Author Topic: SVL 3 Begins!  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
SVL 3 Begins!
« on: August 01, 2016, 11:19:11 am »
The third season of Soldat 1v1 League has officially started! You may now start playing your matches. Players can still sign up so if you haven't done so yet, it's not too late to join! Remember to familiarize yourself with SVL RULES(Freeplay/Playoffs format including the addition of Arab, Malaise, Screamy and vs_Ash to the map-pool) which you have to be absolutely aware of. When the freeplay period of the season ends, the top 8 players advance into a playoff bracket. No changes here. Remember that the top spots are worth more so i encourage all participants to reach for them. Playoffs format strongly favors the best Freeplay part players. Good luck to everyone. :]

* We scripted servers in a way that you get  -1kill for EVERY selfkill(doesn't matter if it was intentional or not). Remember that SVL matches must be played on the league servers. The full list of the available league servers:

1.) soldat://mlhdgrl.me:23080/svl1
2.) soldat://mlhdgrl.me:23081/svl2
3.) soldat://eu.soldatladder.net:32078/1on1
4.) soldat://eu.soldatladder.net:32077
5.) soldat://104.131.112.122:23073/svl
6.) soldat://104.131.112.122:23074/svl

Any matches played on different servers will be void. The last two servers are NA. Big thanks to zakath, Azwraith and helloer who provided us with these servers which should be working like a charm.

* The freeplay period is separated into two phases of one week, so overall of two weeks. Each player can play the same opposing player three times during each phase of freeplay.

* If you thought you can play some matches before the freeplay begins and report them now, don't report them. I will check logs and ban any players that do this.

* The main purpose for the league is to provide a fun atmosphere for enjoying a relaxing game of Soldat and to attract pub players to our community who have not really been exposed to the "advanced Soldat" (forums/irc/gather) scene besides this league and its former seasons. Many of these public players are experts at 1v1 so please be courteous and accept them with big heart.

* Please remember that a weapon damage, and definitely kill potential in 1v1 battles, have nothing to do with weapon viability and usefulness in CTF games. This has always been a separate mode. 1v1 games know no bad or good play. SVL only knows winning and losing. Welcome to 1v1 - the game of patience.

//Original post by Petterkowski can be found here.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."