Author Topic: Crowd funded anti cheat  (Read 7055 times)

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
Re: Crowd funded anti cheat
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 07:55:06 am »
+1

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 10:04:26 am »
Well, in case anyone still hopes for this: I've spoken to battle-eye devs. They want no less than 1,000 € per month for the anitcheat.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 12:27:21 pm »
Need to find an up and coming anti cheat developper who wants some practice :D

P.s try offering that we can arrange for Petter our top hunter to stock up their meat freezer for the year?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:31:10 pm by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 01:48:15 pm »
Well, in case anyone still hopes for this: I've spoken to battle-eye devs. They want no less than 1,000 € per month for the anitcheat.

Fair enough. I'm afraid the community won't be able / willing to spend that much money on Soldat, but who knows.
Thanks for gathering and sharing that information with us!

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 03:25:47 am »
Also Falcon, if one of your goals is to port Soldat to run natively on linux then AFAIK any kernel based anti-cheat will not work for this. I remember when we did have BE working it was not possible to join a BE server if you were running Soldat via wine.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 03:28:03 am by CheeSeMan. »
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 11:23:34 am »
No multiplatform game i know of has a proper linux anti-cheat. There are simply no cheaters there, hence noone bothers. + the market is really small, too.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2016, 05:04:53 am »
eh.. this is looking really grim for Soldat :( We're like the titanic... slow but steady, while the cheaters play their violins on the lido deck. We need a big change fast, i hope that 1.8 will shake things up and i actually hope that it comes THIS YEAR.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:07:09 am by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 12:30:15 pm »
me too
- Andrew Lewis

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 12:11:10 pm »
Just don't spawn cheaters.

Offline cute_battlebunny

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 11:21:20 am »
Yeah 1000E is probably a bit too much for soldat but on the other hand that's "only" about 200 players paying 5E a month (and I would totally pay 5E a month if it's worth it).
but really the only way to find out how many people would pay for something like this is to put Soldat to crowdfunding plattforms (not just for anti-cheat but for general
game improvements as well).

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2016, 12:00:31 pm »
I'll not put soldat on any crowdfunding platform because there's nobody that can work on it full time. Even if paid.
- Andrew Lewis

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 10:45:27 am »
You already have hardware ids, accounts are not gonna be any more reliable unless you make player care about his account in a way, i.e. pay for it.
It just struck me that this could be the idea behind Battlefield's XP levels and unlockables. I wonder what their conclusion was so far as to if it helps....

Or maybe they asked their old devs who were fired and they said "IT WORKS GREAT!"