Author Topic: Best performance and minimum "hits" from linux server machine  (Read 3863 times)

Offline hakeryk2

• Major(1)
Hello community!

Just to say hello and share some history. I was playing Soldat in 2006 to 2009 and after that I had some real brake but right now I found out that I have VPS server that I don't use and it is paid until next year. So I was thinking - what should I do with this Debian server and then I remind myself about Soldat. So, after reading few tutorials about I started my very first Soldat server but I want to get 100% from this but I don't have enough knowledge to achieve this.

-------------------------------
SO HERE IS THE QUESTION
--------------------------------
How should I edit the soldat.ini (especially network section) to get maximum performance and stability from this machine:

2x 2.4 Ghz Xeon
4 GB Ram
20 Gb SSD
100 mbps bandwith
Debian 7

---------------------------

My main question are about those parameteres mentioned above because I couldn't find any readme about efficiency of those. If You have suggestion to my settings, please comment to what value should I change them if You think that I should. The values are those that I have right now.

Soldat.ini file

Guns_Collide=1
Kits_Collide=0

Connection=Internet
Internet_Connection=3
Compression=1
MaxConnections=50
Flooding_Packets_LAN=80
Flooding_Packets_Internet=42
T1_Snapshot=35
T1_MajorSnapshot=19
T1_DeadSnapshot=50
T1_Heartbeat=135
T1_Delta=4
T1_Ping=21
T1_ThingSnapshot=31

-----------------------------------------
Oh and I forgot!
My server address is 192.166.219.182:23073 :) Come & join :D

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Best performance and minimum "hits" from linux server machine
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 10:12:54 pm »
Those specs are pretty overkill for a single server. You can probably run a bunch and that would utilize those specs more.
There are other worlds than these

Offline hakeryk2

• Major(1)
Re: Best performance and minimum "hits" from linux server machine
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 08:18:56 pm »
Well, I know that this spec is high end for soldat server but clue of my question was about soldat.ini config and performance of set values.

Right now this is what I observed:

I had Internet_Connection=3 which is T1 but I've noticed that this setting isn't that good and I had more "hits" when I used "2" value.
I set Compression from 1 to 2 and I have a little bit less "hits" then before.

My question is about how to get pure Soldat gameplay with the best network performance :)

I think that people from Zabijaka PL servers are those who can share some tips :)

In this server I also have Q3 server and UT :)