Author Topic: Vote kick fails when it comes to trolling players  (Read 4321 times)

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Vote kick fails when it comes to trolling players
« on: January 13, 2018, 01:18:03 pm »
Properly administrated servers are the rarity if not an extincted thing since Zabijaka's shutdown. Players are left only with vote kick which doesn't really work on publics as planned due to the high requirement of votes that has to be casted in order to kick a player.

Consider the following scenario:
- a trolling player in alpha team starts to shot at his teammates with M79/nades in order to block them from capping
- the same trolling player if gets a flag from a dead EFC, hands it to enemy team instead of protecting it or capping
- another player from alpha team calls a vote kick
- bravo team don't care about voting because it's either adventageous for them to have a trolling player in enemy team or they didn't notice it becasue Soldat is quite fast paced, put here any other reason
- a trolling player votes obviously F11
- alpha team votes F12
- there's rought 40% for kicking a trolling player out
- trolling player stays and continues to ruin other players' game for at least 2 next minutes

Default Vote_Percent (if not changed by admin) is 60%. That's pretty sick high. I suggest to change the way it's calculated and add a new rule:

"If a player is voted to leave a server by a team mate and 70% of his team mates vote yes, then a player is kicked."

Would be nice to have it by 1.7.2.

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
Re: Vote kick fails when it comes to trolling players
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 03:28:45 pm »
Totally agreed with that. It's so damn annoying when you try to kick those tking bitches for like 10 minutes/whole map..

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 05:25:05 pm »
lololololo at that scenario ive seen it so many times xDDDD
but cmon u should be able to cope with the trolling .. if u teammate is shootin at you just use it to boost you out of base
or if the flame war is directed at the trollin dude, ignore that and try hard for a while because chat distract some players(both teams)
soldat war theme atleast make it for all kind of wars ... sometimes u dont even need to fire xD

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 05:53:35 pm »
but cmon u should be able to cope with the trolling .. if u teammate is shootin at you just use it to boost you out of base
or if the flame war is directed at the trollin dude, ignore that and try hard for a while because chat distract some players(both teams)
soldat war theme atleast make it for all kind of wars ... sometimes u dont even need to fire xD
I don't play the game to get annoyed with trolling players those are favoured by game because it's very hard to kick them in general.

What use I have from a guy with M79 that uses it with help of nades to push me away from my flag so I can't cap (I'm the EFC)?

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 04:40:03 am »
Like they even shoot at you in way that you can get boosted from it. They nearly always slow you down or push to the opposite direction u want to go...

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 10:47:21 am »
I highly suggest disabling ingame votekick and have a scripted one.

Offline paintZoom

• Major
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 12:25:30 pm »
u guys are total noobs  8)