Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making > Partial Modifications

My solution to LightBeam

<< < (2/2)

utkesmer:

--- Quote from: L[0ne]R on July 01, 2016, 06:24:34 pm ---I don't see how those maps are too bright, unless you're playing at night with lights off and contrast cranked up. Certainly not bad enough that this alone would warrant a change. I can see a bit of an improvement on Blade because texture looks cleaner and more uniform, but LightBeam now just looks like rock rather than snow.

--- End quote ---

I'm playing at night with low light and I think many people do. These two maps, especially IceBeam was disturbing me so I tried to solve it, that's all.

And yes, I think I need to blur the texture of IceBeam, I just decreased brightness and left it there, it needs blurring, something like in the Fryer's stream modification. Maybe I should just darken his textures. :)

By the way I don't care if it looks like rock instead of snow, that doesn't mean anything for me.

homerofgods:
I use Flux to reduce some coloured light before I go to bed. After some intensive gaming years I seam to have problems with bright light and heat on the eyes, for example if I'm watching a campfire and feel the heat it's almost like my eyes dry up. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version