Author Topic: Barret rant  (Read 13723 times)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Re: Barret rant
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »
it's not about being op, it's about what's fun to play
The more kills one can make with least effort, the more fun.
That's why I said that this is a Barrett, the classic sniper rifle. No pro can kill another pro that easily using Barrett (AUG x Barret duel on 3x3 CTF). The problem is that the newbies or average players don't know how to use the automatic guns and push properly.
For me, the Barrett with this weird delay is not a Barrett. If you want nerf even more, rename it. Would be cool and more apropriate.
A Barrett between the other weapons simply don't fits the newbish game style. This is a fact.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 09:54:30 am »
Just fix that f****** bug when proning in the air.

IMHO legs shot should not be lethal also other weapons should be able to zoom in a lil bit... Cause there's no chance with barret on open space.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:13:14 am by Savage »

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 12:54:05 pm »
IMHO legs shot should not be lethal also other weapons should be able to zoom in a lil bit... Cause there's no chance with barret on open space.

Code: [Select]
1.7.0 -> 1.7.1 weapon mod changes:
- Barret 15% less headshot damage and 10% more leg damage
It was defenitely a sick idea to make it this way in 1.7.1 IMO too. Barret's motto was changed from "hit precisely" to "hit anywhere".

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 03:47:59 pm »
it's not about being op, it's about what's fun to play
The more kills one can make with least effort

doesn't mean it's op, it means it's easy

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 12:01:33 pm »
Barrett is the worst main weapon in the game, it sees barely any play in competitive play.
The reason as to why M79 and Barrett are leading in kills is because everyone plays them, because they want the 1 hit 1 kill, and want to be "epic snipers".

Just fix that f****** bug when proning in the air.

Then you may as well remove the weapon, as it'll not see any competitive play, it'll be completely useless.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »
Barrett is the worst main weapon in the game, it sees barely any play in competitive play.
The reason as to why M79 and Barrett are leading in kills is because everyone plays them, because they want the 1 hit 1 kill, and want to be "epic snipers".
SAME before the Barrett delay :) I remember the golden age.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 04:47:14 pm »
"Barret is balanced"

"AK wasn't nerfed/ruined at all"

Source: http://stats.soldat.space/ctf/weapons

It worries me that the top 3 weapons, are not even automatics.
m79 makes a bit of sense since movement has become a big part of soldat over the past 3/2 years.
however ruger and barret above anything else is just not the way I personally like it. (kind of proves that people prefer easy killing rather then good effort) then again we're looking at a publics report, and I have no idea how to calculate this out of all statistics. (not even sure if it's entirely the cause of the last weapon mod changes we had)

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 08:33:35 pm »
It would be good to experiment with making Barret not 1-hit-kill to the legs, but make it reloaded right upon spawning. This might make it slightly less anti-fun to play against in pubs and also give it a competitive niche in stopping the EFC if you're spawning at an opportunate time and place. Other worthwhile changes to test might be lowering the firing delay and properly implementing a reliable, exponential bink system so that it is not played only as a camper weapon in pubs but auto-using enemies still have a chance 1v1.

Barret is very strong in pubs, but it's not only its strength that makes it popular. It's simply a fun and punchy weapon to play. This could be alleviated by simply giving the other guns more satisfying effects and audio without reducing the fun factor of the Barret.
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 03:37:49 am »
It would be good to experiment with making Barret not 1-hit-kill to the legs, but make it reloaded right upon spawning. This might make it slightly less anti-fun to play against in pubs and also give it a competitive niche in stopping the EFC if you're spawning at an opportunate time and place. Other worthwhile changes to test might be lowering the firing delay and properly implementing a reliable, exponential bink system so that it is not played only as a camper weapon in pubs but auto-using enemies still have a chance 1v1.

Barret is very strong in pubs, but it's not only its strength that makes it popular. It's simply a fun and punchy weapon to play. This could be alleviated by simply giving the other guns more satisfying effects and audio without reducing the fun factor of the Barret.

+++

This weapon is definitely too strong and many people talked about it.

in head = -100% hp
the rest of the body = - 80/90% hp

And i am very happy  :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:44:38 am by Hubiq »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2017, 03:06:51 pm »

There isn't really a good way to balance the Barrett between competitive play and pub play. People are just gonna pick Barrett in pubs because it's an easy way to get a guaranteed kill, all you have to do is hit. In competitive play, where you have to move a lot, and you have a very limited amount of players, it's a huge risk with only moderate reward.
I think the most you could do is set a limit to how many people can wield barrett/m79 at a time, per team. While also making it so you can't pick it twice in a row, and if somebody in your team has picked up a m79/barrett other can't spawn with it.

In competitive I think a slight buff to fire interval is really all that can be done, it's always going to be a very niche weapon, and as long as it's not buffed to the point of being OP, it'll see very infrequent use.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 02:25:43 am »
Do it FireInterval expressed shots per minute. How can I set a realistic rate of fire if all the data indicate a miniute..

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 12:25:07 pm »
in head = -100% hp
the rest of the body = - 80/90% hp
I wouldn't be so greedy.

In most games, to take a one-shot-one-kill you have to hit the head. Yet, in Soldat, this isn't so simple. I guess legs should be like 50-60% but chest hit should be fatal still (at least on medium distances). Also, remember about reload time that is riddiculously low on Barret.

Offline NiCeShOoT|GuY

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 12:33:13 am »
There isn't really a good way to balance the Barrett between competitive play and pub play. People are just gonna pick Barrett in pubs because it's an easy way to get a guaranteed kill, all you have to do is hit. In competitive play, where you have to move a lot, and you have a very limited amount of players, it's a huge risk with only moderate reward.
I think the most you could do is set a limit to how many people can wield barrett/m79 at a time, per team. While also making it so you can't pick it twice in a row, and if somebody in your team has picked up a m79/barrett other can't spawn with it.

In competitive I think a slight buff to fire interval is really all that can be done, it's always going to be a very niche weapon, and as long as it's not buffed to the point of being OP, it'll see very infrequent use.

Yup Yup, the whole thing about the most popular games like League of Legends and Dota 2 giveing everybody different roles, that's one main source of fun.