Author Topic: SCTFL29 begins!  (Read 8830 times)

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
SCTFL29 begins!
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »
Hello!

Sign-ups for the 29th season of Soldat's most popular CTF league are now officially open! If you want to join the fun, read this post to find out how to register your clan. The date for the official start of the season is Monday, 17 October 2016. The previous season has been won by: Federalna Ochrona Syberyjskich Tygrysów. Impure Minds im:// was the runner-up.

Here's the summary of the final match:
HYPE VIDEO
STREAM OF FINAL
Match Report

As some of you might have noticed, the eventual 1.8 release of Soldat will introduce some major changes—one of which involves reducing the default map pool to 15 maps per gamemode. (That means default Soldat 1.8 will only include 15 CTF maps)

If we followed the rules of previous seasons, this would mean that only 15 maps would be available for play in SCTFL. However, we believe that 15 maps is not enough to fulfill the needs of the competitive league. Therefore, the SCTFL admin team has decided to diverge from tradition and create an independent SCTFL maplist in preparation for 1.8.

We will start by removing some of the least-played maps (Maya, Mayapan, Crucifix, Run, Ruins and Lanubya) and replacing them with three new custom maps, which we hope will have a positive effect on the season and the competitive scene.

The new maps are:
1.)ctf_Aftermath made by Viral
2.)ctf_Fl (Frozenlake) made by zakath
3.)ctf_Catch made by zakath

All of these maps are already available on soldatladder servers in irc(quakenet) and in gather #soldat. In case you don't have irc read this post

We would also like to welcome Petterkowski to the SCTFL Staff! May all our muscles be blessed from this day forth.

Thus, your friendly neighborhood SCTFL staff now looks like this:
Gor, Fryer, ricr, Freeman, DutchFlame and Petterkowski

Furthermore, we welcome Nosejj as an addition to our lovely helper team.

One final announcement: Soldat World Cup 2016 has concluded, and Team Poland has emerged victorious! Congratulations.
You can find the final match here.

Update (17/10/16):

The first freeplay phase of SCTFL's 29th season has begun! Please make sure to familiarize yourself with this season's rule changes; the general rules post will be edited within the next few days to reflect these important updates to our ruleset. Players should also take time to check the updated banlist and punishments.

To recap some important points:

• ctf_Ash is the tiebreaker for the first phase of freeplay. ctf_Catch will be the tiebreaker for second phase

• ctf_Catch, ctf_aftermath, and ctf_Fl have been added to the map pool; ctf_Maya, ctf_Mayapan, ctf_Crucifix, ctf_Run, ctf_Ruins and ctf_Lanubya have been removed

• You may play a clan four times per phase

• The top 12 clans will advance to playoffs

• Remember to take screens and record demos! You must keep your demos and screens from matches for the entire season

Good luck, everyone!
[Post on sctfl.net]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:54:52 am by CCalp »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
Re: SCTFL29 Sign-ups are open!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:47:44 pm »
Good..I need a clan!  :P gg
Make love, not war.

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »
Interested pm  :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:44:26 pm by Slasher »
Make love, not war.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 01:21:02 am »
Moved the thread to News section.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:09:29 am »
Interested pm  :D :D :D :D :D

Get on #soldat on Quakenet and play some gathers to meet some clans(www.gather.vet) , or find players on public servers and create a clan to sign up with :) only options I think you will not find a clan on this forums.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Sgt.Colwell

• Soldier
  • Last of a dying breed
Re: SCTFL29 begins!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 08:20:18 pm »
It has been since 2007 since I last played this game. Where has the time gone gentlemen?
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein