Author Topic: Devlog update (2017-06-09) Goodbye  (Read 19181 times)

Offline Puure

• Major
Re: Devlog update (2017-06-09) Goodbye
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 05:55:59 pm »

I got a 2GB folder of soldat graphics back at home on my computer (currently traveling).

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 05:58:46 pm »
I'm sure Akinaro is way more talented than 2GB, underestimated.

Offline daaw

• Major
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 05:59:31 pm »
helloer sound completely reasonable to me, as far form my insight into devtem.. there are/was real inner problems, it's a sinking ship and it's very sensible to leave it.

Offline Puure

• Major
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 06:08:27 pm »
Akinaro doesnt care anymore to do anything for this game and he's right. Imo he should be in dev map team, he is talendet and I agree with him on many issues.

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 09:38:33 pm »
where the popcorns at

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 10:24:11 pm »
For a few good reasons... THD doesn't give shit about soldat, how you can explain waiting 6 months to setup CI for soldat and then just get reply "we won't do it"? What % of steam income will go to devteam? 0%? :D

It isn't that simple. You never told us clearly what your requirements were. We also told you that if you gave us the build commands we would have set up Soldat jobs on our existing linux/windows/mac CI we use for KAG, without needing to roll you a separate solution. And that offer still stands but you never followed up.

And during the time you asked, we were in the middle of migrating the entire THD stack to new servers, dealing with DDOS issues, refactoring the KAG API to fix random problems, and all that was taking up the majority of our time, which is why your [incomplete] asks fell through the cracks.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:28:24 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline Foln

• Major(1)
  • ARRRRRR!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 12:48:15 am »
Ugh bad news. So version 1.8 will be the last version of this game?
More like 1.7.1 xD

Okay, I won't do jokes anymore. I'll try not to. 1.8 has just been postponed to undefined future.

Actually, I don't think so.
This looks like this is it for once and for all.

From what I understand none of the other developers but Helloer does care about Soldat anymore in any way. And even worse, they aren't even responding to messages anymore. So helloer is the only one left.
And Helloer obviously has no rights to just make the Soldat code open source. So yea... It will just die at this point.

My guess: This Forum will become more and more inactive and in 5 years or something around that timeframe it (as well as all of soldat.pl) will go down. Exactly the same happened to Selfkill.com back in the days and will probably happen to the SCTFL site next. After that soldat.pl and the master servers are the next. And then the game will be finally dead and there will be no way to revive it because of the greediness of MM not wanting to risk losing the potential 1-2 yearly registrations Soldat might get at this point and thus not making it open source.

10 years ago MM appeared like a great, down to earth guy who loved Soldat like nothing else, but reading about all the stuff that happened since then makes it really look like the opposite is the case.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:49:57 am by Foln »

Offline CrasheR

• Major(1)
  • I'm The Law!
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 05:50:06 am »
It must not be the end, you devs worked hard to die on beach?
Are you Crazy guys?
Really? It have a solution, but it will need new ways to do this happen.
I suggest Crowfunding, or Open-Source, MM don't care anymore about our game,
It's more ours than his game,
I guess He does not even remember the game anymore and If we do a crowdfunding
 he will not even know.

If it bleeds we can kill it

[fist][ban]

I will not sit back and watch my SOLDAT be destroyed.

If those options it's not "possible"
I suggest to increase the Dev's team, something around: No-Limits for Dev's maybe it's the solution
Since we can not Open-Source we do a Closed-Open-Source. LOL It's not Ilegal
I'm diposed to join in Dev's team, I'm Animator/Modeler/Designer.
I can make beaultifull and working maps i'm Sure.
here we have veterans players who knows what Soldat need.

Please hear-me.
thx
RETURN THE FLAG!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:05:11 pm by CrasheR »
I'm The Law!

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 07:03:58 am »
So, I'm just posting out of respect for Helloer and all the Soldat developers who put their extra free time in the game we all love.
Thank you, Helloer, for all your hard work.

To address some of the mentioned issues. I'm not directly involved in any way with Soldat's development, but to my understanding Soldat was supposed to be released for free on the Steam platform, when it was ready to be released there. Some optional DLC just to support game devs might have been added, nothing was really certain.

I don't know if I want to actually write anything more here because I don't like the drama in this thread. In general, there are no wars between devs, they're just inactive. I'm not going to accuse anyone here, because I don't feel it's anyone's fault in particular. And I urge you to do the same.

EDIT: Apparently thread got deleted by helloer, no idea why. Restored it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:23:02 am by Furai »
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Ussocom

• Major(1)
  • Dat Usso
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 10:06:54 am »
Y'all need to get your fucking shit together, it's sad seeing a game with such potential getting thrown away from shitty fucking devs.  How do you not see the potential of this game on steam? MM put fucking KAG on steam and that game was a piece of shit.  Everyone knows this is and will be MM's best game and only chance to make any decent money lol, lets face it his other game suck major cock.  Someone with half a brain should fucking buy this game and would easily make cash while THD and u other useless devs are sitting around crossing swords over stupid fucking shit.   Wake the fuck up

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 10:16:15 am »
I think helloer might have been a little hot-headed and took on too much work which in return quickly fizzled out his enthusiasm. Please take into consideration I know absolutely nothin when it comes to coding. I might know helloer a bit better than all of you and I have to see he's always been a pretty straight shooter when it comes to job being well done.

Like someone else mentioned soldat has been in limbo for the past few years and that doesn't really suit the fast paced work helloer has put it. If other devs were really non-existant it became overwhemlingly annoying to him imo.

Anyway thanks a lot for your input - hope someone with such an amazing drive to do actually push soldat forward will take his place.

Im chill like that

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 11:31:05 am »
@helloer
about steam n' other major steps...

Somehow I knew the other people involved (all these years) were doing bad practices for their own stupid reasons.
Thank you for the explanation.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Blastoize2

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 01:17:15 pm »
More than 10 people actively replying on this topic regardings Soldat future state.
Yes, it's a downer to see soldat go bye bye. What can we do to help it?
I like CrasheR's post because of he's mind state and positiveness towards Soldat game. All who wish to continue playing Soldat and making it happen should keep similar mind state to CrasheR's post. Soldat isn't dead you are.
First, let's identify the problem then let's try to have some simple solutions to that problem.
The developers have communication problems and they are not working, they let all things fall to helloer. What can we do about that? Let's try to contact them and see all work that helloer has done, and remind them that if they have CrasheR's attitude that they should work on the game, if not please resign so we can continue towards solutions. We have our small community we can all join forces and try to make things happen.

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 01:45:07 pm »
gaem comeing sooon
It can come even now, today, and Soldat it will be in the same spot as it is now because no one spend time to advertise it... because, wait for it... Advertising is HALF OF F### WORK, without it all you have is product that is know by you and few of your friends...

I got a 2GB folder of soldat graphics back at home on my computer (currently traveling).
Just like you, right? Big projects and lots of finished code on your computer. Oh yeah, totally.
Wait you want to tell us that all your work for Soldat, that should be prepared for 4k weight only 2GB? -_-
damn.... one of my project folder with only ONE logo for crappy android app weight 1GB.... nice....

Akinaro doesnt care anymore to do anything for this game and he's right. Imo he should be in dev map team, he is talendet and I agree with him on many issues.
True I dont care, and also I never though and wanted to be part of  Soldat devs in any way. Because of this mess they have, and what helloer mentioned. If people responsible for game have no F## clue what they do and how prepare game to sell/advertise... why I, or anyone else would need to care and spend time on work that would not be used because there is not even official plan/schedule...

Some people here can mention for another 15 years that soldat code is mess and its not ready for any big release... Its called bullshit. I cant call it using any other word, because on market there are thousands of games that work or look like crap covered with vomit, dont have any proper gameplay crash all the time and lack any functions beside micro-transactions and crap API that steam need you to have.... and guess what? They have proper advertising, players that play it all the time and no problem with such simple problems like guessing who the F is responsible for what, and who actually work/own game.

I'm not gonna air the laundry on public forums, but please stop portraying yourself as a victim of ebil dev team, it's getting irritating. Thanks.

Sorry but if devs cant clean their "laundry" in private, and for past years they kept players in deep hole of pants not saying anything. Someone need to discuss what is going on.

Because look at what we have here: For past months we all thought that devs work on soldat to make it "great again" to advertise it as reborn master of 2D action game... but it turn out that its all lie, no one give a crap, there is chaos in relations between all sites, and no one have basic idea what to if even they release game!
You seriously thought that after you finish 1.8 you post fancy big post here on forum, put it even on Steam! and Soldat will magically stand up and be noted by rest of the world? and in few weeks you thought that you see new players on servers? Seriously?

And you know best part? Soldat is in deep shi#t, there is chaos in dev team, Biggest servers, zabijaka are gone, there is barely 50 players, for past few days( I checked random servers and I didnt saw any new face).
And your bellowed owner MM dont give a fuck like didnt give for past years... So what that he is not working on game? He dont care to even comment what is going on with his own game that he dont want to let go, he is so proud of being creator of Soldat, he is actually known only because of it, and he dont even care to clean this mess.

If that would be my project, even after giving dev to others I would still keep an eye on it, and if I would see such chaos like we have here, I would just kick out everyone, because there is just no point of keeping people in this project that doesnt do what they promised.
Yeah, its free job, but when you took it you should know how much time you can spend on it, what you can do, and if you cant do it... say it loud and stop pretending that you do something. Simple as that...
MM probably know lots of people who would work with Soldat, I even know such people! there is always replacement if you look for it. or you can just INVEST in project, spend or gather by donation money, pay for professional dev team... and in less than few months I promise you that you will get shit done. + give some small cash(even damn 15-20$ per month) for advertising, put one person for PR and you have proper game...

Helloer just confirmed what I was saying for all that time, and if member of devs discuss it here, point those problems out, and instead of focusing on problem you cry that he put it in public forum... I have nothing to do here, I was that weirdo who say bad thing about Soldat devs, but now even devs say the same thing so i lost my job here xD
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:47:03 pm by Akinaro »

Offline Foln

• Major(1)
  • ARRRRRR!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 06:47:58 pm »
There is nothing else to say at this point other than: It needs a Steam release or its dead in 2-3 years.

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 07:12:06 pm »
For the love of all polybugs, barretards and polish kurwas: Please get your shit together, watch these videos from 2004/2005, become all nostalgia and think of a solution to transport this sort of fun to 2017. I can't believe there is no market for this.

If you really halt development pleeeees at least remain status-quo (lobby, servers, etc.) to be able to enjoy the current version. I need my (bi)monthly fix of Soldat. :-X

EDIT: Ok. Zabijaka's servers gone. All is lost.......
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:15:09 pm by Illuminatus »
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline Foln

• Major(1)
  • ARRRRRR!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 08:23:09 pm »
For the love of all polybugs, barretards and polish kurwas: Please get your shit together, watch these videos from 2004/2005, become all nostalgia and think of a solution to transport this sort of fun to 2017. I can't believe there is no market for this.

Holy shit that Project x movie took me back in time. It made its rounds literally through all parts of the international Soldat community back in the days. The video is still really impressive.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 08:37:37 pm »
EDIT: Apparently thread got deleted by helloer, no idea why. Restored it.
Thanks for that.

EDIT: Ok. Zabijaka's servers gone. All is lost.......
Not accordingly to this:
edit: Already found a host - will probably set 2 servers in the next few days. So stay tuned!

*let your cat lie on your keyboard to produce a lot of text (fancy snip)*
Mostly agree. Can't add much but...

...you can just INVEST in project, spend or gather by donation money, pay for professional dev team... and in less than few months I promise you that you will get shit done. + give some small cash(even damn 15-20$ per month) for advertising, put one person for PR and you have proper game...
I doubt yet MM (if you meant him) is going to spend a single penny for Soldat.

As for crowdfunding this also can come hard because we have a small society and we would have to hope for some random people to fund Soldat as well. Still, it's worth a try. If it suddenly works and there's money for paid development then we're good. If don't, well, nothing changed. We lost nearly nothing. Of course, preparing the crowdfunding request requires time (cool gfx, a video presenting the game, etc.).

Also, I dunno how many games were ever crowdfunded those were actually already existing for over a decade but now required a remake and improvements. People usually fund something because they want to have something completely new, something that they cannot get at the very moment because it is a concept - not a game you can download anytime for free.

It's been 5 days since this topic was posted and I would love to hear from other dev members or at least from the lead dev i.e. Falcon. I think there was enough of time to produce some statement. I don't join any teams in this "fight" but Falcon being quiet and not relating to this situation at all doesn't work for me.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 12:55:32 am »
Lemme create a fast scheme for premium/pro accounts.

SCTFL 28 (2016) had 280 players + 200 players from other communities/casual/random.

480 paying 8$/mo = 3.840$
480 paying 40$/6mo = 19.200$ (3.200$/mo)
480 paying 70$/year = 33.600$ (2.800$/mo)

You can double the numbers using 2008/2010 numbers.
Premium/pro accounts adds an exclusive icon on scoreboard and all the customizations (yes, non-pro wouldn't be able to change a lot of things).
Done.

Better than ZERO for an amateur project.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:41:50 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Foln

• Major(1)
  • ARRRRRR!!!
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 01:12:22 am »
Lemme create a fast scheme for premium/pro accounts.

SCTFL 28 (2016) had 280 players + 200 players from other communities/casual/random.

480 paying 8$/mo = 3.840$
480 paying 40$/6mo = 19.200$ (3.200$/mo)
480 paying 70$/year = 33.600$ (2.800$/mo)

You can double the numbers if using 2008/2010 numbers.
Premium/pro accounts adds an exclusive icon on scoreboard and all the customizations (yes, non-pro wouldn't be able to change a lot of things).
Done.

Better than ZERO for an amateur project.
Lol do you really believe people would pay monthly to play Soldat? I'm pretty sure not a single person would do that.