Official Content > Soldat Developer Log

Devlog update (2017-12-10) Steam release moved to January, flood fixes

<< < (7/8) > >>

Sigfrid:

--- Quote from: Ratman on December 29, 2017, 03:16:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: homerofgods on December 23, 2017, 06:10:25 am ---I needed it last time I played. A guy was spamming up the chat with racist stuff all the time. If that had happened to a new player from steam he would be wondering where the report button is

--- End quote ---

This is a good idea - reporting players from in game. However, we shouldn't be focused on removing players from the game when we are so low on numbers already. If anything we should be targeting hackers first and foremost.

Also, please add something to help beginners.. I have already seen a recent influx of new players in the past few months on the oneshots servers. Two things always happen:

1. They are way outclassed... half the server are vets who have been playing for years and new players can barely get a few kills in. Imagine how disheartening it must be to not even get a KD of 1 every single game.

2. They are then teased and harassed to the max by their own team. This is to be expected but certainly doesn't help these players from returning again.

This could be very easily fixed with in-game training which will atleast encourage these players. Or someone could take the lead and create a server SOLELY for noobs. Admins of this server would kick/ban vets or any player that is obviously leagues ahead and encourage these new players.

--- End quote ---
A good idea, however, there will always be a guy who has been playing for some time entering this server and killing all the noobs, the solution would be a way of knowing how long the player who entered already plays this game and move to the spectators.
I agree to create a tutorial in the first 3-5 times that the player enters, a tutorial that is not boring (5 minutes in length) and show the good things in the game

Nequil:
steam winter sale is over, any date? ; )

machina:

--- Quote from: Nequil on January 06, 2018, 02:42:08 pm ---steam winter sale is over, any date? ; )

--- End quote ---
I'd start with a year as it also wasn't specified ;)

But seriously, I bet it's gonna be the end of the month.

L[0ne]R:

--- Quote from: machina on January 06, 2018, 05:37:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: Nequil on January 06, 2018, 02:42:08 pm ---steam winter sale is over, any date? ; )

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

January 31, 11:59:59 PM ;D

machina:

--- Quote from: L[0ne]R on January 06, 2018, 07:59:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: machina on January 06, 2018, 05:37:34 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

January 31, 11:59:59 PM ;D

--- End quote ---
UTC+12 New Zealand xD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version