Soldat Talk > Weapon Balance Discussion

Barret rant

<< < (7/7)

soldat-game:
Do it FireInterval expressed shots per minute. How can I set a realistic rate of fire if all the data indicate a miniute..

machina:

--- Quote from: Hubiq on June 06, 2017, 03:37:49 am ---in head = -100% hp
the rest of the body = - 80/90% hp

--- End quote ---
I wouldn't be so greedy.

In most games, to take a one-shot-one-kill you have to hit the head. Yet, in Soldat, this isn't so simple. I guess legs should be like 50-60% but chest hit should be fatal still (at least on medium distances). Also, remember about reload time that is riddiculously low on Barret.

NiCeShOoT|GuY:

--- Quote from: ginn on June 07, 2017, 03:06:51 pm ---There isn't really a good way to balance the Barrett between competitive play and pub play. People are just gonna pick Barrett in pubs because it's an easy way to get a guaranteed kill, all you have to do is hit. In competitive play, where you have to move a lot, and you have a very limited amount of players, it's a huge risk with only moderate reward.
I think the most you could do is set a limit to how many people can wield barrett/m79 at a time, per team. While also making it so you can't pick it twice in a row, and if somebody in your team has picked up a m79/barrett other can't spawn with it.

In competitive I think a slight buff to fire interval is really all that can be done, it's always going to be a very niche weapon, and as long as it's not buffed to the point of being OP, it'll see very infrequent use.

--- End quote ---

Yup Yup, the whole thing about the most popular games like League of Legends and Dota 2 giveing everybody different roles, that's one main source of fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version