Official Content > News

Official Soldat Trailer Contest (deadline - 30th May 2018)

(1/14) > >>

Michal Marcinkowski:

Hello there Soldat boys and girls!

I am glad to present to you a contest for the creation of the Official Soldat Trailer! As you all might know, Soldat is on its way to being released on Steam!
That is why Soldat needs a slick, high standard, top quality video to serve as a game trailer, both for steam and to replace Soldat's Facebook cover photo with an awesome video.

So we are looking for you creative individuals for the task!

Prize
While having your video art featured on Steam and exposed to the masses is already a great prize, an additional prize of $150USD will be transferred to the winner through PayPal!

Deadline
30th May 2018.

Guidelines
* Quality: 4KHD preferably.
* Music: licensed for free re-use (Soldat music can be used)
* Content: Fast paced game-play that gives a good understanding of what Soldat includes: kills, flag-throws, teamwork, bloodbath, nade-boosts, fast and agile movement. Basically anything that can be good advertising for the game.
* Time: 30-90 secs. Short trailers are better, it shouldn't be boring at any point.
* Facebook: In Facebook the video may be between 20 to 90 seconds, while the recommended resolution written in Facebook is 820x462.
* Soldat Settings: Non-modified Soldat (recommended: hide death-log and any unnecessary bloat from the screen).
* Judging and disclaimer: The winner will be picked by MM along with people from THD. We reserve the right to not pick any winner if the quality doesn't satisfy us. Do your best!

Inspiration
* BUTCHER's Official Trailer
* Warsow's Official Trailer
* Soldat Films Presenting ctf_Pod (by rgnr)
* The Beauty of CTF (by evhO)
* Bunch of Control's videos (4K): 1, 2, 3 (Quality is great, and displays quick action. However the flickering and over-use of FX is an overkill at least for Official Trailer).

Good luck to everyone!

nosejj:

Read on Reddit
Repost on Facebook

Thize:
Dear Michal, can you give me your PayPal mail? I'd like to add another 20USD to the prize pool. :)

nosejj:
Also, this video might be useful to give a perspective on marketing aspects of a game trailer on Steam.

duz:
I'm in. Hell yeah.  ;) [fist]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version