Author Topic: A new art direction for 1.8  (Read 47012 times)

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
Re: A new art direction for 1.8
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2017, 09:18:45 am »
paralax hahahaha oh akinaro oh akinaro hahahaha

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2017, 06:23:08 am »
No news about this? There's something going on?
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2017, 12:49:32 am »
Looking at these again.

The soldiers really need a complete rework.
I don't think it's necessary to stick to the traditional gostek "theme".

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2017, 03:39:36 pm »
The soldiers really need a complete rework.
I don't think it's necessary to stick to the traditional gostek "theme".
What would you like them to be like precisely? I don't think there's much that can be changed due to the magnitudes. Imo it's fine.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2017, 03:00:36 am »
That's up to whoever makes them.

They don't fit with the shadowing and lighting effects... Nor do  they fit the graphical style.
At the moment they look like "programmer art". While the rest of the things look polished.

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2017, 01:11:29 am »
Hi guys

1.8 version will be released this year?

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2017, 06:16:51 am »
Hi guys

1.8 version will be released this year?
Most likely, yes, unless some calamity happens.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline RBK

• Major(1)
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2017, 05:29:47 pm »
LOL u guys are really really funny if u think remaking few maps will change anything , u guys are nothing but just fucking nerds talking on forums, join fucking irc #soldat and try to play some games u will see that SOLDAT IS DEAD .. shit u drivin me crazy guys.. u r not even playing just talking shits on forums for years, do you fucking understand it wont help? god... fucking unbelieveable... shit im just gonna commit suicide cya

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2017, 08:09:34 pm »
LOL u guys are really really funny if u think remaking few maps will change anything , u guys are nothing but just fucking nerds talking on forums, join fucking irc #soldat and try to play some games u will see that SOLDAT IS DEAD .. shit u drivin me crazy guys.. u r not even playing just talking shits on forums for years, do you fucking understand it wont help? god... fucking unbelieveable... shit im just gonna commit suicide cya
I would be playing if the wm wasn't so botched.
And dardar rather have the game die than to add the servers with my wm onto his gather bot.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2017, 06:21:15 am »
I would be playing if the wm wasn't so botched.
And dardar rather have the game die than to add the servers with my wm onto his gather bot.
Yes I also do not want to play because the dar dar broke weapom mod

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2017, 10:56:49 am »
@RBK there is a discord chat now, which means split community when it comes to chat. https://discord.gg/YZzEn9Y
@ginn Btw you can host your own servers with your own wm, not sure if it will help much though.

Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2017, 06:29:30 pm »
@RBK there is a discord chat now, which means split community when it comes to chat. https://discord.gg/YZzEn9Y
@ginn Btw you can host your own servers with your own wm, not sure if it will help much though.
I did, or I made a wm that was great, and Azwraith hosted them on his server.
But, Dardar wouldn't add those servers to his gather bot, and make it a special command to add to those servers... Nor would he allow me to use Azwraiths gather bot which would only react to !addwm, and wouldn't interefere with other gather bot.

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2017, 10:04:10 am »
join fucking irc #soldat
bro why u need all that fancy stuff when u can just click on soldat icon then get some servers and have your fun...
soldat aint dead .. i play cool matches everyday on "public" servers and there is a lot of players flowin the whole week on the austral / zab.
about the "wm" at this point no one really cares about that shit (unless u have OCD).. u fire u die u respawn its the same. it aint like u will have more fun if u have few more bullets xD
and now that i think a bit ... its actually really cool that the games wm changes constantly givin it a new feelin on each iteration...

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2017, 02:14:17 am »
about the "wm" at this point no one really cares about that shit (unless u have OCD).. u fire u die u respawn its the same. it aint like u will have more fun if u have few more bullets xD
and now that i think a bit ... its actually really cool that the games wm changes constantly givin it a new feelin on each iteration...
If you played the game at a high level it's day and night. The difference now is around 15-20% more damage than it used to be, so you die 15-20% faster than you used to.
This basically shuts down pretty much all strategic play, and makes the game into a deathmatch... Sad thing is, even people in the WM team thinks a lot of the "fast gameplay" that's come is because of movement, which is very far from true. They basically have no idea about weapon balance or how the game felt like before everything got screwed over.

Normal mode has become very close to realistic mode, you die incredibly fast. There's basically no need for defensive play anymore, since you can kill attackers in a split second, even if you're off in positioning.

I made a WM that basically takes us back to 1.4.2 era, or around there. We played a few gathers with it, and it was sooooo much fun... Too bad that's probably the last fun I'll get to have with soldat.
Chances of me getting into the wm team are pretty much null, the decision making people are operating on a childs maturity level.

Code: [Select]
[Desert Eagles]
Damage=1.65
FireInterval=24
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=70
Speed=19
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0.0
BulletSpread=0.0
Recoil=0
Push=0.0176
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[HK MP5]
Damage=0.905
FireInterval=6
Ammo=32
ReloadTime=105
Speed=18.9
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0.09
Recoil=0
Push=0.0112
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[Ak-74]
Damage=0.95
FireInterval=12
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=165
Speed=27
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.01615
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.95

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=0.615
FireInterval=7
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=125
Speed=26
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.006
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.254
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.95

[Spas-12]
Damage=1.05
FireInterval=34
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=165
Speed=14
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0.8
Recoil=0
Push=0.015
InheritedVelocity=0.588
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[Ruger 77]
Damage=2.185
FireInterval=42
Ammo=4
ReloadTime=90
Speed=33
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=12
MovementAcc=0.0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.012
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.245
ModifierChest=0.84
ModifierLegs=0.84

[M79]
Damage=1550
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=178
Speed=10.7
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.036
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=1

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=4.45
FireInterval=180
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=70
Speed=55
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=19
Bink=65
MovementAcc=0.05
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.018
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[FN Minimi]
Damage=0.82
FireInterval=9
Ammo=50
ReloadTime=250
Speed=24.6
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.015136
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.95

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=0.333
FireInterval=3
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=360
Speed=29
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=15
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0.0
BulletSpread=0.3
Recoil=0
Push=0.0104
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.85

[USSOCOM]
Damage=1.15
FireInterval=10
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=60
Speed=19
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.02
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.95

[Combat Knife]
Damage=2150
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=6
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.12
InheritedVelocity=0
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Chainsaw]
Damage=50
FireInterval=2
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=110
Speed=8
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.0028
InheritedVelocity=0
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=0.9

[M72 LAW]
Damage=1550
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=300
Speed=23
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=13
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.028
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Punch]
Damage=330
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=5
BulletStyle=6
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0
InheritedVelocity=0
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Grenade]
Damage=1500
FireInterval=80
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=20
Speed=5
BulletStyle=2
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0
InheritedVelocity=1
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[Stationary Gun]
Damage=1.8
FireInterval=10
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=36
BulletStyle=14
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.0088
InheritedVelocity=0
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.85

[Flamer]
Damage=19
FireInterval=6
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=5
Speed=10.5
BulletStyle=5
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.016
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Rambo Bow]
Damage=12
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=25
Speed=21
BulletStyle=7
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.0148
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Flamed Arrows]
Damage=8
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=39
Speed=18
BulletStyle=8
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

Here it is if you want to try it out for yourself, or if you want to host a public server with it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:16:35 am by ginn »

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2017, 09:08:46 pm »
pro dudes away from publics  should kick into public servers for a while
this way devs would see a more homogeneous game and things that are off place will be visible in no time
also this way public players could rise skill level after some time

and to be honest 3v3 organized "ego" matches are not fun at all compared to full blown 6v6 randomness over 90000  matches ..just sayin
that folks could "gather" at publics and it would be a lot more fun for everyone
just imagine the bizarre kick wars  and all that jazz cuz some cheaterz joined and shit

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2017, 05:55:23 am »
and to be honest 3v3 organized "ego" matches are not fun at all compared to full blown 6v6 randomness over 90000  matches ..just sayin
that folks could "gather" at publics and it would be a lot more fun for everyone
just imagine the bizarre kick wars  and all that jazz cuz some cheaterz joined and shit

Chapter 1
Good players vs The Pubs

My friend, i'm pretty sure everyone who is still left in this game is playing it for fun, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. For me and the rest of the competitive community the game becomes more fun as you get better at it, rather than less fun. With a good play, getting better and better at it reveals more and more depth to you, rather than exposing Soldat's shallowness. Look. In Soldat there are two groups of players: a group of good, aspiring-to-be-expert or expert players and a group of players like you - forever public players(no hate intended). Public players, let's call them The Pubs, play "for fun" and not explore the extremities of the mod. They won't find the most effective tactics and abuse them mercilessly. The good players will. The good players will find incredibly overpowering tactics and patterns. As they play the game more in a refined way, they'll be forced to find counters to those tactics. The majority of tactics that at first appear unbeatable end up having counters, though they are often difficult to discover. And you're only capable of discovering all those things while playing over and over again 3v3 games where each mistake may cost you a loss because there is no 10players team behind you that can cover your mistakes at any given time. Most of these things are simply invisible in publics due to it being overcrowded. Any good player would destroy Pub. Notice that the good players are reaching higher and higher levels of play. I'm not judging what is better and what should you do, just putting here a little bit of truth. Now don't get me wrong, at this stage of the game publics are super important for the continuity of the game so we're still doing everything to keep its activity, and the upcoming changes are still mainly targeted at new players, those that need it the most, but the main goal is that we want their learning experience to be better so that they, too, can become expert players one day! Learning to play a brand new game, and movements can be a daunting and hard task, but for most the of the players the aim of the game is to become better at it! Going back to the first beta version of this game, for most of the players, especially newcomers, publics are and have always been an initial station from where they could move on to become better players. It's also totally fine to mess around on public servers with no intention of ever becoming really good, but please don't say that pro games are not fun :) And if someone wants to be better at this game he should be the one to step up and come in to the higher level of play, not the other way around.

The group of Pubs won't know the first thing about all the depth I've been talking about. Their argument often claims that ignorantly chasing the opponent on a map with 20 players in just to rush and throwing tons of nades without any purpose just to throw it with little regard to actual strategy is more "fun." Or to be more charitable, their argument could be that the game becomes less fun if they use tactic X, or map X, or gun X, or X amount of players on the map, or whatever. That might be true temporarily until they figure out how to beat whatever it is, but ultimately the experts are having a more nuanced exchange, more opportunity for expression, for clever plays, for smart strategies, and so on.

Just to give you the example:
HYPE VIDEO
STREAM OF FINAL

The Pubs' games might be more "wet and wild" than games between the experts, which are usually more controlled and refined. But any close examination will reveal that experts are having a great deal of fun on a higher level than the Pubs can imagine. Throwing together some circus act of a win isn't nearly as satisfying as reading your opponent's mind to such a degree that you can counter their every move, even their every counter. Reading players minds like in poker. That's beautifull. And if the two groups meet, Pubs and experts, of course the experts will absolutely destroy the Pubs with any number of tactics they've either never seen, or never been truly forced to counter. This is because the Pubs have not been playing the same game. The experts were playing the actual game while the Pubs were playing their own homemade variant with restricting, unwritten rules. And so, therefore, it's so important to consider this question: What do I desire? Do i want to be The Pub or The expert. Which one is better? I don't know, it's up to you.

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2017, 08:19:06 pm »
that is gorgeous.

but dude here  is a fact
i setup the game for some friends to play (local) and i found (obviously) that they had lot more fun or where more "engaged" when there was a total mess with lot of player/bots...
think about it when u first started to play it looked like that... so i guess its designed to be this way.. naturally you would want to maximise the number of max players per server .. i guess it would be a lot more catchy to join a 30plus ppl game for newcomers (huge maps. tactical routes. fancyness.)

so yeah .. picture some huge "warz" with some more "eyecandy" effects (not a real revamp of graphics but more interesting vFX's/Sounds) and maybe soldat  could get a new breath ( everyone would be amazed if u rekt 20plus players on your way to base xD and would be insanely more difficult to do)
ofc the game would need some tweaks like more health.. and who knows what.. but it seems pointless to "aim" the game at the pro or competitive since they could keep Reading their minds on this versi?n forever and become gods...

as it is now the game could be stop being developed and could still be played for years as u said (evolvin metagame and the like)
but that is missing the point... like if suddenly soldat was on steam i bet my ugly teeth that they would ask for "huge servers" and cooler FX's instantly
they wouldnt give a thing about seriously ill zkillz at the beginin but no one else did when u launched the game for first time.. so its ok

- also every person that i show the game has problems firin the law xD that need a fix or a tip somewhere visible
- also it would be cool to play the game using a different "zoom" almost everyone new complains on soldiers being "invisible"

so thats my suggestion there (not new at all) but im pretty sure not so hardcore gamers would enjoy it more that way(maybe turnin them into hardcores later xD)

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2017, 04:41:46 am »
Petter, play with us (read: me) in OneShots a bit and I bet you'll be singing a different tune

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2017, 11:33:15 am »
Petter, play with us (read: me) in OneShots a bit and I bet you'll be singing a different tune
Bruh... It would make some sense if you asked me to do it, since I'm not a prevailing 1v1 player (although I do have a pretty good brt)
I'm pretty sure Petter has won most of the 1v1 tournaments, which afaik has a lot of barrettards.

-snip-
Sure, it's important to pay attention to publics when the game launches to steam, and to have some cool vfx and sfx, and maybe bit servers and maps.

However, pubbers play a couple of hours for a couple of days, a few times a year. Total time spent in the game a year could maybe be 10-20 hours...
"competitive players" play 1-8 hours a day, almost every day... So, at a minimum it's 300 hours a year, but could easily be up towards 1500 hours a year.

So which is more important, really?
Pubs are only there to hook players for the competitive scene. The real life of a game comes from the dedicated player base, which is the competitive scene.

The Pubs' games might be more "wet and wild" than games between the experts, which are usually more controlled and refined.
Even the competitive scene can be "wet and wild". There's always new things that radically changes the way the game is played. Like m79 boosting, flag throwing (including super throw, although being banned immediately), a brief dip into movement, and then a huge shift into movement.
It's really not like the game has been played roughly the same way, it's had huge huge shifts that totally changed the way the game played. During those shifts there's always been a duration where the innovative players has been "messing around" and making the games play out messy. So you can't really say experts is usually more controlled and refined, as new tactics and meta shifts are always messy and unrefined.

Though, I think the new WM has pretty much shut down everything, making some weapons completely useless. Combining that with meds and nade kits not spawning properly, you'll never see people defending, because it's just not possible to play that way.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:18:42 pm by ginn »

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2017, 03:39:01 am »
Bruh... It would make some sense if you asked me to do it, since I'm not a prevailing 1v1 player (although I do have a pretty good brt)
I'm pretty sure Petter has won most of the 1v1 tournaments, which afaik has a lot of barrettards.
Not really comparable/relevant, as those 1v1 tournaments include autos, as opposed to only one shot weapons