Author Topic: Dear MM  (Read 34401 times)

Offline ginn

• Camper
Re: Dear MM
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2018, 06:59:28 am »
Had Falcon been left in charge, or if helloer had become dev-lead, we would probably have had a 2ndary client for match making by now.

Please reconsider delaying steam by another year in favor of actually having a shot of soldat being renoticed by players. Soldat being released as is will do nothing to the player count, without match making, and without a good UI (2nd client), nobody will care to try this game. Also, some form of anti-cheat is required.
Monsteris graphical art afaik won't ever happen, due to disputes... While it was nice, it's not quite as essential to soldat as the other things.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:02:24 am by ginn »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2018, 09:16:50 am »
I've been doing lots of talking back between some of the members of the community, and of course Shoozza.
For now I have decided that the best option is to continue development by Shoozza and release Soldat on Steam.
A rough estimate is the end of April, but please don't think this is set in stone, because there are many variables here.
Damn... more than month of talking and we still have the same situation:
1. Rushed update of buggy and not prepared game just for sake of steam
2. The same, well known lazy development that dont really change anything from player perspective, especially in terms of game quality and speed.
3. Lack of balls to make any proper decisions, just simple and easy moving problems aside.

None of the dev team is doing this for money and they have other responsibilities. So please be patient.
Obvious thing is obvious. Soldat is not only game made for free in free time, and other projects actually do something visible, Soldat weirdly for years make maybe one small step to be prepared for such even as releasing game on steam, that I hope I dont need to remind you, its one time chance for game. If game is not prepared for it(and Soldat is not) it will get small hype for month-two and you end with the same situation as now.

Also if you really care about Soldat that put you where you are now, maybe its time to change strategy for it?
Start treating Soldat as a Game, not weekend project for few random people from forum? Get proper team, find help from other places, invest in that game and advertising, even small money and put it on top of the work list?
You realize that Soldat have huge potential with its gameplay, and all you really need to do is just make it look better, fix some problems with netcode and add few modern features that today players need. Rest is just advertising. I can bet my dog that if you would do this Soldat would hit market really nicely, even with paid features. Even those small bugs and constant WM war is nothing compared to other games problems, even hacking is not that big compared to other games. Its not more visible just because there is less players.

We all want the best for Soldat but it's not so easy as it seems.
I dont think so, If that would be true, past 10 years would be used properly and now we would not discuss anything here beside how much fin we got in last play.

- I'll be posting an announcement for a trailer contest.
Anyone that wants to contribute by making a video promoting Soldat which will be used on the Steam storefront has a chance to participate.
There is no one here, who gonna contribute? People who had time and talent are long time gone, and those few who check forum are not gonna spend time doing anything for game when they know that nothing they made will be used in any way.

Please tell us sincerely MM that you believe that Soldat in current stage is prepared for Steam and its quality, development and advertising is good to get new players. Go on, please. We are waiting.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:20:00 am by Akinaro »

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2018, 02:56:24 am »
A rough estimate is the end of April, but please don't think this is set in stone, because there are many variables here.

We know. End of April = the day when the new release date will be revealed... Like always.

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2018, 10:54:06 am »

We know. End of April = the day when the new release date will be revealed... Like always.

Chill out guys, he didn't wrote that IT WILL happen for sure in the end of April! XD At least no lying this time.

Offline ShioN

• Major(1)
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2018, 02:04:38 pm »
Hi everyone,
I've been doing lots of talking back between some of the members of the community, and of course Shoozza.
For now I have decided that the best option is to continue development by Shoozza and release Soldat on Steam.
None of the dev team is doing this for money and they have other responsibilities. So please be patient.
We all want the best for Soldat but it's not so easy as it seems.

In other news:
- Fryer is helping with the flood fix
- Shoozza is moving things forward and L[one]R is doing devlogs, so check that
- I'll be posting an announcement for a trailer contest.
Anyone that wants to contribute by making a video promoting Soldat which will be used on the Steam storefront has a chance to participate.

That's all for now,
Have fun and be nice :)

urra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#NewWaveSoldat
 8)

Offline Moroes

• Soldier
    • Soldat-Game.eu
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2018, 02:16:50 pm »
Nah, It's definitelly gonna be on the 1st of April because 1.7.2 is a joke.

Offline Denacke

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Soldier
  • Cake!
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2018, 05:15:49 am »
I think we all know what to expect by now when promises are made...

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2018, 07:24:49 am »

exactly xD

Offline MrHamsTR

• Soldier
  • One day, everything will end..
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2018, 08:41:34 am »

Hahahahaha I just laughed at that promise part sorry bro, it is not personal but when I see promise and shoozza together, a hard laugh burst out from my throat :D
Is there anybody can write script?
Good, go and play soldat ^^

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2018, 02:58:01 am »
I promise you that I put 100 monkeys in a room with just one computer, and they will fix all Soldat problems in less than 10 years! Beat that devs!

Offline BountyG

• Major(1)
  • freestyle lifestyle
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2018, 07:13:29 am »
Hope never dies... Save soldat  :'(
I got addicted in 2004. Tried to quit, but I can't...

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2018, 03:28:00 pm »
I can get back into doing graphics work and hopefully revive the efforts to completely remake (visually) all popular default maps, but I'm putting it off until solid progress is being made development-wise (Steam release at the minimum), and until it's clear that Soldat has a future. Considering how slow the progress is right now, and how many times the hopes have been shattered in the past, I don't want to dedicate a lot of time and effort only for it to get nowhere.

It's also unfortunate that I'm not the only one who feels that way. We have a lot of talented contributors on these forums who abandoned their efforts because they got sick of such slow pace of development and/or have personal grudges against the leadership. My hope is that open-sourcing will eliminate most of the development's hoops and loops, and offer people enough freedom to be interested again.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:30:15 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2018, 03:57:05 pm »
it's just embarrassing to read all this.. end this game already

Offline You Got Served!

• Major(1)
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2018, 04:36:45 pm »
Fortunately, not everyone harbours such pessimism & contempt for this magnificent game.

Long live Soldat!

<3

Offline Coconutmilk

• Major
  • \m/&amp;gt;.&amp;lt;\m/ Rock on!!!!!!!!
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2018, 03:37:30 pm »
XD

Offline koooka

• Major(1)
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2018, 11:08:13 am »
It's nice to see that Shoozza thought about this thread and works hard and informs us about progress! KEEP WORKING :D

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2018, 01:08:51 pm »
It's nice to see that Shoozza thought about this thread and works hard and informs us about progress! KEEP WORKING :D

:-X ???

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2018, 05:11:12 am »

savage, 5/7 with friend rice.
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline Hubiq

• Soldier
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2018, 05:36:19 am »
The end of April is coming so it's time for information:

Next "new release date": May 31.
  :)

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2018, 04:35:31 pm »
Not really!
but it's 2019, not some 2018! Damn people, get used. Never mentioned any year over there...
XD