Soldat Talk > Weapon Balance Discussion

Barret rant

<< < (2/7) > >>

machina:

--- Quote from: darDar on December 18, 2016, 02:25:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: machina --- you have to take down opponent within its StartUpTime which is currently 0.316 s. This isn't enough to get yourself close enough for most weapons.

--- End quote ---
That's just wrong. There's also reload time to take into account, which is usually used by players with a brain to counter a barret player.

--- End quote ---
Wait, what? ReloadTime? I'd like to remember that Barrett has the lowest ReloadTime property among all primary weapons i.e. 1.16 s. Neither Deagles nor HK-MP5 can be reloaded faster. Pretty nice result for a weapon carring 10 one-shot-one-kill bullets. For comparison a USSOCOM ReloadTime takes 1 s which is the only bullet-shooting weapon that can be reloaded faster than Barrett.

So, seriously? How is this advantageous? You ever encountered a Barrett user that would run out of ammo while fighting someone? I didn't.

Hopefully, you didn't mean FireInterval by saying "reload time" as this would be most inaccurate understanding of terms for an official Soldat Weapon Mod designer.

--- Quote from: darDar on December 18, 2016, 02:25:46 pm ---
--- Quote ---it has been prevented from happening be decreasing Barrett's MovementAcc. So Barrett's user can jump, backflip and do whatever one desires to do while not affecting an aim at all.
--- End quote ---
That's wrong as well. Do you even play Soldat or are you just working on boosting your post count on the forums?

Also, Barret got bink. Means; your shots get inaccurate if you get hit. On a sidenote: wrong topic.

--- End quote ---
Bink is but an imitation of a solution. It just doesn't work.

I do actually play. These are publics those doesn't seem to be taken in account at all while designing the WM. Interestingly, all we yell for here on these forums are new players. But they won't come from gathers or leages but from public servers those seem to be ommited in calculations.

ginn:

--- Quote from: machina on December 18, 2016, 05:37:36 pm ---I do actually play. These are publics those doesn't seem to be taken in account at all while designing the WM. Interestingly, all we yell for here on these forums are new players. But they won't come from gathers or leages but from public servers those seem to be ommited in calculations.

--- End quote ---
This is retard overload.

Why would you design a weapons mod around public players?
May as well design CS cash rewards around getting a full AWP buy every round, even if you lose.

Akinaro:

--- Quote from: ginn on December 18, 2016, 05:41:15 pm ---
Why would you design a weapons mod around public players?

--- End quote ---

Because as I said in previous post, Soldat is not a private toy for old players who play once per weeks in gather. Open your eyes a bit wider and look at Soldat as product, damn game for people around the world, that NEED new player, that guess what? THEY PLAY PUBLIC IN THE FIRST PLACE, for fun, for god damn few minutes of cool brutal shooting, not for numbers, ratio or perfect shoot all the time. They dont give a F about taking in to the account reaload time to "counter a barret player"

Soldat NEED new players in PUBLIC SERVERS, and that should be priority, not patting on the head older ones. Without new players from public server, in next year you would play again and again with the same 20-30 people ALL THE TIME, because I seriously didnt saw new faces in Soldat for past months, and if, its like install-play-forget.

You design WM to be balanced between new players and old. It had to give various chooses from weapon list, Barret right now, beside m79 and styer is only weapon used in public because its overpowered and easy to use. Too easy. Even in not oneshoot servers most of players run with barret, because even weaker player can jump with it and get head shoot without even trying.

ginn:
The current WM is not designed for "competitive" play, it's much more balanced around publics.
What do you want the WM be like? Every weapon one hit? Or scale their damage up so it becomes realistic mode? And that way m79 won't be OP in publics?

--- Quote from: Akinaro on December 19, 2016, 04:31:04 am ---Because as I said in previous post, Soldat is not a private toy for old players who play once per weeks in gather.
NEED new player, that guess what? THEY PLAY PUBLIC IN THE FIRST PLACE, for fun, for god damn few minutes of cool brutal shooting, not for numbers, ratio or perfect shoot all the time.

--- End quote ---
Who do you think is more valuable.
The gather player that plays a couple of gathers every other day... Or the public player that plays the game for 30 minutes and then never touches the game again?
For the people who are going to stay, they'll pretty quickly learn that m79 is shit, and that autos dominates in soldat.

--- Quote from: Akinaro on December 19, 2016, 04:31:04 am ---Soldat NEED new players in PUBLIC SERVERS, and that should be priority, not patting on the head older ones. Without new players from public server, in next year you would play again and again with the same 20-30 people ALL THE TIME, because I seriously didnt saw new faces in Soldat for past months, and if, its like install-play-forget.
--- End quote ---
That's already happened, and been so for a couple of years or longer.
[/quote]
Soldat won't suddenly get new players just because you botch a WM.
Look at the current version. The most botched WM in soldats history, and the publics are still empty, and pubbers still play m79 and brt.

--- Quote from: Akinaro on December 19, 2016, 04:31:04 am ---You design WM to be balanced between new players and old. It had to give various chooses from weapon list, Barret right now, beside m79 and styer is only weapon used in public because its overpowered and easy to use. Too easy. Even in not oneshoot servers most of players run with barret, because even weaker player can jump with it and get head shoot without even trying.

--- End quote ---
WM doesn't matter at all to a newbie, and the newbies view on which weapons are good will change throught their play.. So how do you balance all those weapons that they're balanced between every player level group?
You don't, you balance it for the competitive scene, since they're pretty much the only ones who will notice if a weapon is UP or OP.

machina:

--- Quote from: ginn on December 19, 2016, 06:48:21 am ---The current WM is not designed for "competitive" play, it's much more balanced around publics.
What do you want the WM be like? Every weapon one hit? Or scale their damage up so it becomes realistic mode? And that way m79 won't be OP in publics?

--- End quote ---
I played few FPS games. In most of them a sniper rifle's bullet has to hit a head to kill or a good spot on torso. Only Soldat's Barrett is so stupidly designed it can kill an opponent by hitting one's foot.

The way I see it, is we have AK back again. Barrett doesn't kill with one foot shot and has MovementAcc that actually affects player's aim. That would be a good start at least.

Actually, on realistic publics (already closed Leo's CTF) there was a huge diversity of weapons picked by players. M79 was as good option as other weapons - not op at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version