Author Topic: Server crash why?  (Read 3144 times)

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
Server crash why?
« on: August 23, 2016, 11:38:41 am »

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Re: Server crash why?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 03:33:11 pm »
I think these forums (and web forums in general) are for communicating with use of words - not videos. I'm not even bitching yet about that it's in Polish - not English. The thing is that your post is going to be understood by a really small fracture of users here. The video may be once deleted from YouTube so if anyone wanted to read this post anytime later, one would have no context at all. So it wouldn't be helpful to anyone at all. Also, this post seems directly asking Falcon for his investigation of a problem you have encountered with Soldat Server. So why posting it to public instead of simply private messaging him?

Btw. Was that awful background music necessary? xD

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 04:35:42 am »
You need to be an idiot not to have noticed what the problem, I could just as well not to say anything.
Music must be in background and that just it was in a playlist that was it

Offline ExHunter

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
  • Speedy go!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 02:50:12 pm »
People like me in germany cannot watch it, because of youtube issues with GEMA.

So, was the background music really necessary?

(+ all what machina said)

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 04:02:40 pm »
I honestly don't know why some of the posters here are such haters, particularly to soldat-game (not talking specifically about this post, but just a general trend of unwarranted disrespect I've noticed over time)

I mean the goal here is to best convey the information pertaining to the glitch to the people able to fix it, right
He figured he could best explain the bug in his native Polish, knowing that some of the dev team speak Polish

Asking him to send a PM directly to Falcon for a bug to do with soldatserver.exe, which could affect other players, is just nitpicky; by that logic, half of the posts on these forums shouldn't be here
Granted, he could've posted it to Mantis or whatever bug tracker the devs are using nowadays, in conjunction with this post

Ex, you bring up a fair point (I mean, in your case, you could probably use a VPN, but that's an added hassle) regarding some people not being able to watch the video for various reasons
Ideally, him or someone else more proficient in English would write a summary of what the issue was [and after it's fixed, how it was fixed]

Yeah, the music wasn't necessary, but hindsight it 20/20; how was he to know that copyright issues might come into play

To be clear, though, Irreplaceable is a good song
To the left, to the left; if you don't agree, you're not right, you're to the left

Keep doing what you're doing, Dominik ─ we know you only want what's best for Soldat
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:07:33 pm by %%%%%%% »

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 12:05:33 pm »
New big update windows 10 and now is this:
16-09-03 18:54:52 
  • [Battlefield Mod!] Unhandled exception occured:

• [Battlefield Mod!] In unit battlefield.pas(1726:3) [APPONIDLESC3]: In unit battlefield.pas(1726:3): Could not call proc (Could not call proc)

• [TrenchwarDomination] Unhandled exception occured:

• [TrenchwarDomination] In unit TrenchwarDomination.pas(102:2) [CELLCAL]: In unit TrenchwarDomination.pas(102:2): Could not call proc (Could not call proc)

• Disabling Battlefield Mod!

• Disabling TrenchwarDomination
TrenchwarDomination
Code: [Select]
procedure cellcal();
begin
FlagX[1] := round(Map.RedFlag.X); FlagY[1] := round(Map.RedFlag.Y); flagX[2] := round(Map.BlueFlag.X); FlagY[2] := round(Map.BlueFlag.Y); cell[1] := round(Map.BlueFlag.Y);
end;

Battlefield Mod!
Code: [Select]
procedure AppOnIdleSC3(Ticks: integer);
begin
if (isCompile=false) then begin
isCompile := True;
FlagX[1] := round(Map.RedFlag.X); FlagY[1] := round(Map.RedFlag.Y);
flagX[2] := round(Map.BlueFlag.X); FlagY[2] := round(Map.BlueFlag.Y);
end;
end;