Soldat Talk > Weapon Balance Discussion

Current WM

(1/11) > >>

ginn:
Why haven't you responded to my PM about weapon balancing? And fixing nade/med kits?

I've spent several hours on making a weapons mod, I've had private and public servers, hosted by Helloer an Azwraith, and even a gather channel (I tried to get it into the official channel, but I was ignored by Falcon and darDar for months, until I gave up). I even tried to set up an unofficial weapons balance team, which consisted of people I didn't particularly like, simply because I still respect their ability in their game and that they can provide valuable input.
I've put in time to try to get people to test out the WM I created, which most of them actually liked it, making them feel like they're back to 1.4.2.
I haven't done the balancing by simple inaccurate maths, I've tested it, on moving dummys/shooters, and in "competitive" play.

I'm experienced in soldat with knowledge about how the game works ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8q-VM9410U , how old bink worked), I've CHANGED THE SOLDAT META ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxaH8dxk-Kw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYKYD1YITZ0 ), which sparked some discussion about banning/making it impossible to use movement techniques (no I didn't invent them, but I made them work in CTF).

I was seemingly one of the only people who even noticed that nade/med kit spawns changed, a change much for the worse.

YET... You ignore me and my input.
I'm guessing you're still going to let naive darDar do the WM... Who already completely botched it once. His wm isn't just simply bad, it's laughably bad, it looks like a joke. AK having bink making it practically useless, because darDar isn't knowledgeable enough about the game to know how old and new bink works.
On his naivety, he believes mp5 should be rewarded for HSes, despite the fact that you can't aim for headshots with the inaccuracy the gun has. He doesn't account for the eating and inaccuracy in the netcode when he's hypothesizing for a WM. HE IS NAIVE. He's even a newbie to the game.

homerofgods:
Getting your points across by talking negative about others isn't exactly helping your cause.

Can't you upload some demos of people playing with your WM?

ginn:

--- Quote from: homerofgods on December 12, 2017, 01:34:55 pm ---Getting your points across by talking negative about others isn't exactly helping your cause.

--- End quote ---
I don't care anymore if the game dies. It would be nice to be able to play the game again, but this is ultimately for the game, not for me.
If they want it dead, with shit tier balancing, then they can go ahead. They should however at least reply and tell me that they want a shit WM.

I don't save some demos for over a year.

This same shit has happened multiple times, where I had a high quality stream, but they choose a 20p streamer instead (you literally couldn't see the soldats on it).
Some time later, I had to step in for some finals game, and so I provided a high quality stream, with all the layouts necessary. People actually liked it, even though they were so hostile against it before that.

Pretty much everyone who works with soldat, who actually has power, never do anything properly, they half-ass everything. I don't like half-assing, and I guess that's why they don't like my prepositions, because they're of higher quality than they want.
That's what they want, a half-assed game. I'm sure there were plenty of more people like me, and helloer, who would do a lot of work for the game, but the "leaders" just don't want that kind of effort put into the game.

You're in the beta team, but I'm sure you've really never done anything for the game, so you have no idea how stuck up these shitheads are.

Mayhem:
ginn, where can I download your WM? I would like to test it, probably never did it before

Raged`:

--- Quote from: ginn on December 12, 2017, 11:58:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: homerofgods on December 12, 2017, 01:34:55 pm ---Getting your points across by talking negative about others isn't exactly helping your cause.

--- End quote ---
I don't care anymore if the game dies. It would be nice to be able to play the game again, but this is ultimately for the game, not for me.
If they want it dead, with shit tier balancing, then they can go ahead. They should however at least reply and tell me that they want a shit WM.

I don't save some demos for over a year.

This same shit has happened multiple times, where I had a high quality stream, but they choose a 20p streamer instead (you literally couldn't see the soldats on it).
Some time later, I had to step in for some finals game, and so I provided a high quality stream, with all the layouts necessary. People actually liked it, even though they were so hostile against it before that.

Pretty much everyone who works with soldat, who actually has power, never do anything properly, they half-ass everything. I don't like half-assing, and I guess that's why they don't like my prepositions, because they're of higher quality than they want.
That's what they want, a half-assed game. I'm sure there were plenty of more people like me, and helloer, who would do a lot of work for the game, but the "leaders" just don't want that kind of effort put into the game.

You're in the beta team, but I'm sure you've really never done anything for the game, so you have no idea how stuck up these shitheads are.

--- End quote ---
i've talked about this with Shoozza couple months ago actually.I agreed all you've said.Ithink he could do some changes about it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version