Author Topic: Dear MM  (Read 34389 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Dear MM
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2018, 01:52:50 pm »
Some people in the "community" shouldYou could take some time and try to figure out why people put some negative charge behind some posts. May have something to do with ignoring, and a very large does of your egocentrism from certain "community leaders".
Please read my other post in this thread were Akinaro suggested the same thing. I addressed the ignoring part as well.

There's such a huge amount lot of ass-licking going on in this community, it's insane. Well, certainly lots of other games and communities has that, and they probably run by the same rules. Which is basically, "admin everyone who's licking your ass", "never punish those who lick your ass" and "never cause any drama is a fellow admin abuses their power". People who are supportive are admins here and they abuse their power.
Just looking at the interactions with one another tells you how fake their relationships are, there's nothing there other than the mutual butt kissing that's been going on for a few years.
Makes sense that admins are supportive people. Maybe try to be supportive as well, it might help. I suggested that in a post above as well. I'll skip the admin abuse part, better address the admins directly for the specific issue (in another thread), vague statements aren't helpful in resolving potential abusive issues.

At least one person on the discord channel has been permanently banned because he "flamed" admins, or talked back at them (telling the admin he sucked at the game), obvoiusly by abusing admin powers to create a situation where the admin can "justify" the ban. Meanwhile, there are hackers who've been caught 3x or more who still are free to play on that channel, pretty much because they've licked enough butt.
The discord chat has it's own rules and a different combination of people administrating it. It is a community run chat. If you have issues with their administration you probably have to talk to them instead.

Hopefully that helps in your pondering of why some people charges their posts with a negative tone.
I don't think you mentioned something I didn't already knew :/
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2018, 02:52:24 pm »
OK, Shoozza finally posted that he made some mistakes etc, but posting on forum isn't what Soldat's need. What it needs are fixes and working hard on update, not complaining about shit and posting shit. If community is toxic... just don't read this damned forum and get to work. Shoozza don't even need to post dev logs himself so... just do it! You gonna post when you reach some milestone of update, then you gonna be like "stfu, look what I done, bye, goin back to work, I don't have time to make toxic drama over there".
Why do you even waste time on posting on this forum? Isn't there anything to do, any updates, fixes? Any work waiting to do for about 7 months? (or if you want, for 10 YEARS) We have there admins to scold us, they don't need to work on anything really important for everyone. You want us to think about some replacement topic or de fuq? Starting to regret that I met you in Soldat. Why do I even need to repeat myself...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:04:57 pm by Ygrek Starmagedon »

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2018, 05:11:37 pm »
Jesus theres a lot of salty little shits here. We get it, Soldats been mistreated for years before, but do you really think bitching about that is going to fix anything? Do something yourself to help Soldat, instead of bitching here 24/7. This is not directed at anyone specifically, but those guilty should know who they are.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2018, 02:30:11 am »
At least go read some posts explaining what's going on, because you clearly missed what's going on. And even your pathetic "fix it yourself" solution don't apply here, as this approach already didn't give good results. So stop bitching 24/7 here u little shit, lul
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:35:33 am by Viral »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2018, 03:27:18 am »
Jesus theres a lot of salty little shits here. We get it, Soldats been mistreated for years before, but do you really think bitching about that is going to fix anything?

You dont get the point, we mentioning that Soldat development was F up for years because we expect changes and fixes in development and all we have are the same people, the same lazy approach, the same "I dont care, leave me alone" attitude from MM and the same bending time and reality of people behind it that pretend that everything is OK.

If for past years current team and development show us that its not capable of pushing Soldat forward and creating proper advertising and community platform for game, its obvious that there need to be personal changes. Even that old and annoying saying that soldat have bad made code is not excuse because for all those years you could rewrite it few times even if you would just spend few minutes per week on it.

Do something yourself to help Soldat, instead of bitching here 24/7. This is not directed at anyone specifically, but those guilty should know who they are.

Are you serious? People spend on this forum hundreds of hours creating concepts, graphics, maps, scripts, posting ideas and suggestions. NONE of that was implemented for all those years. So dont fricking dare to say to all those people to "do something" when for past years they did lots of things and post lots of ideas. Dev team didnt care about it back then and they dont care now. You can right now post whole 100 pages project concept with examples and advertising suggestions and no one will give a damn about it.

In this forum we had probably more than 100 people with talent and willingness to help, but no one care to use them. Now they all gone or are tired of waiting. All what left in those people is bitterness and sadness that Soldat for all those years stuck with devs that dont really cared about fixing game, just look at all updates we had for past years.

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2018, 02:33:32 pm »
At least go read some posts explaining what's going on, because you clearly missed what's going on. And even your pathetic "fix it yourself" solution don't apply here, as this approach already didn't give good results. So stop bitching 24/7 here u little shit, lul

Here is a good example of one of those salty shells that won't let go of the past. No point even arguing with you, go whine more on some other threads.

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2018, 02:43:04 pm »
Jesus theres a lot of salty little shits here. We get it, Soldats been mistreated for years before, but do you really think bitching about that is going to fix anything?

You dont get the point, we mentioning that Soldat development was F up for years because we expect changes and fixes in development and all we have are the same people, the same lazy approach, the same "I dont care, leave me alone" attitude from MM and the same bending time and reality of people behind it that pretend that everything is OK.

If for past years current team and development show us that its not capable of pushing Soldat forward and creating proper advertising and community platform for game, its obvious that there need to be personal changes. Even that old and annoying saying that soldat have bad made code is not excuse because for all those years you could rewrite it few times even if you would just spend few minutes per week on it.

Do something yourself to help Soldat, instead of bitching here 24/7. This is not directed at anyone specifically, but those guilty should know who they are.

Are you serious? People spend on this forum hundreds of hours creating concepts, graphics, maps, scripts, posting ideas and suggestions. NONE of that was implemented for all those years. So dont fricking dare to say to all those people to "do something" when for past years they did lots of things and post lots of ideas. Dev team didnt care about it back then and they dont care now. You can right now post whole 100 pages project concept with examples and advertising suggestions and no one will give a damn about it.

In this forum we had probably more than 100 people with talent and willingness to help, but no one care to use them. Now they all gone or are tired of waiting. All what left in those people is bitterness and sadness that Soldat for all those years stuck with devs that dont really cared about fixing game, just look at all updates we had for past years.

Yes, that is what I meant by "mistreated for years", I've been here long enough to know devs haven't held their end of the deal. Having said that you have an opportunity here to atleast triple the player base. You have a dev team that's atleast made a few promises this time around and seems to be working. If you don't believe in them, then don't post... its not going to help anyone's case. That is all I am saying.

You obviously do care about Soldat, but like you said yourself, you've become one of those people bitter and sad after all these years. Try again, post more ideas, show that you care about the game instead of adding to the negativity.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2018, 02:50:22 pm »
We are insisting on "letting go of the past" and then you come around and tell me to let go of the past? Unless you refer to 2005... But that's kinda long time ago. I think it's high time to change something finally, but some "salty shells" won't let go and would rather defend the current development status rather than make a step forward. Try to look at it from this perspective and then tell us, who is conservative one?
We didn't even started to discuss, you just called everyone retarded and useless xD Pretty ironic that most of the people "whining" here made a lot more than you ever did, so dont play that card here, cause its amusing.

Offline Ratman

• Major(1)
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2018, 11:33:18 pm »
We are insisting on "letting go of the past" and then you come around and tell me to let go of the past? Unless you refer to 2005... But that's kinda long time ago. I think it's high time to change something finally, but some "salty shells" won't let go and would rather defend the current development status rather than make a step forward. Try to look at it from this perspective and then tell us, who is conservative one?
We didn't even started to discuss, you just called everyone retarded and useless xD Pretty ironic that most of the people "whining" here made a lot more than you ever did, so dont play that card here, cause its amusing.

I never said to let go of the past, I said stop complaining about it. I also never directed that initial comment towards you. If you are someone looking to positively change the game then why would you even reply to my comment? Do you just feel the need to start an argument or do you have a guilty conscience?

I never said I support the current development process. I said there is some work being done (which is a good thing) and whining about it like you are isn't going to help speed it up or motivate anyone to do anymore. I'm also not saying let the devs run rampant, but there's a way to ask and discuss that doesn't turn the entire thread into a shitshow.

I also never called anyone retarded, just salty. You seem to enjoy making stuff up. Maybe you have done more for this game than me, maybe not, but that's not the point. This game needs more collaboration and ideas now more than ever.

Offline Viral

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • 123 hi
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2018, 04:59:22 am »
one of those salty shells that won't let go of the past
Yes you did, at least thats how it sounds. The difference between "little shit" and being retarded.. I didn't quote you on calling someone retarded - should've used "insulted" instead, my bad.
You spoke to the part of the community that complains about current situation, so I feel like the part of it and I take that comment personally aswell.
The work being done is not sufficient at all and its been like this for years like this. We had talented people willing to help, but got turned down (you know the rest, so I wont repeat myself).
 I feel like I can complain as much as I want to now, because I expect the dedication that the people opting for OS would provide (at least some of them proved that). I don't care about "new sorting priority" and other meaningless changes. That's now what its needed. Changes like this were present for the past few years and here we are now.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2018, 06:05:41 am »
Wow coconutmilk achieved something, what a day. Wipes tears from my eyes.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2018, 04:11:07 pm »
Hey everybody,
I'm sorry I can't give any official announcement at the moment. For the past 2 weeks I've been talking with Shoozza and a few others from the community. I'm trying to get to know everybody's perspective.
For me, the best solution at the moment would be for Shoozza to continue development and release Soldat on Steam ASAP. We still need to figure out some problems and maybe I can say more about an official decision. I'll try to respond next week.
Thank you everybody for participating in the argument, I'm trying my best to figure this out. I know Soldat is a great game and deserves a great future. But it is a problematic child for me :). So things take time and I don't want to make haphazard decisions, which I've made in the past and I want to avoid that. I'll have more info next week.
Peace <3

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2018, 03:50:05 am »
Another rushed update just for sake of Steam, containing nothing significant for players = check.

That only one chance to hit the market and new players(Steam) spend to release version of game that will literally scare away any new players because of old look and lack of important features = check.

2 week discussion that should be cleared few years ago, and now its a matter of finding balls and make a decision. = check.

Everything is normal people! Nothing to see here, move on. Pretend that everything is ok like you always do!

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2018, 05:06:20 am »
Yeah, putting it back into Falcons or helloers hands would be the best way to go.
A steam release won't do anything for soldat in it's current state... Honestly, I have very little hope for soldat.

It needs a fresh take.

• Soldier
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2018, 09:42:37 am »
Is Soldat advertised/mentioned in other THD games? If not maybe add at least adverts in other games of your own company MM. ;) And also update Soldats official site and Soldats page on THD website aswell. I also mentioned in other thread about making a reference to Butcher in Soldat.

Offline vinteek

• Major(1)
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2018, 02:08:34 pm »
MM I do understand that you want to avoid any official annoucments since it would make you obligated to try and fullfill them but I have few minor issues that I would really like to see your reply.

I just got back into playing like 3 weeks ago or more after being inactive for a long time. Game hasn't changed a bit, there was no new versions so how come we can all experience the drop of quality in gameplay? I mean that eats have increased and some players are so aware of that they arent going to die that they even boost themselves while having almost no HP. So how is it possible that without any official changes game gets worse?

Second question is about taking some official action against that guy Rosenrot who have been broadcasting hack download links and ddosing servers for two days now (and for sure in the past aswell) and is succesfully preventing us to play. I mean Soldat is after all YOUR game and YOUR Transhuman Design studio. Can't you take some legal action against him. Your HQ are located in Poland and last i checked our law makes it possible to puruse him for his doing.

Cheers

Offline RBK

• Major(1)
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2018, 10:01:20 pm »
Hey everybody,
I'm sorry I can't give any official announcement at the moment. For the past 2 weeks I've been talking with Shoozza and a few others from the community. I'm trying to get to know everybody's perspective.
For me, the best solution at the moment would be for Shoozza to continue development and release Soldat on Steam ASAP. We still need to figure out some problems and maybe I can say more about an official decision. I'll try to respond next week.
Thank you everybody for participating in the argument, I'm trying my best to figure this out. I know Soldat is a great game and deserves a great future. But it is a problematic child for me :). So things take time and I don't want to make haphazard decisions, which I've made in the past and I want to avoid that. I'll have more info next week.
Peace <3

NO...... please no.. thats exactly what the community does not want... can you read all the posts from start? Or why you are ignoring them?

This thread isnt about Soldat dying, but Soldat dying coz of developer team (Shoozza) and creator (You). And first thing you do is announce that you was "2weeks talking" with him and he will stay main developer, WOW, what a change that we asked for...Then you say after 2 weeks of talking you dont have anything to say and you will have more info in 1 week.

It has been two weeks after this and nothing, Soldat is in phase where we critically need new developer team and some actions. For last days competive community cant play gathers on discord anymore, because we got ddos attacks again and there is none to solve it...

Our only developer is ignoring the whole community and with his lack of activity is damaging soldat so hard, we tried to tell you in this thread, but looks like you didnt read all the posts or you just dont care or ignore us, I really dont know ..

Shoozzaa could you begin to behave like a developer please, you are ignoring the community, cant show us what are you working on now, any activity or info,talking with people

You are atm useless for soldat as developer since you admired that you dont have enough energy and motivation to work on soldat and money wont change it.

So its time to give your place to someone else, 99% of the community is waiting for it.

I remember back in the days when you actually worked on soldat and fixed things, talked with people on irc etc Shoozza but now you just RAN AWAY from all the problems

trying to release steam fast asap to show that you work on soldat to MM, and then again 10years afk,no ty and it wont save your inactivity and behaviour of past years ..

if you dont believe me read opinions of the rest, it needs big upgrades and work that you wasnt able to do in 10 years, before we can release it on steam lol.

We really need new active developer team, big actions and after that MM can advertise Soldat like a real game.

MM WE WANT SOME ACTION, NOT POINTLESS TALKING AND DELAYING ON FORUMS, STOP IGNORING ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD

Offline SneS

• Soldier
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2018, 04:03:18 am »
Second question is about taking some official action against that guy Rosenrot who have been broadcasting hack download links and ddosing servers for two days now (and for sure in the past aswell) and is succesfully preventing us to play. I mean Soldat is after all YOUR game and YOUR Transhuman Design studio. Can't you take some legal action against him. Your HQ are located in Poland and last i checked our law makes it possible to puruse him for his doing.
Cheers

LOL. I created a topic about this guy and this topic has been removed. The argument is: "Stop write anything about him, because he will get angry and destroy the game completely. Let's pretend everything is fine and nothing happens". Nice community ha-ha-ha. This guy still using the same HWID number (and the same IP range)! He plays every day on public servers - NOBODY BANNED HIM ha-ha-ha-ha :D And then the same people start to cry "someone destroys my server :'("

No comment.

• Soldier
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2018, 02:19:10 pm »
Cheers

LOL. I created a topic about this guy and this topic has been removed. The argument is: "Stop write anything about him, because he will get angry and destroy the game completely. Let's pretend everything is fine and nothing happens". Nice community ha-ha-ha. This guy still using the same HWID number (and the same IP range)! He plays every day on public servers - NOBODY BANNED HIM ha-ha-ha-ha :D And then the same people start to cry "someone destroys my server :'("

No comment.

Yeah, admins pls change that stupid rule. I also would like to see that working:
We know hacks exists, and the people who can are doing things to bring hacking to an end.

SneS, about banning him: this retard is unbanable on HWID, he's emulating sistem and his HWID is changing cause of this... ;(

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2018, 06:28:44 am »
Hi everyone,
I've been doing lots of talking back between some of the members of the community, and of course Shoozza.
For now I have decided that the best option is to continue development by Shoozza and release Soldat on Steam.
A rough estimate is the end of April, but please don't think this is set in stone, because there are many variables here.
None of the dev team is doing this for money and they have other responsibilities. So please be patient.
We all want the best for Soldat but it's not so easy as it seems.

In other news:
- Fryer is helping with the flood fix
- Shoozza is moving things forward and L[one]R is doing devlogs, so check that
- I'll be posting an announcement for a trailer contest.
Anyone that wants to contribute by making a video promoting Soldat which will be used on the Steam storefront has a chance to participate.

That's all for now,
Have fun and be nice :)