Author Topic: (WM) changes for 1.7.1  (Read 2855 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
(WM) changes for 1.7.1
« on: May 31, 2016, 02:24:30 pm »
I'm gathering some public opinions about the current state of the (WM).

'The (WM) will get some little rework for the next release and I would like to gather some opinions about what might possibly be changed.

Please don't derail the thread with off-topic or unrelated replies.

Your opinion can only be taken into account if you provide details. Please include the desired changes in you replies (e.g: fireinterval, damage, reload time, etc.)
'

This thread is also available on sctfl.net, here

PS: If server hosts of public servers could send me weapon usage stats, that would be nice.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
Re: (WM) changes for 1.7.1
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:33:45 pm »
Copy barrett setup from soldat 1.5.0 and paste in soldat 1.7.1 :) And you say that barrett was once even easier than it is now ... now only barrett cheaters play witchout movement and bink.
This be 1.5.0:
Code: [Select]
[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=225
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=300
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=25
Bink=100
MovementAcc=7
Recoil=0
Change only MovementAcc=7 to MovementAcc=13
This be 1.7.0:
Code: [Select]
[Barret M82A1]
Damage=445
FireInterval=225
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=70
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=19
Bink=65
MovementAcc=11
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=45
InheritedVelocity=50

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:46:44 pm »
Need to fix the minigun, reduce the damage should do it.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:16:10 pm »
Minigun: +FireInterval / +Damage / ++StartUpTime / ++ReloadTime
Ruger: --ReloadTime
M79: +Damage
Barrett: +++ReloadTime
FN Minimi: -ReloadTime
Socom: +BulletSpread / ++ReloadTime
M72 LAW: ++StartUpTime / -Damage
Knife: Fix the throwing weapon bypass weapon switching animation (which allow you to throw knife way quicker than it should when you switch to it)
Chainsaw: Have ammo; it's way too retarded without it.
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:44:58 pm »
I'm no expert on weapon balance so my opinion is purely based on "feel" of the gun, not on facts or stats, but here's my 2 cents:

The only glaring problem that stood out for me in 1.7.0 is MP5 - I don't think it currently has a well-defined role and doesn't excel at anything. Its accuracy is too poor even for medium range, especially considering it's already limited by low bullet velocity. Its damage and TTK seem too low to make it good at close range either, let alone medium range. IMO MP5 needs either a damage buff to make it a viable close-range auto with good zoning abilities at further ranges, or a significant accuracy buff, maybe with some further reduction to bullet velocity to make it excel at over-the-cover shooting.

IMO autos could use a small accuracy buff across the board, to compensate for the new spread mechanic that got added a few versions back. Right now weapons like MP5 and Steyr feel more random than they should be.

Other than that, Flamethrower needs love (a lot of it), and so do Cluster Grenades. Both of these weapons are too weak to be of much use.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:53:22 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 09:42:27 am »
Ruger: --ReloadTime
If not this than maybe a bit increase frequency or a little bit increase the damage so two shots in chest were able to kill always at long ranges.

M79: +Damage
Definitely this. M79 is way to lowerpowered on Normal Mode because it can't kill by hitting (very) close to the opponent. Only direct hits kill. There's only one shot and hitting with this weapon is way harder than Barret (that is actually quite op atm) - not to mention range abilities.

Barrett: +++ReloadTime
dafuq? What's that gonna change in real life? Increase StartUpTime+++ dammit. This weapon is so overused on public servers because of way to low StartUpTime. ReloadTime (70) in 10-bullets Barret lower than in 4-bullets Ruger (84) is also a bit joke, yea.

M72 LAW: ++StartUpTime / -Damage
As great Damage as M79 is a very 'fuck you M79 users' but instead of lowering its Damage I'd rather see M79's increased instead as mentioned previously. StartUpTime++ definitely HAS to be increased as it's currently a fucking joke. Make it twice greater or more. People can literaly shot with it by falling on the ground and immediately firing. Remember how great Speed it has. Way too deadly atm.

Knife: Fix the throwing weapon bypass weapon switching animation (which allow you to throw knife way quicker than it should when you switch to it)
Didn't practice such thing. Still, it takes quite a lot of time go give it enough of speed to actually make it fly. Also, I'd like to see some Damage increased because this weapon loses Speed after being thrown and Knife headshot doesn't have to kill always what's pretty sad according to great effort player does to make one hit at longer distances. Really demotivating.

Chainsaw: Have ammo; it's way too retarded without it.
Yea, currently it's really effortless to play this weapon without ammo. Make it require at least such low amount of skill to use it.

That would be about stuff I have noticed to the date. Maybe there'll be something more later.

Offline BKT

• Major
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 03:51:51 pm »
If not this than maybe a bit increase frequency or a little bit increase the damage so two shots in chest were able to kill always at long ranges.

A bit faster fireinterval won't do much and people would yelp like a kicked puppy if it's increased to the point that it's actually useful; same goes for more damage.

So that's leave it with faster reload, which is really way too slow for such a headache-inducing-to-use-yet-weak gun; it take longer time than DEgle to get your shot out when reload at the same time.

M79 is way to lowerpowered on Normal Mode because it can't kill by hitting (very) close to the opponent. Only direct hits kill.

I don't think it should kill in one shot vs people with full HP if it isn't a direct hit. But greater splash dmg would certainly help.

dafuq? What's that gonna change in real life?

Almost nothing. It just to make the game a bit less idiotic.

Increase StartUpTime+++ dammit. This weapon is so overused on public servers because of way to low StartUpTime.

Messing with this has the same conundrum as messing with Ruger's dmg output; it tend to either won't do much or rendered it unusable.

If it should be nerf, then it should be in a way that act like a dimming switch to make it less effective without altering how it work (which Ruger sadly was a victim of not doing this) ... Increasing its fireinterval would be a good start, which I think is a tad low; due to its fireinterval-instead-of-reload nature, it's very predictable and less limiting when compared to thing like M79, which has its reload interrupted if you do things like using nades, switching weapon or flip/roll.
Owned by player with high ping = Blame the ping.
Keep getting owned when playing on the other side of the world and got high ping = Blame the ping.

Make sense...