Author Topic: Fryer's SoldatStream Mod  (Read 8682 times)

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
Fryer's SoldatStream Mod
« on: May 30, 2016, 10:52:56 am »
Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

About the mod: This is the mod I used in my SCTFL finals stream. It was made specifically for that stream, so some things that were not going to be visible in that stream have not been modded to follow the theme. I may or may not update the mod with these things later.
Installation: Extract the contents of the attached zip to your Soldat folder or to a folder in mods/.... Note that if you use the mod starter with mods/... the black fade edges will not be loaded. This is likely a bug in Soldat, so if you want the edges, just move them to textures/edges/... and replace the default edges. Reported bug and workaround added in mod.
Video: SCTFL 28 finals, ctf_Blade.
Modded files:
  • Ping dot: Removed*.
  • Menu cursor: Very tiny, 3 pixels*.
  • Menu background: Darkened.
  • Flag pole: Lighter for improved visibility.
  • Explosion: Center removed for improved player visibility.
  • Grenade: White outline for improved visibility. Cluster grenades not modified**.
  • Kits: Medikit and grenadekit simplified. Bonus kits not modified**.
  • Bullets: Uniquely color coded for easy identification. Contrasted outlines added for visibility. Stat. gun and bow not modified**.
  • Textures: Blurred for a less distracting experience.
  • Edges: Black fade for clarity.
* Some things have been removed or resized because they added unnecessary clutter to the stream. I recommend not including these modifications for normal gameplay.
** Some things have not been modified to fit the theme because they were not needed in the stream. I might add these later depending on demand.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:22:19 am by Fryer »
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: Fryer's SoldatStream Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 01:55:52 pm »
Great job! Really good for streams. I think I'll snatch a bit of the modification myself for playing. :)

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 06:24:08 am »
Update: Added workaround for the problem with edges; you no longer have to replace your default edges to make them work.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 09:13:16 am »
Now I can finally start Realistic Mode Streams... Bravely fighting bots. Because only bots play Realistic these days ;(

Nice work though :)

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 04:06:26 pm »
Good Mod,the best!
Make love, not war.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 10:52:06 am »
I dislike the textures. In my opinion you should keep them default. This looks very ugly for spectators.
Quake is also a fast paced game and they use the default textures on the biggest streams like QuakeCon.
As we know Soldat/Quake players tend to use simplified textures to "increase visibility". So, it's almost the same idea.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 08:36:27 am »
I dislike the textures. In my opinion you should keep them default. This looks very ugly for spectators.
Quake is also a fast paced game and they use the default textures on the biggest streams like QuakeCon.
As we know Soldat/Quake players tend to use simplified textures to "increase visibility". So, it's almost the same idea.
Yeah,I little use mods,But I enjoy this mod xDDDDDD

Make love, not war.