Author Topic: Devlog update (2017-06-09) Goodbye  (Read 19178 times)

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
Re: Devlog update (2017-06-09) Goodbye
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2017, 12:28:10 am »
850 servers in lobby. WTF?  ;D

Offline NiCeShOoT|GuY

• Major(1)
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2017, 05:42:27 am »
Maybe after 8 years will MM make this game open-source.
Or maybe, helloer can team up with passionate dev to create a new game like soldat.
Put it on steam, override MM like Ray Kroc with McDonalds.
Just be sure to give MM royalty fees like 0.5%.

Don't waste ur passion on 2d shooting game! Soldat is just one of the 2d shooting games with proper physics.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:05:11 am by NiCeShOoT|GuY »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2017, 12:48:22 pm »
Just be sure to give MM royalty fees like 0.5%.
If they make a new game, they really wouldn't need to pay any royalty fees. I doubt MM has filed for copyright on 2d shooters.

Offline NiCeShOoT|GuY

• Major(1)
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2017, 12:35:33 am »
I feel like there are a lot of waste on dev's talents, after all working with a dying dev team unorganised.
But ur passion should not end there, ur loyalty is with 2d shooter game, not just Soldat.
Below is a rough idea to continue the passion.

Stages:
1.Making a new scheme for a new 2d shooter, even if it is just a dream.
2.Team up with passionate people who loved Soldat type game. Layout a plan for new game, even if it's just a simple concept. Work with what is lacking in Soldat in modern day, meanwhile consist prominent traits of the Good old Soldat. So the new game would be an upgrade of old Soldat. Got to give up something old and bad though.
3.Get some passionate people who knows: Graphic design (min 2), physics engine programming (min 2), OpenGL (min 2), network programming (min 2). Don't restrict the size of dev team as long as they are IN.
4.Revise the game plan with them over and over. Start programming the core with the help of these people. Be sure to make the game simple at first so everyone in the team will be knew what to expect and motivated when expectation came true. Make sure everyone in the team love the game, if any extensive dev would need be done in the future.

If they make a new game, they really wouldn't need to pay any royalty fees. I doubt MM has filed for copyright on 2d shooters.

Yup right, even if MM doesn't have copyright I'll respect his creation.
Except a new game will still be 2d shooter with proper physics.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:04:14 am by NiCeShOoT|GuY »

Offline jony001

• Major(1)
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2017, 07:09:20 am »
I'm sorry to hear you're leaving.

I can't say I'm a veteran player, nor so vocal on this forum (I've actually created an account after seeing this post) but I can say I've had a lot of fun with this game, so thank you for that!

Because I'm a game developer myself, I appreciate your contribution even more. It's not easy to please everyone, especially when you become a one-man-team.

Hopefully, something good will follow!
Come, sit, and fucking conquer.

Offline jony001

• Major(1)
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2017, 01:19:31 pm »
And for:

I feel like there are a lot of waste on dev's talents, after all working with a dying dev team unorganised.
But ur passion should not end there, ur loyalty is with 2d shooter game, not just Soldat.
Below is a rough idea to continue the passion.

Stages:
1.Making a new scheme for a new 2d shooter, even if it is just a dream.
2.Team up with passionate people who loved Soldat type game. Layout a plan for new game, even if it's just a simple concept. [..]

This shouldn't be a dream, of course. Actually is quite possible to have it.

I'm just wondering if the current users are playing this game just because it awakes some old memories and not exclusively because of the gameplay.

If it's just about the good old days, any effort invested in a new 2D shooter like Soldat it's useless.

Come, sit, and fucking conquer.

Offline %%%%%%%

• Soldier
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2017, 07:42:49 pm »
I'm just wondering if the current users are playing this game just because it awakes some old memories and not exclusively because of the gameplay.

If it's just about the good old days, any effort invested in a new 2D shooter like Soldat it's useless.
Speaking for myself, it's because of the gameplay

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2017, 08:26:42 am »
Why not both?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."