Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.7.1b1 beta release ready for testing!  (Read 17935 times)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Re: SOLDAT 1.7.1b1 beta release ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 12:04:42 pm »
Theres plans for the next versions? You could set a roadmap or something like this, we would like to contribute ;)
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 12:20:21 pm »
1, 2, 3, new gui ideas and the most important one - anticheat. Hoping for the best :) Good luck!

btw. every once in a while some red numbers appear on my screen, actually it happens every time someone dies. Mind telling me what's that and how i fix this :P?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:37:36 pm by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 01:44:09 pm »
That probably appeared in #soldat gather, and that is darDar uploading the wrong script on the server.

EDIT: Ok, he said he enabled that output for everyone for some reason in that game. These texts show you how much damage was dealt to the person near it. It's what we used to test how WM changes affect weapons.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:15:47 pm by Falcon` »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 04:47:14 am »
Well, the beta seems to be working hella' good! Smoother experience as you mentioned.

• More HD: That's really good and hopefully will make the game more attractive to new players!
• Ridding the splash screen seems like a smart move for 2016.
• WM: Seems like Ruger is "too good". Rest is fine!

By the way, I do not know if I am the only one, but it took really long to download. Maybe you guys should include a few mirrors for the downloads section.
I took the freedom to create a Dropbox mirror in case anyone's stuck with a slow download as well like me (took like 30 minutes):
Download Soldat 1.7.1b1 (Dropbox Mirror)

Looking forward for the next releases!  [pigtail]

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 04:52:20 pm »
why barrett not get any change? Still too fast trigger, still too small bink and still OP weapon. And this fucking bug about "smaller viewfinder when gostek prone in flight"...

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 08:53:51 pm »
why barrett not get any change? Still too fast trigger, still too small bink and still OP weapon. And this fucking bug about "smaller viewfinder when gostek prone in flight"...

Barret was already made much harder to handle in the past couple of years. The weapon is far away from being considered as 'OP'. In no gamemode. It's high popularity is caused by other things.

- it's fun to play
- it's satisfying to kill in one shot
- bad opponents
- trend
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2016, 05:11:37 am »
- Desert Eagles: Movement Acc: 0 -> 1.8 = 0.009

Ah. The only change in the WM that would make me quit ctf. And of course it's there. Why am I not even surprised.
Test it during a gather or something. I have and it's actually still very good comparing to other weapons! The numbers aren't completely giving the in-game feel. If you could aim with deaglea in 1.7 doesnt feel to different now.

Offline gol

• Major(1)
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 08:12:22 am »
- Modified default control keys, Prone is now F, throw flag is now LCTRL, grenade is now SPACE, drop weapon/throw knife is now SHIFT
WHY? <_<

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 10:48:40 pm »
- Desert Eagles: Movement Acc: 0 -> 1.8 = 0.009

Ah. The only change in the WM that would make me quit ctf. And of course it's there. Why am I not even surprised.
Test it during a gather or something. I have and it's actually still very good comparing to other weapons! The numbers aren't completely giving the in-game feel. If you could aim with deaglea in 1.7 doesnt feel to different now.

We agree. Balance wise, there is almost no difference between the current version and the beta weapon mod version. And I never claimed there was.

What bothers me is that if the moveacc addition were to pass. The deagles would not be efficient while moving anymore (holding a movement key. jetting, jumping, proning...)

Being able to aim precisely without sacrificing movement.

That is the charm of the deagles. That is what makes it fun to play for me. It is what enabled that play-style that I love so much and keeps me playing the game.

Furthermore it is the particularity of that weapon. It is a niche weapon with no alternative (only mid range semi without moveacc). It is the counter part to the ruger (the ruger is more competent for a less mobile gameplay with the advantage of higher damage, bullet speed and range)

The weapon mod team always took pride in making each weapon unique. With the goal to cover a vast amount of different play style and tactics.

The addition of moveacc to the deagles is jeopardizing that goal. Bringing the gameplay of the deagles much closer to the gameplay of the ruger.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:59:47 pm by Bistoufly »