Author Topic: Soldat on Discord (Teamspeak and Chat combined!)  (Read 17613 times)

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: Soldat on Discord (Teamspeak and Chat combined!)
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 07:35:43 pm »
I will comment only on a few of the matters (again, only on my behalf)

1) darDar wasn't a founding member of #Gather.EU afaik, and i dont htink i ever said he was. He joined the team somewhere along the way and contributed lots since then.

2) As I said, it isn't about the money. I guess there's a handful of people willing to pay for servers.

3) The WM poll was unfortunately a failure. We wanted to hear the opinions of the community, whilst we ended up with many "random" votes.
For example: I wanted to give all WMs a chance (171/drdr/qb) and tested all of them for a period of time then made a countdown "3 2 1" and it voted for 1.7.1WM. I saw many other people who voted mistakenly with saying,
for instance: "3v3" and the bot has accepted a vote. If you want to take it as a win, go ahead. In my eyes, the number of gathers are talking for themselves (and they are also posted here).

Anyway, this was the first time we ran a poll publicly with this bot, and we learnt some stuff out of doing so. No shame in making mistakes.

This is again not behalf of the administration team, but my own personal opinions, so you'll have at least one answer.
If you'll be more civil with your comments, maybe someone other than myself, will ever answer.

However, HAPPY NEWS! ctf_Fl is also ready for action! Now we're left with preparing ctf_Lava, to see if we can make improvements to it.
You can see it and try it out the remake already now: Here!

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 01:55:58 am »
3) The WM poll was unfortunately a failure. We wanted to hear the opinions of the community, whilst we ended up with many "random" votes.
For example: I wanted to give all WMs a chance (171/drdr/qb) and tested all of them for a period of time then made a countdown "3 2 1" and it voted for 1.7.1WM. I saw many other people who voted mistakenly with saying,
for instance: "3v3" and the bot has accepted a vote. If you want to take it as a win, go ahead. In my eyes, the number of gathers are talking for themselves (and they are also posted here).
I believe that is very unfair. Switch the weapon mods so that Dardars is wmadd and Ginns is the normal one and see how the statistics are then. We both know how it would turn out. The fact that there are people making a conscious effort to play a different WM than DarDars says that there is a lot wrong with his weapon mod in my opinion.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 09:55:57 am »
You're entitled to your opinion.
And what did you expect? Of course its just my opinion....

Just curious, are you a member of Discord? Did you play both WM's? If you haven't played a few full games with the WM's then I cannot take your opinion about them too seriously.

You have no idea how often I play... You have the same problem as other "older players" you judge people on this forum based on nick and registration date... You would be surprised what nicks I use in Soldat and how many times I played, even with you or ginn or DarDar... :]

Soldat is one thing, and Discord is another. Our goal is to create a communal hub where players of all sorts can gather (ctf/hns/climbers/etc...), one of our main services is Gathers which have been a tool to provide more quality skilled games for the more experienced players, and a chance to learn competitive 3v3 ctf for the less experienced ones. We know not everyone is going to be appealed to this concept.
But that post just like those before mine was about WM... so I dont see point of that comment...

P.S. We can understand you perfectly clear without using words such as "suck, "faeces", "give a crap", "crappy".
I understand you're at some high level of frustration (over 9,000?), but we all love the game and want it to evolve. Otherwise we wouldn't come back to these forums, would we?

Take it easy, pal. ;)

Are you offended by those word? Feel threatened like some sort 2017 snowflake? :D
I dont care if someone like my writing style. Especially here, where its a matter of using "search" option to find that you all behave like saints but forum history show that you all use those words... But NOW you feel offended by word like "suck" or "crappy"...

I can use more sophisticated words but tell me, what is difference between saying: "your work is really shoddy and meretricious. Its not worth any time of any person" and "it suck"... I can bet my house, car and dog that no matter how I would write it, in your head you would have one word after reading it... and it would be the last one "it suck".

And dont worry, I dont have high level of frustration. I actually have pure joy from reading all of this, your small wars and lack of understanding what is important for game is amazing, you all are really like kids that fight over who gonna play in sandpit :D Im not kidding, its just hilarious.

I believe that is very unfair. Switch the weapon mods so that Dardars is wmadd and Ginns is the normal one and see how the statistics are then. We both know how it would turn out. The fact that there are people making a conscious effort to play a different WM than DarDars says that there is a lot wrong with his weapon mod in my opinion.

I would actually just put WM without saying who made it and what changes where made.
I actually would put current default WM and I can bet that 70% of people would start saying "that was changed, that is too slow, this is different"
And other 30% would just play and get used to it and get better without crying about small changes.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:58:52 am by Akinaro »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 10:33:01 am »

Anyway, this was the first time we ran a poll publicly with this bot, and we learnt some stuff out of doing so. No shame in making mistakes.
So Default and darDars vote got extra votes... Since mine was 2.
As denacke said, if you actually want a fair vote you'd have to put mine on add/cadd, or if you want equal statistics. It'd ridiculous to believe that everyone would start to use !wmadd just to play darDars wm.

Also, I was in the "wm-team", which is basically quiet, or tries to suck up to darDar. I know somebody else in the wm-team, who also has tried to influence darDars decision making in the WM. Basically I stated my opinion that really only steyr, spas and mp5 were viable, most agreed.... Later on I was kicked, after darDar had started ignoring my PMs for quite a while (where I had some input, showed my wm, and my thoughts on handling balancing). When he actually responded to pms he never really listened, just made a response to pretend he was cooperative. The other person I know in the wm-team has basically told me the same thing goes for him... He's given loads of input, but it all goes ignored. Don't think he's been kicked from the wm-team yet.

Some others of them, like sting, and snip... Won't actually play my wm (sting has a couple of times, but he got "rekt" by his opponents... can't do captains). And their biggest criticism about it is basically that I made it. A large part of the wm-team don't actually know how the game and wm actually works (like tanaka, he wants the old bink control, but it's impossible, but his input remains the same), and those who ignore actually testing wm (snip, sting, shredder, etc (also never seen shredder or snip say anything in there)).

It's always funny to hear the "competition is always welcome :)"... When you guys persuaded Xvays to keep the bot private. It's the major piece missing to take over the gather scene, and I'm sure you know it.
On the "cadd" note... I think you guys need to rebalanced who you make lvl 2/3/4... Because there's a reason some people only add to captains. People like d4sh, ricr, and lesonen can't carry a team like some other lvl4 players can, at best they are lvl 3, while some of them are lvl 2. The same goes for some people who are lvl 3. Coco specifically asked to be a lower level because he knew he wasn't good enough for the level he was given (and he was given it because he's friends with the admins).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:36:02 am by ginn »