Poll

What would you like to see in 1.7.2? (You have 10 votes)

add auto mouse capture after alt+tab
7 (1.8%)
add assist for kills and caps
10 (2.6%)
add show image at posx/y with scripting
4 (1%)
add sound pack download
2 (0.5%)
add grenade throwing during reload
5 (1.3%)
implement downloading custom weapon gfx
3 (0.8%)
fix issues needed to be resolved for steam
13 (3.4%)
fix menu scale issues in old gui
7 (1.8%)
fix playersound
0 (0%)
do general bugfixing
10 (2.6%)
make fists on teammates conditional on FF only
4 (1%)
add more player skin options
7 (1.8%)
add multitypes for polygons
4 (1%)
add new mod format
6 (1.6%)
implement open chat links in browser on click
5 (1.3%)
add paralax background
5 (1.3%)
add ranked / integrated gather system
11 (2.9%)
allow throwing nades while prone
2 (0.5%)
remove useless gamemodes (pm, htf, tdm)
6 (1.6%)
roll back to pixel graphics
4 (1%)
update sound
3 (0.8%)
add banner in gui for discord channel
10 (2.6%)
add banner in gui for sctfl
9 (2.4%)
add chat cursor (aka chatmod)
5 (1.3%)
add dragonflies
7 (1.8%)
fix polybugs
10 (2.6%)
port soldat to linux
11 (2.9%)
improve polyworks
6 (1.6%)
fix first join game click on server doesn't work
3 (0.8%)
remake maps with new sceneries/textures
9 (2.4%)
remove aim syrup/smoothing
7 (1.8%)
remove ugly/useless maps
6 (1.6%)
bring powerthrow back
5 (1.3%)
add single player campaign for newcomers
5 (1.3%)
add new graphics
4 (1%)
implement lights/shadows
5 (1.3%)
implement detailed models
1 (0.3%)
fix team change color bug
7 (1.8%)
fix netcode
24 (6.3%)
fix netcode - fix team change color bug
7 (1.8%)
fix netcode - fix magnets
5 (1.3%)
fix netcode - fix fatass bug
6 (1.6%)
fix netcode - fix specbug
7 (1.8%)
fix netcode - fix eats
17 (4.5%)
implement anticheat
21 (5.5%)
implement matchmaking
14 (3.7%)
implement new gui
22 (5.8%)
bring back bloodsaw
6 (1.6%)
improve scriptcore
5 (1.3%)
port to macOS
4 (1%)
add google translate option
1 (0.3%)
add cvars
5 (1.3%)
add new maps
2 (0.5%)
fix inttostr server crash
7 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: October 15, 2017, 07:26:56 am

Author Topic: What would you like to see in soldat 1.7.2?  (Read 26009 times)

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Re: What would you like to see in soldat 1.7.2?
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 05:20:12 pm »
First of all; Hello Shoozza! I hope you guys can work it out with helloer, it's important you stay together and find a reasonable consensus to pull all the ideas together in one document which becomes your masterplan for this year. I believe that both of you have no problem with open source after all.

I know we're talking here about minor updates so i'm just gonna ask about the situation within the WM team. I don't know what is your position on that, and i do believe that this is very crucial matter for the continuity of the gameplay. Do you consider the current team existent? Did you talk to darDar, who appears to be the main man behind the former changes? If you however do consider the WM team non-existant, please make sure that this team is suitably staffed. Generally, what i'm saying is, someone who's been inactive for over few years is not a good candidate for that position, with all due respect to skoskav. It's not just about coding and changing numbers out of the blue, it's about having an irreversible impact on the actual flow of the game.

Historically, "fixed" WMs have been added to few releases often being unbalanced and totally broken because if you're not playing the actual game it is hard to balance weapons appropriately when there is no constant data or player feedback available. I just wouldn't want to see the community struggling with the same problem that some obvious mechanical properties of weapons are being blatantly ignored due to the person in charge being completely unaware. We've gone through this too many times. Also take into account that most of the people tend to be prejudiced and want to favor their fav weapons and weaken the ones who beat them flat out. Soldat is not only one mod, but few different ones and each one of them requires other skills. Each one of the community will want their rights to be better and wiser over different. Obviously it's impossible to make a flawless balance for every game mode, but truly thoughtless changes based on collective impulse can kill some community.

In other words; have a little faith that some of the changes went good and don't need to be completely replaced. I do believe that the current WM is very good for the game to progress and i really wouldn't want to see it washed out by someone's fetish ideas. I'm not gonna quote myself again because my essays are way too long so ima put the links in here. To sum up: before making any decisions, please read what's in there. I tried to include all of the advantages and disadvantages. My essays partially explain most often asked questions.

Long, in-depth explanation why the current weapon mod is good

Why it's good to have low TTK nowadays. High TTK vs Medium TTK vs Low TTK

I agree that some adjustements would be reasonable, but these are really cosmetic changes that mainly apply to barret, ak and ruger. For example, i do share Hubiq's pov as to barret's strenght, and in general we are all agreeing on the same things. For example damage should definitely fall off a lot more when multikilling in barret. When after piercing and killing someone, as the bullet continues in its path it should lose damage. Increase the rate if it pierces more people because it actually damages CTF. Then there's delay that should last longer and so on and so on. There are a few cosmetic changes that would be good(making AK usefull, fixing ruger a bit, etc). Anyways the general play flows positive. But then again, you really should know what you're doing. Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:24:05 pm by Petterkowski »

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 05:37:05 pm »
new songs to play while we play soldat  8)
Wat? You mean extending the soundtrack? That's the most insignificant feature request for the next release I've ever heard.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 06:08:45 pm »
I'll collect the suggestions and make a list for you guys to vote on soon (maybe after the weekend), to see what might be worth to work on.
There are a few unrealistic requests though so please remember that this is a 1.7.x release and there isn't a lot of time until the release when you suggest something.
It is also good if you write about things in detail, broad things are most likely huge or unclear changes and difficult to do in the time frame

It's ok to have fun but don't waste you chance here ;)

Thanks!

@offtopic as for the WM stuff we could discuss this somewhere else short update:
didn't talk to anyone from the team (also skoskav probably won't do any weapon mod changes as he retired from that long ago) - probably need a new team or WM will stay like it is,
also i might be the wrong person to decide on new WM, minor tweeks like you mentioned to sniper - might be reasonable
@oss posted in other thread about it
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 01:29:53 am »
1. Aim syrup:
One thing that has annoyed me for ages is how aiming in the game appears to be smoothed. If you flick your mouse, your crosshair doesn't immediately fixate on any certain position, it gradually slows down until stopping. I'm guessing this was an effect added to make the game look smooth, but it makes any attempt at skillful flicks messy, which for a game that's about shooting people is ridiculous. The obvious disadvantage of changing this would be that it's been this way for as long as I can remember, and that's how everyone is used to aiming in Soldat. However, if you go play another shooting game that has proper snap aiming and then go back and try Soldat, it feels like you're aiming through syrup. Fixing this would also make it easier for new players to pick up the game because there isn't this weird new idea of aim syrup that they need to learn.

2. Unprone cancel:
When you hold nade and then try to unprone while holding it, you'll see your character do a prone animation-jump that puts you straight back into the prone position. How this might be a problem is when you're supermanning at another player, decide you want to nade them, then you need to unprone to dodge something they are doing or to get to a certain position. The only ways you'll have any luck is by quickly looking the other direction and back, messing up your aim if you're also shooting, or not throwing the nade. You could also say that this is a "skill" you need to learn, and that the right way to play in this situation is to unprone before starting to throw the nade, but that just ignores how inintuitive and pointless the bug is. Now I don't know if this is a move utilized somehow in climbing (I don't climb), but even if it is, you can still do the same thing by punching or stabbing. (Sorry if I'm incorrect about this somehow (again, I don't climb). If I am, please tell me.)
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 04:45:06 am »
Right. I also do agree with that
- add somewhere a banner which would refer to SCTFL site and Discord channel
It's a minor adjustment and totally doable, given time and intent. With the new release coming out, this should be a reminder for everyone that we have a community Discord server that is free to come, hang out, chat about new features and play gathers! Activity has been "a bit" on the downswing for the past few years, also because we haven't done a very good job promoting it, so here's hoping that will change now :)

For this moment; when you launch the game for the first time as a total rookie, you're just lost in a big world. Right now, many Soldatters find new communities and leagues by happenstance -through a forum thread, or a brag from a favorite player, or maybe from a random guy in a public server. Discovering communities and its leagues is a part of what makes exploring Soldat so fun and rewarding. And that is why it is very important to make it even easier for newcomers to connect to the content that most interests them. Click on the banner - welcome to the heart of Soldat. The whole process should take no longer than a minute. Currently, it's hard to believe, but some players with over 10 years experience still don't know about the existence of competitive communities. I do realise this will be taken care of with the implementation of Monsteri's new GUI later on as it features the News tab, but the banners and official reference are important too!

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 08:31:32 am »
Fix PlaySound + add download sound. (If player join to server must download soundpack, or if script requires download soundpack player has be kick and start download)

Download custrom weapon gfx
Download custrom weapons chose gfx
Download custrom weapons sounds
Download script use images/gif and script use sounds.
Add option in script core PasteImageObject(Posx,Posy,time,transparency);
New options in weaponsmod:
CustromWeaponName=
RecoilPlayer= (How do you shoot with a minigun or a spasm to feel the rejection of the player)
ShootMultiple=(How many missiles should be fired, For example, shotgun shoots 2 bulllets)
ShootVelMax= (
ShootVelMin=      For these shots to be delayed,  shotgun shots are not flying evenly )
WeaponChoseImagePath=
WeaponFullImagePath=
WeaponSounds=
example
---> WeaponChoseImagePath=Downalod/AHH18JAO281K_23073/WeaponsGFX/Ak-74/full/
---> WeaponFullImagePath=Downalod/AHH18JAO281K_23073/WeaponsGFX/Ak-74/chose/
---> WeaponSounds=Downalod/AHH18JAO281K_23073/WeaponsSounds/Ak-74/
Add options in soldat.ini:
AllowDownloadDll=
AllowUsingDll=
Add in script core InjectDll(Path:string; Player:TPlayerActive);

How work download system?
Player have folder download in game dir.
If server is register to lobby receives the unique identifier. (identyfier+port) (Not to interfere with other servers on one machine)
Next if player try join to server server sends info about u must download media files. Player must click yes how on moving to another server.
Next in player download dir create folder as name identyfier+port and scan all files in this folder next send dir list to server It verifies and sends files). Or using new map pack system to one file send.
in folder or pack find 5 new folders WeaponsGFX WeaponsSounds CustromImage CustromSounds Dlls.

How would it allow moding game :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:35:03 am by soldat-game »

Offline Mokkun

• Major(1)
  • Zz
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 10:24:00 am »
Fix PlaySound + add download sound. (If player join to server must download soundpack, or if script requires download soundpack player has be kick and start download)

Download custrom weapon gfx
Download custrom weapons chose gfx
Download custrom weapons sounds
Download script use images/gif and script use sounds.
Add option in script core PasteImageObject(Posx,Posy,time,transparency);
New options in weaponsmod:
CustromWeaponName=
RecoilPlayer= (How do you shoot with a minigun or a spasm to feel the rejection of the player)
ShootMultiple=(How many missiles should be fired, For example, shotgun shoots 2 bulllets)
ShootVelMax= (
ShootVelMin=      For these shots to be delayed,  shotgun shots are not flying evenly )
WeaponChoseImagePath=
WeaponFullImagePath=
WeaponSounds=
example
---> WeaponChoseImagePath=Downalod/AHH18JAO281K_23073/WeaponsGFX/Ak-74/full/
---> WeaponFullImagePath=Downalod/AHH18JAO281K_23073/WeaponsGFX/Ak-74/chose/
---> WeaponSounds=Downalod/AHH18JAO281K_23073/WeaponsSounds/Ak-74/
Add options in soldat.ini:
AllowDownloadDll=
AllowUsingDll=
Add in script core InjectDll(Path:string; Player:TPlayerActive);

How work download system?
Player have folder download in game dir.
If server is register to lobby receives the unique identifier. (identyfier+port) (Not to interfere with other servers on one machine)
Next if player try join to server server sends info about u must download media files. Player must click yes how on moving to another server.
Next in player download dir create folder as name identyfier+port and scan all files in this folder next send dir list to server It verifies and sends files). Or using new map pack system to one file send.
in folder or pack find 5 new folders WeaponsGFX WeaponsSounds CustromImage CustromSounds Dlls.

How would it allow moding game :)

You forgot the option:

DeleteSystem32 in soldat.ini

Offline hardpenguin

• Major(1)
    • hardpenguin's Twitter
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 01:58:05 pm »
LINUX CLIENT!

But seriously, as opposed to everyone else's opinion I think that we shouldn't roll out any new features now. Just pushing Soldat to Steam (possibly with a marketing push involved, sending info to press via MM's Transhuman Design's contacts) would revitalize the community. Remember, it did well enough for years thanks to the community hosting servers and creating content. All we need to do first now is invest in community, not in the game itself.

After that, crossplatform support, better map editor etc.

Why not matchmaking? There's a lot of good multiplayer games doing well with a server browser alone:

http://steamcharts.com/app/240
http://steamcharts.com/app/219640
http://steamcharts.com/app/222880
http://steamcharts.com/app/265630
http://steamcharts.com/app/304930

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 02:30:09 pm »
Hi again.

I would like to come back to this thread: https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44820.0 ( new art direction for 1.8 )
I am not aware of the current mapping team/status of mapping in general.

However I do encourage those people that started this, to remain their work simply because it's awesome and I think a lot of people around here agree.
Yes I know this is not a priority right now and you might not have the people responsible for this anymore.
That said I honestly think finishing this project will present soldat as a beautiful game. Many of you might say bullshit we do not play soldat for its graphics, yet I also know many stories of players who had a friend behind them and said: what is this ugly noob game?..

If this project is done, you can probably skip a lot of time for any graphical discussions because most of it is right in this project I believe. (other stuff like gui and gosteks graphics can be dealt with when the time is ready).
In general I personally think a project like this is required. Especially after 15 years of an old 2d game. (every big game out there has visual upgrades each few years.. and they don't do this for nothing) Also graphical updates are the most noticable ones for those that do not read the forums. You will give them the idea/feeling that the game is actually being worked on and properly developed. (I always got hyped when a game reached a graphical update)

I'm under the impression that a visual/graphical update attracts new people.

quick version; Try to finish the art direction project and even if it's not for the 1.7.2 version, do it for the steam release. (if possible)

Offline Mokkun

• Major(1)
  • Zz
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 04:41:46 pm »
LINUX CLIENT!

But seriously, as opposed to everyone else's opinion I think that we shouldn't roll out any new features now. Just pushing Soldat to Steam (possibly with a marketing push involved, sending info to press via MM's Transhuman Design's contacts) would revitalize the community. Remember, it did well enough for years thanks to the community hosting servers and creating content. All we need to do first now is invest in community, not in the game itself.

After that, crossplatform support, better map editor etc.

Why not matchmaking? There's a lot of good multiplayer games doing well with a server browser alone:

http://steamcharts.com/app/240
http://steamcharts.com/app/219640
http://steamcharts.com/app/222880
http://steamcharts.com/app/265630
http://steamcharts.com/app/304930

I agree with Linux release, matchmaking could really help in Soldat I think because the gap in skill between new players and veteran is huge.

Hi again.

I would like to come back to this thread: https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44820.0 ( new art direction for 1.8 )
I am not aware of the current mapping team/status of mapping in general.

However I do encourage those people that started this, to remain their work simply because it's awesome and I think a lot of people around here agree.
Yes I know this is not a priority right now and you might not have the people responsible for this anymore.
That said I honestly think finishing this project will present soldat as a beautiful game. Many of you might say bullshit we do not play soldat for its graphics, yet I also know many stories of players who had a friend behind them and said: what is this ugly noob game?..

If this project is done, you can probably skip a lot of time for any graphical discussions because most of it is right in this project I believe. (other stuff like gui and gosteks graphics can be dealt with when the time is ready).
In general I personally think a project like this is required. Especially after 15 years of an old 2d game. (every big game out there has visual upgrades each few years.. and they don't do this for nothing) Also graphical updates are the most noticable ones for those that do not read the forums. You will give them the idea/feeling that the game is actually being worked on and properly developed. (I always got hyped when a game reached a graphical update)

I'm under the impression that a visual/graphical update attracts new people.

quick version; Try to finish the art direction project and even if it's not for the 1.7.2 version, do it for the steam release. (if possible)

I also agree on that, what monsteri did was awesome, I hope he can continue his work and be active in the new team

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 10:43:24 am »
I won't like to see minor bug fixes but substantial fixes/changes and this has nothing to do with reinventing the wheel.

- The aim smoothing mentioned by Fryer;
- New UI + interface system restructured (the current element alignment is a joke);

- Remove atleast 2 useless gamemodes. I would say 3: PM, HTF and TDM, remaining CTF, INF, DM and RM.
I'm saying this for years and last year someone that I can't remember mentioned the same as part of the community split, getting even worse nowadays with less players.
HTF and PM wasn't played constantly and as part of the biggest community that used to play TM as the main gamemode (since the Soldat beginning til 2013), besides being the most renowned TM player/leader of Brazil, I can say with propriety. You should get rid of TM aswell. That mode makes no sense, even other games nowadays tries to get away from the classic TDM. It's boring as f* neither a good competitive mode.

2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 11:27:24 am »
- Remove atleast 2 useless gamemodes. I would say 3: PM, HTF and TDM, remaining CTF, INF, DM and RM.
I'm saying this for years and last year someone that I can't remember mentioned the same as part of the community split, getting even worse nowadays with less players.
HTF and PM wasn't played constantly and as part of the biggest community that used to play TM as the main gamemode (since the Soldat beginning til 2013), besides being the most renowned TM player/leader of Brazil, I can say with propriety. You should get rid of TM aswell. That mode makes no sense, even other games nowadays tries to get away from the classic TDM. It's boring as f* neither a good competitive mode.
I don't like the idea of removing things just because nobody plays it now. The demand for these gamemodes may occur in future with greater player base we expect to get once Soldat is released to Steam. Advertising a game with 7 gamemodes instead of 4 is also going to sound better to a potential new player. Besides, it's all about the demand that server admins will answer by hosting servers with such gamemodes or not. Let the market judge the usefulness of these gamemodes. Better not played than not existing.

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 03:41:51 pm »

I agree that some adjustements would be reasonable, but these are really cosmetic changes that mainly apply to barret, ak and ruger. For example, i do share Hubiq's pov as to barret's strenght, and in general we are all agreeing on the same things. For example damage should definitely fall off a lot more when multikilling in barret. When after piercing and killing someone, as the bullet continues in its path it should lose damage. Increase the rate if it pierces more people because it actually damages CTF. Then there's delay that should last longer and so on and so on. There are a few cosmetic changes that would be good(making AK usefull, fixing ruger a bit, etc). Anyways the general play flows positive. But then again, you really should know what you're doing. Cheers.
You're right, Petter.
The ruger is being much superior when compared to the legendary Ak-47, I think among the machine guns the AK-47 is the least used by the players and the weakest ... this was not so, in this update the weapons changed in a strange way

You are crazy? Trying to end the fun way for Brazilians? There are players who love this game mode, like me. There are Brazilian players who only play soldat because of TDM, this is one of the worst ideas I read in this forum.

Bonecrusher: Please use the edit button.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:07:51 am by Bonecrusher »
Make love, not war.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2017, 04:13:23 pm »
I don't like the idea of removing things just because nobody plays it now. The demand for these gamemodes may occur in future with greater player base we expect to get once Soldat is released to Steam. Advertising a game with 7 gamemodes instead of 4 is also going to sound better to a potential new player. Besides, it's all about the demand that server admins will answer by hosting servers with such gamemodes or not. Let the market judge the usefulness of these gamemodes. Better not played than not existing.
I'm not gonna argue too much about this because I know that this would be hard to happen. People is afraid of change.
You're wrong when you type "NOW". Remove this word then you have the reason why the gamemode should be removed.
No one ever played these game modes and they're not a big deal to stay here.
All you said is: Let's give a second chance to these gamemodes.
Do you trust on this? I don't.

You are crazy? Trying to end the fun way for Brazilians? There are players who love this game mode, like me. There are Brazilian players who only play soldat because of TDM, this is one of the worst ideas I read in this forum.
The difference is that I can move on, you and the last 10 TM lovers that barely plays can't. That's not crazyness. I'm not just thinking about myself but for better days of Soldat. In my opinion some things has to go. The whole community wont be back, it's a fact.
You can check here and see that I was forced to "love" this mode aswel. The thing is that I know how and why this mode was introduced as the primary competitive brazilian mode, starting in 2003 with the 2v2s using 56k modems and all I can say is that the mode provided less competition and engagement that CTF as example could do. If I'm right or not, I know there still be different opinions, I just had to post some points about this.

2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline Slasher

• Soldier
  • Peace
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2017, 04:34:14 pm »

You can check here and see that I was forced to "love" this mode aswel. The thing is that I know how and why this mode was introduced as the primary competitive brazilian mode, starting in 2003 with the 2v2s using 56k modems and all I can say is that the mode provided less competition and engagement that CTF as example could do. If I'm right or not, I know there still be different opinions, I just had to post some points about this.
In my opinion, this is unnecessary, as the machina said, new players will come and we need more than 4 game modes, there is no reason to remove the other game modes.
Make love, not war.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2017, 06:46:10 pm »
My top request for 1.7.2 is the new format for mod and map handling that's already been implemented and was supposed to be in 1.8. I think if we're gonna open the flood gates with the Steam release and open-sourcing - we might as well do it with the improved format right off the bat. Otherwise it'll be a mess switching from one format to another later down the line. Though ideally it'd help to also get our hands on a test version of Soldat that supports this new format, so we can try it out ourselves and see if there's any issues.

EDIT: After reading the comments here, I'll also second a few things, in order of priority:

1. WM: AK reverted to pre-1.7.1 version. The problem isn't even that it's difficult to use - it's simly not fun and completely unsatisfying to use. Heck, I wouldn't mind if the entire weapon mod was reverved to pre-1.7.1.

2. Cull some of the less popular, poorly designed and ugly maps.

3. New GUI. I know this probably won't happen in time for 1.7.2., but I must say it's the most off-putting part of Soldat right now. On the off chance that it is possible to finish before release - I think this should be made high priority. Monsteri's concepts look perfect, I think he's made the best version of the UI anyone presented so far.

4. Fix polybouncing. AFAIK there has been some work done on this, though I don't know if it ever got anywhere. Please look into it if the time allows.

5. like duz mentioned - Steam Workshop support.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:38:21 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Sipar

• Major
    • http://dolinski.cz
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2017, 05:45:38 am »
Bring back constant grenades throwing on pressed button during weapon reload :P

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2017, 09:33:36 am »
No one is talking about maps/mods/ints being hosted on Steam Workshop. This would be a useful feature.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline skrX

• Soldier
  • x ye.
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2017, 02:17:05 pm »
https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=9760.0

My suggestion is to add a script "chat mode" to soldat. This is very useful.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 07:08:53 am »
1. Mouse cursor capture
It sometimes needs to rightclick to make it interacting again after Alt+Tab from Soldat (while being at server)
It was reported in 1.7.0 or even before and is still here in 1.7.1

2. 'Join game' doesn't work when clicking it for the first time:
Quote from: Morkiitos
what about the good old "rape the button" to actually get connected to the server
sometimes u just gotta cancel the request with disconnect and press join game again to make it work