Author Topic: Barret rant  (Read 861 times)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Re: Barret rant
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »
it's not about being op, it's about what's fun to play
The more kills one can make with least effort, the more fun.
That's why I said that this is a Barrett, the classic sniper rifle. No pro can kill another pro that easily using Barrett (AUG x Barret duel on 3x3 CTF). The problem is that the newbies or average players don't know how to use the automatic guns and push properly.
For me, the Barrett with this weird delay is not a Barrett. If you want nerf even more, rename it. Would be cool and more apropriate.
A Barrett between the other weapons simply don't fits the newbish game style. This is a fact.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards & infos

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 09:54:30 am »
Just fix that f****** bug when proning in the air.

IMHO legs shot should not be lethal also other weapons should be able to zoom in a lil bit... Cause there's no chance with barret on open space.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:13:14 am by Savage »

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 12:54:05 pm »
IMHO legs shot should not be lethal also other weapons should be able to zoom in a lil bit... Cause there's no chance with barret on open space.

Code: [Select]
1.7.0 -> 1.7.1 weapon mod changes:
- Barret 15% less headshot damage and 10% more leg damage
It was defenitely a sick idea to make it this way in 1.7.1 IMO too. Barret's motto was changed from "hit precisely" to "hit anywhere".

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 03:47:59 pm »
it's not about being op, it's about what's fun to play
The more kills one can make with least effort

doesn't mean it's op, it means it's easy

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 12:01:33 pm »
Barrett is the worst main weapon in the game, it sees barely any play in competitive play.
The reason as to why M79 and Barrett are leading in kills is because everyone plays them, because they want the 1 hit 1 kill, and want to be "epic snipers".

Just fix that f****** bug when proning in the air.

Then you may as well remove the weapon, as it'll not see any competitive play, it'll be completely useless.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »
Barrett is the worst main weapon in the game, it sees barely any play in competitive play.
The reason as to why M79 and Barrett are leading in kills is because everyone plays them, because they want the 1 hit 1 kill, and want to be "epic snipers".
SAME before the Barrett delay :) I remember the golden age.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards & infos