Author Topic: Current WM  (Read 13716 times)

Offline ginn

• Camper
Current WM
« on: December 12, 2017, 12:13:18 pm »
Why haven't you responded to my PM about weapon balancing? And fixing nade/med kits?

I've spent several hours on making a weapons mod, I've had private and public servers, hosted by Helloer an Azwraith, and even a gather channel (I tried to get it into the official channel, but I was ignored by Falcon and darDar for months, until I gave up). I even tried to set up an unofficial weapons balance team, which consisted of people I didn't particularly like, simply because I still respect their ability in their game and that they can provide valuable input.
I've put in time to try to get people to test out the WM I created, which most of them actually liked it, making them feel like they're back to 1.4.2.
I haven't done the balancing by simple inaccurate maths, I've tested it, on moving dummys/shooters, and in "competitive" play.

I'm experienced in soldat with knowledge about how the game works ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8q-VM9410U , how old bink worked), I've CHANGED THE SOLDAT META ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxaH8dxk-Kw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYKYD1YITZ0 ), which sparked some discussion about banning/making it impossible to use movement techniques (no I didn't invent them, but I made them work in CTF).

I was seemingly one of the only people who even noticed that nade/med kit spawns changed, a change much for the worse.

YET... You ignore me and my input.
I'm guessing you're still going to let naive darDar do the WM... Who already completely botched it once. His wm isn't just simply bad, it's laughably bad, it looks like a joke. AK having bink making it practically useless, because darDar isn't knowledgeable enough about the game to know how old and new bink works.
On his naivety, he believes mp5 should be rewarded for HSes, despite the fact that you can't aim for headshots with the inaccuracy the gun has. He doesn't account for the eating and inaccuracy in the netcode when he's hypothesizing for a WM. HE IS NAIVE. He's even a newbie to the game.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:54:54 am by darDar »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Re: Devlog update (2017-12-10) Steam release moved to January, flood fixes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 01:34:55 pm »
Getting your points across by talking negative about others isn't exactly helping your cause.

Can't you upload some demos of people playing with your WM?

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 11:58:40 pm »
Getting your points across by talking negative about others isn't exactly helping your cause.

I don't care anymore if the game dies. It would be nice to be able to play the game again, but this is ultimately for the game, not for me.
If they want it dead, with shit tier balancing, then they can go ahead. They should however at least reply and tell me that they want a shit WM.

I don't save some demos for over a year.

This same shit has happened multiple times, where I had a high quality stream, but they choose a 20p streamer instead (you literally couldn't see the soldats on it).
Some time later, I had to step in for some finals game, and so I provided a high quality stream, with all the layouts necessary. People actually liked it, even though they were so hostile against it before that.

Pretty much everyone who works with soldat, who actually has power, never do anything properly, they half-ass everything. I don't like half-assing, and I guess that's why they don't like my prepositions, because they're of higher quality than they want.
That's what they want, a half-assed game. I'm sure there were plenty of more people like me, and helloer, who would do a lot of work for the game, but the "leaders" just don't want that kind of effort put into the game.

You're in the beta team, but I'm sure you've really never done anything for the game, so you have no idea how stuck up these shitheads are.

Offline Mayhem

• Major(1)
  • 2005 - 2018
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 04:10:07 am »
ginn, where can I download your WM? I would like to test it, probably never did it before

Offline Raged`

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 08:53:17 am »

I don't care anymore if the game dies. It would be nice to be able to play the game again, but this is ultimately for the game, not for me.
If they want it dead, with shit tier balancing, then they can go ahead. They should however at least reply and tell me that they want a shit WM.

I don't save some demos for over a year.

This same shit has happened multiple times, where I had a high quality stream, but they choose a 20p streamer instead (you literally couldn't see the soldats on it).
Some time later, I had to step in for some finals game, and so I provided a high quality stream, with all the layouts necessary. People actually liked it, even though they were so hostile against it before that.

Pretty much everyone who works with soldat, who actually has power, never do anything properly, they half-ass everything. I don't like half-assing, and I guess that's why they don't like my prepositions, because they're of higher quality than they want.
That's what they want, a half-assed game. I'm sure there were plenty of more people like me, and helloer, who would do a lot of work for the game, but the "leaders" just don't want that kind of effort put into the game.

You're in the beta team, but I'm sure you've really never done anything for the game, so you have no idea how stuck up these shitheads are.
i've talked about this with Shoozza couple months ago actually.I agreed all you've said.Ithink he could do some changes about it

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 11:12:40 am »
@qb` pm me on IRC or Discord

regrding the trailer: we should really reach out to Tito/Control - he's probably the best and knows how to present soldat well. He can record in 4K and has great knowledge about soldat in general.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 11:29:46 am »
ginn, where can I download your WM? I would like to test it, probably never did it before
I've pasted it a few times, but I can do it again

Code: [Select]
[Info]
Name=Default mod
Version=1.7.1

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=1.65
FireInterval=24
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=70
Speed=19
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0.0
BulletSpread=0.0
Recoil=0
Push=0.0176
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[HK MP5]
Damage=0.905
FireInterval=6
Ammo=32
ReloadTime=105
Speed=18.9
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0.09
Recoil=0
Push=0.0112
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[Ak-74]
Damage=0.95
FireInterval=12
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=165
Speed=27
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.01615
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.95

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=0.615
FireInterval=7
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=125
Speed=26
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.006
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.254
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.95

[Spas-12]
Damage=1.05
FireInterval=34
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=165
Speed=14
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0.8
Recoil=0
Push=0.015
InheritedVelocity=0.588
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[Ruger 77]
Damage=2.185
FireInterval=42
Ammo=4
ReloadTime=90
Speed=33
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=12
MovementAcc=0.0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.012
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.245
ModifierChest=0.84
ModifierLegs=0.84

[M79]
Damage=1550
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=178
Speed=10.7
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.036
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=1

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=4.45
FireInterval=180
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=70
Speed=55
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=19
Bink=65
MovementAcc=0.05
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.018
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[FN Minimi]
Damage=0.82
FireInterval=9
Ammo=50
ReloadTime=250
Speed=24.6
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.015136
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.95

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=0.333
FireInterval=3
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=360
Speed=29
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=15
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0.0
BulletSpread=0.3
Recoil=0
Push=0.0104
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.85

[USSOCOM]
Damage=1.15
FireInterval=10
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=60
Speed=19
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.02
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.95

[Combat Knife]
Damage=2150
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=6
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.12
InheritedVelocity=0
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Chainsaw]
Damage=50
FireInterval=2
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=110
Speed=8
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.0028
InheritedVelocity=0
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=0.9

[M72 LAW]
Damage=1550
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=300
Speed=23
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=13
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.028
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Punch]
Damage=330
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=5
BulletStyle=6
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0
InheritedVelocity=0
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Grenade]
Damage=1500
FireInterval=80
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=20
Speed=5
BulletStyle=2
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0
InheritedVelocity=1
ModifierHead=1.0
ModifierChest=1.0
ModifierLegs=1.0

[Stationary Gun]
Damage=1.8
FireInterval=10
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=36
BulletStyle=14
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.0088
InheritedVelocity=0
ModifierHead=1.1
ModifierChest=0.95
ModifierLegs=0.85

[Flamer]
Damage=19
FireInterval=6
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=5
Speed=10.5
BulletStyle=5
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.016
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Rambo Bow]
Damage=12
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=25
Speed=21
BulletStyle=7
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0.0148
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9

[Flamed Arrows]
Damage=8
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=39
Speed=18
BulletStyle=8
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=0
BulletSpread=0
Recoil=0
Push=0
InheritedVelocity=0.5
ModifierHead=1.15
ModifierChest=1
ModifierLegs=0.9
Replace weapons.ini with that, but back up your original weapons.ini

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 02:34:59 pm »
@duz I remembered there is a new manual on github: https://github.com/Soldat/manual maybe look into that first
@Nedi you are playing with fire. Working in a toxic environment isn't something appealing to new and current devs.
@ginn if i don't reply after a few days it is always recommended to just send another pm. I might have planned to reply later but then forgot about it. No need for drama or to get angry about it. That said I cannot rate any WMs (maybe changes to knife if anything) and I need some help here. Since I heard complains about the current WM I'd like to know what should be done to make the community happy. darDar has probably some opinion on that as well. If I'd like to not be the person people go to and ask about WM changes. What I expect is that the person who handles the WM should have no bias and handles the WM in an understandable and calm way. If there is a need for better tooling to understand and/or test WM better that would be the point I would be contacted.
@CheeSeMan. I asked evhO if he could do a trailer because i liked one of his previous trailers and he was so kind to agree. Assuming that you need to know a lot about the game to make a good trailer is probably not correct. Like I wrote: MM wanted to do an competition, I'll ask him again if he could post it.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Mayhem

• Major(1)
  • 2005 - 2018
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 03:02:56 pm »
Thanks ginn. I've just tested it and I have to say that I have mixed feelings. All autos except minimi looks fine (maybe people will start using AK again). Minimi is still OP imo. Ruger looks like totally useless weapon - I know that it is OP atm, but killing with 3 bullets is just too slow compared to the rest of the weapons. And making barret even better? Don't know how to nerf it, but with this situation at pubs would be even worse than it is now. All the others looks good - pm me if you need people for tests.
Btw, I miss good old times when bink existed and you had to push up finger to aim properly, that was game for real men.

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 05:59:10 pm »
wth!
no insta law???
the time window betwen takin out law and firin is too high
by the time the law fires the enemy is already 1 cannonball away .. totally not fun brah

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 11:00:48 pm »
@ginn if i don't reply after a few days it is always recommended to just send another pm. I might have planned to reply later but then forgot about it. No need for drama or to get angry about it. That said I cannot rate any WMs (maybe changes to knife if anything) and I need some help here. Since I heard complains about the current WM I'd like to know what should be done to make the community happy. darDar has probably some opinion on that as well. If I'd like to not be the person people go to and ask about WM changes. What I expect is that the person who handles the WM should have no bias and handles the WM in an understandable and calm way. If there is a need for better tooling to understand and/or test WM better that would be the point I would be contacted.
I've been trying to get this WM somewhere for over a year, it's tested and mostly done. At this point I felt like Spas was the only thing that could be too weak, the rest of the weapons seemed very balanced.

Thanks ginn. I've just tested it and I have to say that I have mixed feelings. All autos except minimi looks fine (maybe people will start using AK again). Minimi is still OP imo. Ruger looks like totally useless weapon - I know that it is OP atm, but killing with 3 bullets is just too slow compared to the rest of the weapons. And making barret even better? Don't know how to nerf it, but with this situation at pubs would be even worse than it is now. All the others looks good - pm me if you need people for tests.
Btw, I miss good old times when bink existed and you had to push up finger to aim properly, that was game for real men.
AK and minimi had their bullet speeds swapped. Minimi I remember was on my watch list, but it seemed to play out fine, it was a bit difficult to wield. AK should have the fastest TTK, possibly together with Steyr (but steyr requires HSes, look damage modifiers), this was about a year ago though.
Ruger was tested to be fine, since it has no movement acc you can fire accurately. It kills in 2 headshots, like it was in the past. From what I remember, in testing it was very strong, so I had to tone it down a bit.

The barrett is underpowered, so whatever little tweak to make it more competitive is good. Publics will just have a script to set a maximum on amount of barrett users.
I think I buffed M79 in reload/interval too.

This MIGHT not be the final version, I've moved computer, and HDDs, and the servers I had the wm on are also down so I can't double check on there.

wth!
no insta law???
by the time the law fires the enemy is already 1 cannonball away .. totally not fun brah
I actually experimented with instant law, which was a little bit fun... But, it was a little bit awkward, so I changed it back to default.
One of my main purposes was to avoid that annoying "law no fire" bug.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 02:21:22 am »
I've been trying to get this WM somewhere for over a year, it's tested and mostly done. At this point I felt like Spas was the only thing that could be too weak, the rest of the weapons seemed very balanced.
Why not get in touch with gather staff and get your WM on servers? At least few of them? Get feedback there?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 06:23:56 am »
Why not get in touch with gather staff and get your WM on servers? At least few of them? Get feedback there?
What about you actually read what you comment on first?

Offline Mayhem

• Major(1)
  • 2005 - 2018
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 01:13:02 pm »
Ok, I get it. I thought that these headshot settings don't work properly but if so, positions of players on map would be important again, which I like. I hope someone will take this WM into consideration while relasing next version - it seems to be a small fix which can make gameplay more interesting.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 02:18:22 pm »
Ok, I get it. I thought that these headshot settings don't work properly but if so, positions of players on map would be important again, which I like. I hope someone will take this WM into consideration while relasing next version - it seems to be a small fix which can make gameplay more interesting.
They don't work properly, and some hitboxes are broken. The feet hitboxes, for example, hitting at the right angle, can make you go unharmed or survive even barrett shots. The feet hitboxes are also tiny, which is why I've set damage modifiers to be body+feet, and only head. The head hit box is actually quite large, almost covering half the torso, iirc.
With ruger, and possibly steyr, you can head shot when you shoot from straight below, that I believe having to do with bulletspeed. However, a bullet can't register twice at least, or so I think, i.e. it can't register as a feet shot and then also as a head shot.

Falcon said wm had to wait because he was gonna remake the weapon system, around a year ago, but that never happened.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 06:42:44 pm »
wth!
no insta law???
This actually makes a lot of fucking sense because LAW is not for killing at a fucking melee distance! Because wait time to fire was reduced LAW become OP deadly on every distance. You wanna kill a guy with a knife? Well, fuck you because he has a god damn LAW and ain't have to wait to throw a knife powerfully enough to hit you.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 01:32:57 pm »
USSOCOM is the biggest joke of these 'new' WMs (after 2012).
Barrett has become n00b friendly a lot time ago even not being OP. You should stop adding weird specs to it and remove the delay, add inaccuracy while in the air, bink and aimpunch. You shouldn't be untouchable with it.

Ruger always shows how nonsense the WM and the community is (soldatforums guys, not the SCTFL people). If there's any power, It's OP, if you remove this power, it's useless. The same goes for Barrett without delay. You can't leave it without delay because a standard sniper rifle is too strong for the newbies to deal with.

This actually makes a lot of fucking sense because LAW is not for killing at a fucking melee distance! Because wait time to fire was reduced LAW become OP deadly on every distance. You wanna kill a guy with a knife? Well, fuck you because he has a god damn LAW and ain't have to wait to throw a knife powerfully enough to hit you.
Actually the LAW wasn't OP without delay (earlier versions). It takes a time to stop, crouch and fire. This is time enough to someone throw a knife precisely. No one plays crouched and not flying, all the time. There's no such advantage.

regrding the trailer: we should really reach out to Tito/Control - he's probably the best and knows how to present soldat well. He can record in 4K and has great knowledge about soldat in general.
'Anyone' can record in 4K using the NVidia DSR Factor (there's an AMD similar feature).
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 02:26:45 pm »
Barrett has become n00b friendly a lot time ago even not being OP. You should stop adding weird specs to it and remove the delay, add inaccuracy while in the air, bink and aimpunch. You shouldn't be untouchable with it.

This would largely make it unusable.
There are other worlds than these

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 05:44:49 pm »
Certain inaccuracy, not completely inaccurate.
Just make it harder while you're in the air.

Nowadays you're a lot more untouchable with Barrett than before where you had bink and maybe a less accurate Barrett.
I remember v0r and {EF} Sneaky Bastard (one of the best Soldat player ever), both europeans, playing TM+Survival (main brazilian gamemode) against brazilian teams, 2006 or 2007. 3 Barretts or 2 Barretts and 1 M79 against them using automatic weapons. It was for sure easier to kill the Barretts than nowadays because you were less untouchable. Now you're the one hit one kill god with it. Keep adding delays, you won't fix anything, just ruining the fun, the game.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:57:13 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2017, 03:23:49 am »
Certain inaccuracy, not completely inaccurate.
Just make it harder while you're in the air.

Nowadays you're a lot more untouchable with Barrett than before where you had bink and maybe a less accurate Barrett.
I remember v0r and {EF} Sneaky Bastard (one of the best Soldat player ever), both europeans, playing TM+Survival (main brazilian gamemode) against brazilian teams, 2006 or 2007. 3 Barretts or 2 Barretts and 1 M79 against them using automatic weapons. It was for sure easier to kill the Barretts than nowadays because you were less untouchable. Now you're the one hit one kill god with it. Keep adding delays, you won't fix anything, just ruining the fun, the game.
The game was dominated by Barrett, and only heavy spray and hard work could beat it, and obviously only on open maps.
Nowadays barrett is way less useful, it actually almost never see any use. Most of the time an M79 can do the job that you'd consider picking barrett for.

If you could not shoot mid air, which you by the way have to prone to be accurate for, barrett would be completely useless. You'd have to pray for good RNG every shot, and every kill you got wouldn't be based on your skill, just RNG.

I assume you think you can just lay down and camp with barrett? Nah, that makes you largely worthless for your team.