Soldat Maps & Mapmaking > CTF/INF maps

ctf_Caro

(1/3) > >>

darDar:
ctf_Caro
by darDar & Akinaro

Layout by darDar | All visuals by Akinaro

The whole upper / roof path is deadly except the boxes which hurt; means that you will need to boost yourself to navigate through there / or jet onto the boxes and refuel your jet and continue.

Download / Rate on TMS

See more maps by darDar

Lovingly hosted by jrgp's Soldat Mapping Showcase.

%%%%%%%:
Nice. Flags should be beside the caution signs and where it's deadly, to make it more interesting and make sure the top gets used.

darDar:

--- Quote from: %%%%%%% on March 12, 2016, 10:50:09 pm ---Nice. Flags should be beside the caution signs and where it's deadly, to make it more interesting and make sure the top gets used.

--- End quote ---
That would make the map unplayable, as that's the spawn for both teams, which would it make pretty much impossible to cap. Also, the upper / roof path is intended to be used barely anyway. You have in fact larger chances to capture from roof when the flag spawn is located where it is now, as people will take less care of top/roof. (similar to Voland)

CCalp:
That looks awesome :3

nosejj:
When the background scenery option is disabled on config, I cannot see the borders of the roof section (which will cause death) nor the boxes on which you can stand.
So needless to say, I believe those crucial scenery objects should not be a part of the background scenery when they are required for survival.

But honestly, this route seems to me too "forced" on a CTF scenario, getting the vibe of a climb, so with or without fixing of the above - i'd preferably lose this section.
I mean yeah, this type of thing exists for example in Voland, but here the amount of maneuvering required is excessive in my opinion.

Other than that, it is well done and I think this could be in the official map poll if there'll ever be another version released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version