Author Topic: Interfaces - Delete them before Steam release  (Read 9010 times)

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
Interfaces - Delete them before Steam release
« on: April 30, 2018, 07:47:40 am »
All interfaces: https://imgur.com/a/eDKXgjP (4K screenshots)

JOKE list (delete asap):
Military
Predator (cool cursor idea)
Storm

UGLY list (we can fix it):
Text (bad image quality, the texts needs repositioning)
Soldat Style (ammo part overlaps the big texts)
Tech (not that bad, but low image quality)
Lacey (low image quality, bullet count needs needs repositioning)
Cabbage (bullet image, weapon name and bullet count needs repositioning)
Classic (bad image quality)

I suggest to stick with just 3 interfaces for the Steam release. I bet no one would take a time (not nowadays ;)) to fix all the ugly interfaces.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:34:46 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Re: Interfaces - Delete them before Steam release
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 09:51:50 am »
Default + Cabbage, SoldatStyle, Micro - have a potential to be all featured. Just someone needs to hd'ify those things.

I made and used a modified version of Micro for a long time, and I think it can be really great for default, if edited properly.

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 05:09:06 am »
There is also this interface https://soldat.pl/pl/screenshots/ showed in most screens, but obviously it's not in the game! XD It's really cool. I think that the classic interface shouldn't be used anymore, cause it won't be even classic after remake. And the idea of predator interface is amazing, but idk why they made it so bad - it need to be completely remade.

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 05:34:19 am »
There is also this interface https://soldat.pl/pl/screenshots/ showed in most screens, but obviously it's not in the game! XD It's really cool.

https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44120.0

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 07:06:50 am »
Yeah thanks, but it's odd when you see this interface on screens on official page and it's not in the game. ;d Well, I think that all Calp's HD interfaces should be added to Soldat sooner or later :D

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 07:43:36 am »
Yeah thanks, but it's odd when you see this interface on screens on official page and it's not in the game. ;d Well, I think that all Calp's HD interfaces should be added to Soldat sooner or later :D
Its by Akinaro and L[one]R.
Its nice but can be improved still

Offline CCalp

• Global Moderator
  • Soldier
  • calp (SN)
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 05:03:43 pm »
Yes, you are more than welcome to include my interfaces in the official Soldat version. As said correctly, LineShadows was not created by me, but I reckon Akinaro & L[0ne]R would agree also.
Apart from that, you might consider adding one of my minimalistic HD interfaces:
Simplex - https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44063.0
Noname - https://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44062.0

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 05:30:52 am »
These interfaces you mentioned are most iconic and soldat style, they were through all game revisions, have good pixelart quality with being part of history to this game and leaving them would mean it's no longer this game, only on this engine.  Even  new redrawed weapons and new default interface are lacking original feel to the point I thought it's Unity now or Flash game so playing on classic mod now. Experience with sound, graphics, including how interface looks or crosshair is part of your  general in-game behaviour, aim, tactics etc so it's not a simple thing throw in - throw out or aesthetics only.

However one of these that could be included in game is LineShadows. ;p
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:35:38 am by Henito Kisou »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 09:10:52 am »
windows 95 is also iconic but it doesnt mean that we need to use it... We talk here about interfaces that NO ONE use. like raise your hand if you used those interfaces for longer time in past 100 years... No one?  Just like I expected.

If someone have weird physical feelings toward those styles nothing is stopping them from just back them up/download them and use. I can bet my both legs that any new player will just laugh looking at those styles, not even thinking about using them for longer than 10second where they just select it to get more laugh from it.

As for new redrawed weapons and default interface... why you didnt complain when they where made?
I dont have anything to it personally, but its part of never-ending lack of devs ideas how to unify soldat look. No one really know if game should be more cartoonish, more realistic or pixelated like indie games few years ago. Some of things in game look like free assets from unity store or old flash game because there is no specific guidelines for game style, and "what someone do, will be used as far as it look good".

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 11:01:51 am »
You could still download and use the ones we decide to remove

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 11:29:41 am »
Default + Cabbage, SoldatStyle, Micro - have a potential to be all featured. Just someone needs to hd'ify those things.

I made and used a modified version of Micro for a long time, and I think it can be really great for default, if edited properly.

Somebody please HDify this! Best interface in Soldat's history.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:31:41 am by nosejj »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 01:00:47 pm »

Somebody please HDify this! Best interface in Soldat's history.

Here are quick graphics for it, but someone have to stick it together because Im to lazy to download interface maker and align it -_-
Compared to literally 10min to make those graphics, align all that would probably take ages because I dont remember at all how IM even work...

Also that zip doesnt exactly look like in screenshot...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:02:48 pm by Akinaro »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 05:06:04 pm »
Cool interface. Unfortunately the lack of improvements (not your fault) around the fire icon and texts (weap/ammo) takes the chance of this interface to be perfect.

Do we still need the fire icon? People actually look at the interface to see if they're ready to shoot again?
That way of monitoring this thing is a bit outdate/distracting for me. I'm removing the fire icon of my interfaces since 2006.

Your interface would look flawless if we could change the font of the interface texts and the size of each text.
PS: I've tried to align Akinaro's images but I get angry every time I have to mess with these "scale interface" (plus mod.ini) things :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:17:04 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 05:23:03 pm »
Cool interface. Unfortunately the lack of improvements (not your fault) around the fire icon and texts (weap/ammo) takes the chance of this interface to be perfect.

Do we still need the fire icon? People actually look at the interface to see if they're ready to shoot again?
That way of monitoring this thing is a bit outdate/distracting for me. I'm removing the fire icon of my interfaces since 2006.

Your interface would look flawless if we could change the font of the interface texts and the size of each text.
PS: I've tried to align Akinaro's images but I get angry every time I have to mess with these "scale interface" (plus mod.ini) things :(

You mean the "empty" bar below my ammunition amount? I use it, otherwise I'd just get rid of it.

I couldn't load it good as well using (1920*1080). :(

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 05:34:34 pm »
About redrawed interface and weapons: I left this place for several years and didn't played or touched this game until now, not only that my favourite gun got butchered and nerfed on gameplay level for balance reasons but I'll manage. ;p

Military, Predator and Storm are definitely not that bad although the only redeeming point of Military is that ammo clip mechanic, weakest of all big three. The other unique is Tech where indeed graphics could look smoother and sharper. Text is the weakest of all due to obstructive large image but features rarely used option to display numbers instead of graphics. Classic... I know it comes from very early versions so I'm not quite fond of it, it could be better if older default could replace it just like we now get 'classic' mod preinstalled with game for old weapons experience
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:38:11 pm by Henito Kisou »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 05:49:31 pm »
Using IntMkr2 - https://i.imgur.com/0xMAF8v.png
Ingame (1080p) - https://i.imgur.com/SelwVmm.png

Using IntMkr64 - https://i.imgur.com/pzxI8UI.png
Ingame (1080p) - https://i.imgur.com/rU7Jyqc.png

;D :'( :'( :'( ??? ??? :-X

Edit: I quit. After 40 minutes trying to understand and make the interface/intmaker work, I can say that this is another thing that needs some attention before the Steam release.
First, the Soldat.pl shows just the old intmaker which don't support bigger resolutions and is outdated, useless app. The mod.ini and all the scale interface thing is confusing. There's also no guidelines on the mod.ini to help you (you have to read the forum/wiki - not even the link for the forum/wiki guidelines). You can't generate and manage the mod.ini using the int.maker, you can't create a new interface (the 'new' button is disabled) using the latest syavx intmaker and you can't reload the images while adjusting a new interface, you have to reopen the app.

This discourages anyone who wants to help. Embarrassing.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:47:01 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
Awards

Offline dst

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 06:41:59 pm »
You mean the "empty" bar below my ammunition amount? I use it, otherwise I'd just get rid of it.

best of both worlds

I can say that this is another thing that needs some attention before the Steam release.

the whole interface system needs a full rework. it's too limited for creating anything else than basic bars and too complicated for people to get into modding them
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:45:02 pm by dst »

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 07:19:44 pm »

best of both worlds

I can say that this is another thing that needs some attention before the Steam release.

the whole interface system needs a full rework. it's too limited for creating anything else than basic bars and too complicated for people to get into modding them

Wow, this one is even better than nosejj's! (besides, I think that also Calp's NoName is better, too [you should think maybe of some name for it for Steam release xd]) ;D

Interfaces need remaking to HD or people would just delete the game after seeing this shiet. XD We need only several interfaces for release, other can be added later on as HD remakes; nothing don't really need to be deleted forever from game(BESIDES THAT CLASSIC ONE XD), just for some time.

About making the old default as classic interface - good idea, cabbage would be also good as it (I used it all the time from 1.5 to 1.6.9).

About using those bad looking interfaces XD - I used them!!! Like before steam release (when I saw new default so nice compared to old ones I instantly stopped using them, but now I'm bored with it xd) & for some hours after this topic started to check what I can take from each to add to those better looking ones: now I have only Soldat Style (with some recolouring and ping dot from cabbage), Tech with predators aim and micro's back and cursor etc and Lacey v2 with only the ping dot from cabbage. Only those 3 + Calp's 3 interfaces (changed some stuff between the other versions of the same interfaces).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 07:28:49 pm by Ygrek Starmagedon »

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 06:40:40 am »

best of both worlds

Dusty?

That's a really good idea actually. Is that a mock-up or an actual functioning interface with an ammunition bar which also serves as the fire-bar?
Nice job nevertheless.

Offline dst

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 04:10:38 pm »
Is that a mock-up or an actual functioning interface with an ammunition bar which also serves as the fire-bar?
Nice job nevertheless.

thanks, it's what i've been using for the past ?? years, though i think every interface i have released work the same way.
i've attached it in the post but i don't think it works for other resolutions than 1280x720. the top row (weapon names, nades) seems to be off by a pixel or two so it doesn't look as good as it should
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:24:56 pm by dst »