Official Content > Soldat Developer Log

Devlog update (2017-12-10) Steam release moved to January, flood fixes

(1/8) > >>

Shoozza:
Oh well, this is long overdue..

Here's a quick update:

- Fixed 100% cpu bug in soldatserver on flood (beta versions are in use by several server admins, official build next sunday)
- Fixed inttostr issue in soldatserver
and other issues thanks to falcon, helloer, jrgp for the server logs and information on what they think might be happening.

- Talked with MM about moving release date for steam after the steam winter sale people requested (relase will be in January)
- evhO agreed to work on a trailer for steam, but he also thinks we should do a forum competition
- MM will post about trailer competition soon
- We need good screenshots for Steam you can help out L[one]R here if you want

- Implemented team mute (/mute alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, spec, zero) but will probably not add it to the next release as it isn't tested and results in code duplication which i'd like to avoid (let me know if you think this is a good idea or not)

- Some admins use unofficial test versions in production. These versions include scriptcore improvements by falcon (included in 1.8). I will look into the changes falcon made and if possible add them to the 1.7.2 release (instead of waiting for 1.8.0)

As for the weekly updates, im sorry that it took so long for an update. I wont go into details as to why but I can say drama, trolling and toxicity isn't exactly helping.

I'll take a break from the discord chat for now and will see if things are better in a week.

Furai:

--- Quote from: Shoozza on December 09, 2017, 06:38:54 pm ---I'll take a break from the discord chat for now and will see if things are better in a week.

--- End quote ---
Good decision. Thanks for all the hard work and keep it up! :)

Mayhem:
Good to know that things are going well :) Thanks for the devlog!

scarface09:
Scarface09 comes back out of retirement. Must have brought shoozza back with him.

machina:

--- Quote from: Shoozza on December 09, 2017, 06:38:54 pm ---- Implemented team mute (/mute alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, spec, zero)

--- End quote ---
Is this a final syntax for this command? There will be a collision if there is a player on map with nickname alpha for example.

/mutegroup <alpha/bravo/charlie/delta/spec> and /unmutegroup <alpha/bravo/charlie/delta/spec> makes more sense to me.

--- Quote from: Shoozza on December 09, 2017, 06:38:54 pm ---- Talked with MM about moving release date for steam after the steam winter sale people requested (relase will be in January)

--- End quote ---
This is wise.

Nice to have a devlog in the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version