Soldat Talk > Weapon Balance Discussion

M79 vulnerability to spawners

(1/4) > >>

machina:
Can someone explain why M79 has unloaded bullet? There is no other weapon with such unique property. I really would like to hear why the fuck.

nosejj:
If I understood you correctly, you spawn with loading the bullet when you pick m79. But isn't it kind of the same thing with Barret? It takes approximately 3 seconds for both guns to be loaded upon spawn. :3

machina:

--- Quote from: nosejj on February 27, 2018, 02:28:47 am ---If I understood you correctly, you spawn with loading the bullet when you pick m79. But isn't it kind of the same thing with Barret? It takes approximately 3 seconds for both guns to be loaded upon spawn. :3

--- End quote ---
Yea, Barrett has FireInterval even a bit longer than M79's ReloadTime but it's able to shoot at any distance unlikely to M79. So, if there is a Barrett camping at a spawn spot that is in open area then a situation for a M79 user is more difficult.

Still, I'm seeking an answer for a reason why was M79 scripted to be unloaded on spawn moment. "But there's Barrett" is not an answer.

nosejj:
Well, Barret is though another weapon that takes shitload of time to be useful at a re-spawn situation, so I just put it out there.

Well, it's perfectly fine for a weapon to have advantages and disadvantages, all of them are flawed in a way. One has to learn to use each.
Anyway, there are some players that are so good with M79 boosts (with nade as well sometimes) and Knife combo. So get good, or go home. :D
(This is referred to high level 3v3 competitive CTF matches).

The official reason? I don't know and I don't think any official developer from way back will tell you why they decided this.
So asking this in an all worked up kinda way ("...to hear why the fuck") is pretty useless in this case. How about trying instead to inflict a real change in WM? ;)

urraka:
I suppose it's to avoid making it over powered in a respawn situation. Think... what other weapons can you shoot instantly upon respaw that would kill with one shot? Chainsaw. LAW, maybe (not sure if it has delay to shoot but looks pretty instant). Chainsaw is very limited in range, though, and LAW you have to crouch. And with both you have to switch to secondary. So that leaves M79 the only instakill weapon on respawn. And you can also use it to boost. That reload time might be enough for some to boost thier way to enemy base. So, I don't know if these are the reasons they had for it, but as I see it, it makes a lot of sense to have the bullet unloaded on respawn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version