11 (61.1%)
I don't know
2 (11.1%)
I don't care
4 (22.2%)
No
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: AntiTeleport and AntiSuperman  (Read 11224 times)

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: AntiTeleport and AntiSuperman
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 11:46:49 pm »
Actually 2.5.2 has blocked afew of those 'hacks'
If somone is willing to code a anti-hack client that runs on a players PC and 'communicates' with the server, I would be willing to help in any way possible, especially with communicating with the server.

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 01:28:45 pm »
im not that experienced with program programming, i know html which wont help at all here... but to my questoin. how do the hacks work, they cant just run undetected on servers. the server must have some different data coming from a hacker than coming from an innocent person...

maybe they could track people who's reload times are under .5 seconds excluding chainsaw. thta would get rid of reload hackers...

check thier jet usage in lets say a minute. if the basic equation is high than possible (like an equation relating how much jet you can use on a certain level in a minute), then kick them.

hmmm maybe for ammo hacks check their bullets put out in a minute with a similar formula as above, but make different equations depending on what gun the person is using.

now these are all thoughts by me, probably all previously thought up by other programmers, but they are thoughts. and i dont know if these type of equations would work in whatever you guys are doing. if you are using C++, i bet it would work. I'm just trying to give input on a problem i wish i could help with. im sorry for my programming INexperience...:( but i hope you appreciated my input.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 05:44:38 pm »
Sadly, none of that can be done due to cronic UDP packet loss, so quite often the server doesnt know when a player is reloading, or even shooting for that point.

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 12:31:32 pm »
As Enesce said, things like ammo, jet, bink, delay (and some other stuff) can't be tracked by the server due to UDP packet loss. It could cause a lot of problems like you reload but the server still thinks you're out of ammo.

That's why anticheat software needs to run in the client. I would do it if I had the skills, but coding anticheat software isn't that easy. You have to hook it to the game and monitor memory addresses so they aren't changed by outside applications. You have to scan active processes to identify the hacks and you also have to make sure the hacks aren't gonna disable the antihack in some way.

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2006, 04:05:36 pm »
sorry guys, but I've gotta lock this.  If the time comes that MM or EnEsCe are looking for more input on the topic, they'll come here and unlock it (or in enesce's case, ask to have it unlocked) or ask for help elsewhere.

Thanks for all the ideas, but for now its time to lay the topic to rest