Author Topic: Certain keys sometimes stop working  (Read 9870 times)

Offline Break

• Major(1)
Re: Certain keys sometimes stop working
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 07:55:35 am »
All my F-buttons stop working after a few days of playing, I never minimize game. Deleting and reinstalling every week gets a bit tiresome after a while

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 08:00:19 am »
All my F-buttons stop working after a few days of playing, I never minimize game. Deleting and reinstalling every week gets a bit tiresome after a while
I've never heard of that.

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 11:50:51 am »
What's an F-button? Do you mean that your F-key stops working suddenly? Does re-assigning the action work, or assigning it to another key?

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 01:03:56 pm »
All my F-buttons

F1, F2, F3, F4, F5... etc :]

Offline 15th_account

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Soldier
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 01:24:50 pm »
Re-installing Soldat then seems a bit overboard. We don't handle the function keys in any special way. Something on the computer must be preventing the key events from reaching Soldat. OEM-bundled crapware often include media key tools, drivers and whatnot. Us developers don't tend to get quirky issues like these, probably because we know how to treat our computers like the goddesses they are.

Offline elMorvano

• Major(1)
  • Center Of Soldat
    • Center Of Soldat
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 08:31:18 am »
I've got this sometimes. It's very rarely but only when I am minimalizing game and return to the window. I do it many times.

One thing others in this thread haven't mentioned yet is that it generally helps to clean your keyboard or buy a new one when you spill stuff in it or let it get too dirty. Can cause keys to not be pressed properly or multiple keys to press at the same time. I know the "try a new keyboard or mouse" suggestion is cliche as balls around competent tech people but it isn't always a bad idea.

What are you talking about... I'm not saying that my keyboard is blocking keys but Soldat does it. This is bug from always and still not fixed anyway restart Soldat is enough, just client is bugged for unkown reasons.
www.facebook.com/coSoldat

Center Of Soldat

Offline P

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 09:51:25 am »
bump for interest

is anyone else still having this issue?

seems to be about minimalizing soldat and i can't even get back to the soldat window 20% of the time

- vista
- fullscreen