Author Topic: Sound Volume  (Read 4224 times)

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
Sound Volume
« on: July 03, 2016, 01:58:42 pm »
I've been wondering; isn't the sound volume a bit high?
I'm using headphones, and I had to set Soldat volume to the lowest (10%) and additionally reduce general volume to 10% or less, a higher setting isn't bearable (so that's 1% of the maximally possible volume..).
The gun shots are also a lot louder than all other sounds, so by setting it to this low volume I can't hear a lot of f.e. movement sounds.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:01:12 pm by TheOne »

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: Sound Volume
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:16:12 am »
I actually too have a hard time with leveling the game's sound against my music player.
With headphones it definitely takes over easily, but also with speakers Soldat is louder.

Offline Name

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »
Soldat has had a decreasing functionability for me during the years. Especially since my first 10 years it's been degrading more and more to an unplayable state. Details such as sound tend to not make much of a difference in the context, but it still holds true that my usual sound setting would be below 100%.

My recomendation would be to set the default master of 100% to a slightly lower volume than it used to be, but also to allow players to set it higher, to 300% or so. That way you could still play things like they used to be but not have random Windows sounds appear as if half of your home was blown to pieces.

Anothother recommendation would be to let the game work according to preset codes which would determine things such as physics and movement and to have those settings work consistantly. Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:19:36 pm by Name »

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:50:00 am »
For me is good.

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 11:05:20 am »
Generally, I have to agree with the thread starter. However, for me the problem does not seem to be as big: When I play Soldat without music, I usually have the sound volume set to 50%. When I want to play with background music, I set the sound to about 25%.

Moderated: Thread moved to a more appropriate subforum.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:09:19 am by CCalp »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 02:00:14 pm »
Sound engine got replaced in 1.8, perhaps leave it alone until you try it.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.