Author Topic: Blurry picture  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Poweror

• Major(1)
Blurry picture
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:06:14 pm »
I recently bought new bitchass PC and a widescreen monitor and i seem to have problem with Soldat now.
I can't even play anymore cause picture gets too damn blurry while moving, even my eyes hurt.
I've read someone about Depth of Field ,which can cause that sometimes, but i can't find anything like that in soldat config so i don't know how to fix it and pls help.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
Re: Blurry picture
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 09:08:50 am »
hiya

Can you provide some more information about your pc specs and your current Soldat settings? Does your FPS drop when it gets blurry?

But off the top of my head I would try changing some settings in Soldat config like the texture filters and test some different resolutions to see if anything changes. Could you try taking a screenshot in game (F4) and see if the screenshot is blurry?

Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Poweror

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 11:57:10 am »
I really can't tell what it could be, it can't be fps, as i said i bought new PC and it has i7-7700 and Nvidia gtx 1070 ,16 GB ram and so on. I also installed windows 10 which i didn't have before,and got widescreen, so I use 1920x1080 resolution.I copyed all other config as it was before, on old PC.
When i take screenshoots it looks normal,same as when i'm standing still, but when i'm moving it just gets blurry and weird, like you're getting dizzy.
Maybe that's normal and i just didn't noticed it on smaller screen before?

Blastoize2

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 08:58:00 am »
Maybe some tweak or option in GPU software?

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 07:15:53 pm »
Maybe that's normal and i just didn't noticed it on smaller screen before?
Nah, that cannot be the case.

Tried to play with FPS limit?

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 02:58:37 am »
1 - depth of field is in 3d games, so no wonder that you didn't find it in Soldat.
2 - probably it isn't caused by fps limit or software
3 - most likely it is something, which needs tweaking in you screen settings. I don't know, which operational system you have, but I'm guessing that these settings you can find by clicking RMB on desktop -> Screen Settings, and in the window you have to find Screen Attributes or something. In the final result you should find an option menu placed in section "Monitor settings" (or something, I don't use english Windows), it's called something like "Screen refreshing frequency".
Try different frequencies and look if there's any improvement.
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+