Author Topic: savehenny,orangecave (climb)  (Read 5252 times)

Offline No-Mercy

• Major
savehenny,orangecave (climb)
« on: November 21, 2016, 12:59:46 pm »
savehenny,orangecave

This time our friend Henny is in danger.
He left his village to search for the magic red stone, with curative powers, that is inside the Orange cave. But Henny did not know that inside the cave lives a terrible monster. The monster has captured henny and closed him in a cage.
Will you be able to get to the end of the cave, snatch away the key from the tentacles of the terrible monster and bring henny safe?

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 03:15:52 pm by No-Mercy »

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
Re: savehenny,orangecave (climb)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 08:51:02 am »
Map looks fine in PW. No strict combos, just an oldschool design.
As for the map structure. Don't you think that almost 3k polygons is a bit overkill? Maybe try lowering it next time. The layers and polygon structure could be done better to be more solid.
Overall you created a nice map actually. Decent look, consistent difficulty... I am satisfied.

Poor Henny tho. He is facing the fatass gostek bug and now you put him in a danger.
Maybe you could consider using your ingame nick in the maps because "No Mercy" nick kinda reminds me of [Rc*] No Mercy who is American and he was a pretty good climber like 6 or even more years ago afaik.

Offline No-Mercy

• Major
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:10:15 pm »
Map looks fine in PW. No strict combos, just an oldschool design.
As for the map structure. Don't you think that almost 3k polygons is a bit overkill? Maybe try lowering it next time. The layers and polygon structure could be done better to be more solid.
Overall you created a nice map actually. Decent look, consistent difficulty... I am satisfied.

Poor Henny tho. He is facing the fatass gostek bug and now you put him in a danger.
Maybe you could consider using your ingame nick in the maps because "No Mercy" nick kinda reminds me of [Rc*] No Mercy who is American and he was a pretty good climber like 6 or even more years ago afaik.

I really appreciate any feedback so thanks a lot for it.
I had downloaded Soldat PolyWorks 3 years ago but I never used up to 2 months ago. I have yet to get familiar with the various tools and with the software itself.

Yes, I realized that I used too much polygons for this map although more than one-third have been used for that monster. I am not even good at draw so that is a little success for me(even if it is not so well looking ;))! Next time I will try use less of them.
I have to change a lot of times same obstacles or jumps because it is not easy to see what kind of difficulty is more demand.

No Mercy was my regular nick when we had an italian soldat community with forum and gathers born in 2003 that I really miss. So when I had to add a sign at first map I thought at it.
However, if there was a climber known by that name it is fair to change it so next time I will use a different one.

Thanks again for your feedback, Moroes!  ;)

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 03:35:38 pm »
Good map,i'm making one too
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:26:46 pm by Slasher »
Make love, not war.

Offline kicikici

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 12:24:29 pm »
Uploaded to #Rzal [Climb]

I had to cut name of the map, there is a limit of 16 signs, so I decided change it to henny,orangecave.

GJ with the map, we are waiting for more!
Classic banana

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 07:31:12 am »
Don't change your name

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 09:28:06 am »
Don't change your name
Yes, it would be better for him to put only the initials of his name.example: orangecave_he or he_orangecave
Make love, not war.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 04:10:51 pm »
he_orangecave
Such name would ruin the convention of map naming stating that shortcut of gamemode should be followed by underscore and name of the map e.g. ctf_Ash.

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 09:35:26 am »
he_orangecave
Such name would ruin the convention of map naming stating that shortcut of gamemode should be followed by underscore and name of the map e.g. ctf_Ash.
ctf_heorangecave correct?
Make love, not war.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 05:28:09 pm »
This isn't ctf, for Christ's sake. And leave choosing name to the creator -.-

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 07:39:59 pm »
This isn't ctf, for Christ's sake. And leave choosing name to the creator -.-
Not have problem..relax man,it's something one idea