Author Topic: Prone  (Read 3131 times)

Offline BKT

• Major
Prone
« on: May 28, 2016, 05:03:40 am »
It's a common knowledge that you can stand up from prone by switching the direction you're facing, and I think this is good and nothing is wrong with it.

This might be just me, but it's annoyed me to no end when you try to prone in the direction opposite of what you're facing, you press prone once to executed the manuever and you see your soldier do the prone animation in the expected direction, and ended up still standing because you press prone 1 or 2 frames before your cursor switch side...

It would be nice if the game would add a tiny amount of time-delay (say, 5 frames) at the start of the animations, or wait until prone animation finished, before you can switch side to stand up.

I doubt any one cares or shares my frustrations though... So meh.  [retard]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:45:49 am by BKT »
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
Re: Prone
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 08:47:05 am »
I think any sort of delay or forcing the prone/unprone animation to finish could possibly break all the movement techniques which relying on insta-prones and prone canceling.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 10:25:31 am »
Improve your technique till it (almost) never happens.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 11:06:23 am »
Improve your technique till it (almost) never happens.

I'll try to fap faster the next time i do it; should help to increase my swiping speed.  :P

Anyway... Did anyone ever asked for a 'Jump' button to cancel the prone (and jump up if you keep holding the key like normal) ...?  ???  I don't see any bad things that could come out from this, only more convenience and better flow.
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...