Author Topic: Making my own server - anyone has m79 climb script?  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Ferrari

• Major(1)
Making my own server - anyone has m79 climb script?
« on: November 17, 2017, 04:45:57 pm »
Hi!
I wish to make m79 climb server (i mainly came back to soldat for that, a pity its kind of dead), but I could rebuild it! I have all maps, but my script is from 1.2.1 and 1.4.2, so kind of old. Has anyone any new scripts that is willing to share?
Sincere thanks, Ferrari :D

PS.
Sorry if its wrong thread but was thinking 20 min where to post.

Offline Savage

• Soldier
Re: Making my own server - anyone has m79 climb script?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 06:35:20 pm »
Explain exactly how it was working, I will try to code it in free time

Offline Ferrari

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 07:13:00 pm »
Hmm then I will explain everything:

Well its mostly similar to normal climb script, but mostly only. Let me explain. Firstly it needs some classic timers, top scores, top list, account system, etc. Now it also needs no collision dmg with nades and m79 bullet (make m79 look like flamer too). You spawn with 2 loaded m79 and you have infinite nades. Make command !save and !load (!s !l)(/s /l), but when using save you dont get any highscore and map isnt changed (only capped map without command save counts as capped to change to next map), also make /godmode <ID> command (for admin only, it often helped me to check if map is playable, also as with !save script, make it so you cant record your highscore, in case other admins will abuse before I notice). Now the !punish script from Rzal climb would be nice too (this mode has many trolls). I heard saving script is easy to make now since move.player doesnt bug like in 1.2/1.4. Some classic admin tools for punishing/baning. That should be it to work properly, all other supscripts can be added later as new ideas will come in. If you think I missed something feel free to add it. And thanks for such an idea. I was coding in soldat, but in scripts not too much so i have bare minimum of knowledge. I will be really greatful if one day this script will be made :D If you have questions or need help I will try my best, PM me on discord (same nick).

PS.
I have only around 100 maps so feel free to make maps and send them to me (that's for everyone who reads it) :D I will also make some free maps in the free time as I made some in my life before.

PS2.
I had in mind, but only if at least the server will get slightly popular to open 2 servers, one with password where you can play harder maps. New players often prefer easy ones while pro player caps it in 1-2 min, and then new players stop playing since they cant even get to 1/4 of a map. So I could make Server #1 with easy and medium maps, and Server #2 with hard maps, where you would receive password after capping some particular maps on easy server (without comment save). But its only dream which may come true later.

Offline Savage

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 07:23:22 pm »
This is good explanation :) Added to my todo list

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »
Where would Soldat be without its community (There's a song in there somewhere)...

Nice one Slasher, for taking on this task.

Never played this mode myself but I know a few guys who were into it.

Some resources which might help below. These are fairly old links so might need modifying to work with current script core.

https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=41685.0  << M79 CLIMB

https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=42212.0  << M79 COOP CLIMB (May be of some use)

https://wiki.soldat.pl/index.php/M79_Coop_Climb    << Wiki related to M79 COOP CLIMB (May provide additional info)

Map packs are also included within those links. Remember to credit the original scripters :D

Good luck. Have fun.

Offline Ferrari

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 04:56:06 am »
Thanks for support, about links I already got all squiddy maps and even more :D But totally forgot about coop climp, thanks for reminding! Firstly thought i will finish normal climb since its better to do everything in order.