Author Topic: [nice pictures] newsoldat.exe  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Sipar

• Major
    • http://dolinski.cz
[nice pictures] newsoldat.exe
« on: September 12, 2016, 01:05:15 pm »
hi, here are another screenshots to boost my graphic designer ego
new soldat

screen concepts (September 13th 2016)
menu,profile:
menu,controls:
menu,message:
menu,options:

screen concepts (September 12th 2016)
menu, offline play:
ingame:
ingame (dead,weaponsmenu):

bonus:
trenchsoldat:
not used:  
jj abrams:
-
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:46:39 am by Sipar »

Offline ginn

• Camper
Re: [nice pictures] newsoldat.exe
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 02:46:17 am »
Don't like it, sorry..

Downgrading graphics that heavily... And then just redoing the menus a tiny bit with some new graphics wouldn't cut it.

Offline Sipar

• Major
    • http://dolinski.cz
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 05:48:40 am »
thats all right
-
added:
screen concepts (September 13th 2016)

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 08:20:37 am »
Don't like it, sorry.. Downgrading graphics that heavily
I'd like to see smooth details as well. These graphics wouldn't even satisfy my smartphone xD

So currently, this is much better.

Offline utkesmer

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 10:29:06 am »
https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44128.0

This is the thing. Forget anything else. Bring this to life.

Offline eieigoto

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 03:05:28 am »
These graphics wouldn't even satisfy my smartphone
ทางเข้า royal1688

Offline Mokkun

• Major(1)
  • Zz
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 01:31:47 pm »
All those comments about graphics, did you even play Soldat around 2005? I liked the pixelated "shit" graphics of soldat, I thought people were over "graphics > everything". For me the gameplay is most important, I don't think the game "died" because the graphics were getting old, there is a lot of indie game that are very popular and with huge playerbase and the graphics are either shit or subpar pixel art.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 03:06:23 pm »
All those comments about graphics, did you even play Soldat around 2005? I liked the pixelated "shit" graphics of soldat, I thought people were over "graphics > everything". For me the gameplay is most important, I don't think the game "died" because the graphics were getting old, there is a lot of indie game that are very popular and with huge playerbase and the graphics are either shit or subpar pixel art.
Why bother then changing shit graphics to shit graphics? There's no use of such "improvement" then.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 04:17:04 am »

There is difference between pixel-art like graphic like some indie games have, and chaotic unbalanced graphic that soldat have right now. +most of those Indie games are filled with additional effects, like dynamic lighting, paralax, dynamic environment  etc. that make nice mix of old and new look. And also they have lots of additional features like offline/online statistic that today are must have in any multiplayer game.

And I seriously have no idea why the hell you mentioned ""did you even play Soldat around 2005"". Because of such talk soldat actually cant get proper attention, because bunch of selfish #### whine all the time "how old times where better" or "I dont need new graphic".
Seriously get your brain together and LOOK AT IT IN WIDER PERSPECTIVE. Its year 2017, not 2005. To keep soldat running you need to EVOLVE, gather new player, and new player sadly need better graphic.
You can sit there and say that Soldat is kept alive by old gather players but its total bullshit, those old players start from public game like anyone else, for past few months I actually didnt saw any new player, and those that pretend to be new, are actually old ones that just changed nick to Major to mess with others.

So you can keep soldat as a toy for old players that play it because sentiment without touching anything and look how it die slowly, or make soldat evelove to be more modern so it will fit to new players, that after time can become new generation of "old players".

Also about notice that those ""shit or subpar pixel art games"" use proper way of developing game, with donations, advertising and proper dev team that have proper plan that they introduced to players. Soldat because of its messed up situation of licensing(for past years game was developed actually by players and reg money where still went to MM that didnt do anything for it) and lack of any proper support is still after all those years just playground for few friends.
I will not write about that again so just read it there to see my point.
https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=43307.msg529484#msg529484