Author Topic: Where's Zabijaka?  (Read 10593 times)

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Where's Zabijaka?
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:40:42 pm »
(as written in subject - nothing to explain)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Where's Zabijaka?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 03:01:57 am »
They quit hosting Soldat servers. I'll let someone else describe in better detail.
There are other worlds than these

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:57:03 am »
They quit hosting Soldat servers.
Then, we don't have a decent Soldat server with normal mode shortly before the Steam release :|

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:51:08 am »
They quit hosting Soldat servers.
Then, we don't have a decent Soldat server with normal mode shortly before the Steam release :|

I run https://gshost.us and am willing to host any number of community servers (I already host the "jrgp's" series of normal/non-WM servers) if people let me know what they want in terms of settings/etc.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 01:21:51 pm »
I run https://gshost.us and am willing to host any number of community servers (I already host the "jrgp's" series of normal/non-WM servers) if people let me know what they want in terms of settings/etc.
EU CTF with either Zabijaka's settings or primary SCTFL would be nice with some basic commands like !bal.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 02:27:40 pm »
EU CTF with either Zabijaka's settings or primary SCTFL would be nice with some basic commands like !bal.

Sounds good. What settings were those? Any quick links to the !bal script? What official-sounding server name should I choose?

Offline urraka

• Soldat Developer
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 04:01:18 pm »
Good to bring this up! It would be just fair to name it after your hosting service, I believe.
urraka

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 06:37:46 pm »
Good to bring this up! It would be just fair to name it after your hosting service, I believe.

I could do that, but admittedly GS Host does not sound as cool as Zabijaka. Zabijaka sounds like the name of a cool clan rather than an advertising campaign for a corporate service.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 06:44:04 pm »
Sounds good. What settings were those? Any quick links to the !bal script? What official-sounding server name should I choose?
I don't know about Zabijaka's settings but Bonecrusher or Helloer should have a backup of those settings so they might be able to share those.

As for SCTFL, here they are: http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=296.0 (3 nades could be too much though for publics)

Dunno if that's the one used most commonly but I found only this: https://wiki.soldat.pl/index.php/Cube_-_CTF/INF_Ultimate_Balancer

I have no requirements. It could be even "jrgp's EU CTF".

It would be just fair to name it after your hosting service, I believe.
This one is easier to memorize for newfags though.

I could do that, but admittedly GS Host does not sound as cool as Zabijaka. Zabijaka sounds like the name of a cool clan rather than an advertising campaign for a corporate service.
Then, name it "Killers CTF" or smth like that xD

EDIT: Actually, "Slayer CTF" sounds cooler :D

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 12:53:51 am »
Thanks for the info. Now: how many servers of what gamemode, what player count, and in what regions? (I can host US, DE, AU)

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 04:20:19 am »
Zabijaka servers where always some sort of "official" Soldat servers, where you could always find people and at least one admin available. + It had nice balance with scripts(not too much not to few).

So if you could host servers, why not make official Soldat servers? Not anything big and not anything forced, just that one CTF server and one DM that will be perfect example of how it should work.
Just contact with Bonecrusher or Helloer get their settings and scripts/maps, find few reliable people to moderate it(so it will have rotation of mods and it will be kept in check no matter of hour).

This will also should deal with suggestions in other topic about lobby and server filtering/listing.

Soldat is not really a game that would get anything from "match making" where it wait for specific amount fo players to play like modern games have. Its "instant game", you open, you play, and most of time best fun is when you get to server with just 3-4 people and just play. Server dont need full player list to be playable.

But I would not pin them on top. Soldat is a Soldat because every server is different and if you start advertising one it will bury other ones that are good. Instead I would suggest to color-code them. Also create color-tags that will highlight lightly popular servers based on player number, and randomly highlight servers once per week based on suggestions from forum/discord this will advertise other servers and game modes to the new players, because color-tags dont really need explanation, its pure psychology, they click it because it "highlighted", but in the same time it will not put them on top, so players actually will scroll lobby list checking other servers.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 11:38:11 am »
jrgp you must have forgot you are currently hosting 2 servers for me. They somehow turn themselves off sometimes and im not really into bringing them back up. Would love to have someone I can count on in keeping them online and up to date. PM me if you are willing to sink some time  into keeping them crisp and ready for players to come and play.

Actually would love to let some proper admin team to work on those(I've spent way too much time on these servers throughout the years) The aforementioned servers have all the essential public scripts on them all it takes is to check out whats wrong in the configs and start them again. So pm me if u are willing to take care of them.

I've been meaning to get them back online but whenever i try and bring them back something screws up in the config and they dont seem to be working properly. I must have gotten rusty when it comes to running servers.

https://pastebin.com/ENG1KzxL this is what happens when i try to start the server IP seems wayyy off

you can also catch me on discord tonight
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:20:02 pm by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 07:47:14 pm »
Thanks for the info. Now: how many servers of what gamemode, what player count, and in what regions? (I can host US, DE, AU)
DE for Europe and one in US. Australians will play on OneShots xD Of course if you can host more than one. If not, then only DE :D

As for gamemode: CTF for sure with max 16 players. And the DM with 8. That should do.

find few reliable people to moderate it(so it will have rotation of mods and it will be kept in check no matter of hour).
Well, I doubt we can find ppl that gonna sit on server while at work hours. There's no hope for that. Still, evening hours seem possible.

But I would not pin them on top. Soldat is a Soldat because every server is different and if you start advertising one it will bury other ones that are good. Instead I would suggest to color-code them. Also create color-tags that will highlight lightly popular servers based on player number, and randomly highlight servers once per week based on suggestions from forum/discord this will advertise other servers and game modes to the new players, because color-tags dont really need explanation, its pure psychology, they click it because it "highlighted", but in the same time it will not put them on top, so players actually will scroll lobby list checking other servers.
Default order by number of players. As hor highlighting - I like the idea. We have the lobby under our control so it's just a new boolean property to be added like:
Code: [Select]
{"featured":true}

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 02:56:44 am »
Well most of people after getting back from work/school just turn on PC even if they dont use it. Admin app run in background so its not like you need to watch it all the time. When you get more people, you should have nice rotation of hours(due to time zone, work/school schedule) so often there would be someone who will be online. Just to check if server is online and there is no problems.
Also you can always give few players minimal moderation tools, like "mute" if they spam chat, ban/unban for 10min and nothing more, just those three commands to keep server clean.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 11:26:59 am »
I suggest 2 nades for public servers and disabling minigun(or contact darDar on discord and use the wm on gather servers where the minigun is completely reworked) may even want to put in a script that limits the amount of m79/barretts on team.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 12:39:53 pm »
I suggest 2 nades for public servers
Yea, 3 is too much IMO.

may even want to put in a script that limits the amount of m79/barretts on team.
But these are noob friendly weapons xD

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 12:32:57 am »
To give some updates, I have partnered with Bonecrusher over the past few weeks to bring Zabijaka back.  We now have CTF1 and CTF2 (both in EU) online, with stats.

CTF1: soldat://138.201.55.232:25140 - Stats: http://stats.jrgp.us/zabijaka1
CTF1: soldat://138.201.55.232:25160 - Stats: http://stats.jrgp.us/zabijaka2

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 09:22:03 am »
To give some updates, I have partnered with Bonecrusher over the past few weeks to bring Zabijaka back.  We now have CTF1 and CTF2 (both in EU) online, with stats.
I'd like to suggest merging stats for for CTF1 and CTF2.

Nice there are no 5 nades and like 80+ minutes long maps anymore xD

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 02:43:09 pm »
I'd like to suggest merging stats for for CTF1 and CTF2.

That's a good idea. I'll make that happen later today ish.

What are your thoughts on adding Zabijaka to other regions, or adding a DM/INF server? The name seems to attract people, but maybe the more pubs we have the less all of them will get used?

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 07:57:52 am »
You can bring back INF server. I don't think that making DM server would be useful, there are already some DM server's and ppl don't play much on them (they play sometimes, but there's no need for a new one). But if it's gonna be also for Steam version - make it! ;)
Adding CTF for USA would be better option I think.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:01:49 am by Ygrek Starmagedon »