Author Topic: Make AK great again!  (Read 5852 times)

Offline ||KruZ3us

• Major(1)
  • Work it out till it perks out!
Make AK great again!
« on: May 11, 2018, 11:30:33 pm »
Just wondering why we terrorists dont get our gun buffed at all!

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
Re: Make AK great again!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 06:04:12 am »
I know ak-74 was nerfed, but yesterday I was playing with my friend, he was using AK and he owned everyone with it on zabijaka and on K!ng's Survival, so I think that it just needs skills. ;D

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 05:53:40 pm »
I know ak-74 was nerfed, but yesterday I was playing with my friend, he was using AK and he owned everyone with it on zabijaka and on K!ng's Survival, so I think that it just needs skills. ;D
Maybe it was him encountering noobs instead being skilled. AK is nerfed and it's been told for many times.

You've got one example that AK isn't lowerpowered. Here's some actual statistics:

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 02:05:45 am »
Here's some actual statistics:

Funny because those ACTUAL statistics are not related to AK at all, its just statistic showing how many kills where made using specific gun...

By your reasoning and by that statistic we can say that LAW is weak and nerfed because its almost at the end of list... even if its one-shoot kill gun... You see the flaw in your reasoning here?

As for AK it self, it is weak, but its not that bad, in my opinion is should be really just slower styer but with more punch and spread... just like real AK....
And saying like "Maybe it was him encountering noobs instead being skilled." Are just hilarious joke... like yeah, he played with noobs because he didnt played with you or other specific player? Like everyone who play in public are noobs and should not be looked at? -_-

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 04:47:48 am »
The graph shows that people don't pick AK, and that's still relevant
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:49:37 am by homerofgods »

Offline Akinaro

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 09:01:13 am »
... seriously? They also dont pick USSOCOM, that its OP. Looking at this stats, they also dont pick combat knife even if its very popular, just like chainsaw. Prised by everyone Styer is in the middle... if its so awesome like most people say and use in gather... why its in the middle?

Those stats dont show ANYTHING related to question if specific gun is nerfed or OP.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 12:48:58 pm »
What I mean is that AK is "weaker" that 3 Secondary Weapons. It shouldn't be placed there. It should be above all of 4 SW - not just SOCOM. This trend shows that AK isn't picked by people bc it sucks at killing. Unfortunately, I don't have a praph representing this data from before a WM update but I'm 100% sure AK wasn't mixed at the bottom with SWs.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 05:13:26 pm »
By your reasoning and by that statistic we can say that LAW is weak and nerfed because its almost at the end of list... even if its one-shoot kill gun... You see the flaw in your reasoning here?
Do you expect to any secondary gun to be used more than the primary guns? This don't make any sense.

... seriously? They also dont pick USSOCOM, that its OP. Looking at this stats, they also dont pick combat knife even if its very popular, just like chainsaw. Prised by everyone Styer is in the middle... if its so awesome like most people say and use in gather... why its in the middle?
They pick USSOCOM and KNIFE, but they're using the primary guns more often than the secondary guns. Simple.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:15:22 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline dst

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 06:11:41 pm »
You've got one example that AK isn't lowerpowered. Here's some actual statistics:

this could act as guidelines but i think Akinaro is right in that the stats don't necessarily prove much. people on pubs tend to play whatever they find the most fun, not what's best suited for the given situation. of course the killing power plays a great part in what one considers fun but there's more to it than just that.

i believe the base for the weapon balance should be the competitive ctf mode, not random publics. the barrett and the m79 are great examples, in order for them to lose their popularity on pubs they'd need to be massively nerfed to the point of being unusable. people will use these weapons because they are fun, same goes for the one shot secondaries.

Offline Ygrek Starmagedon

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 06:37:54 pm »
Ppl on zabijaka don't pick AK probably 'cause they can't kill a guy with steyr on mid range or with hk on close with it (not even mentioning meeting m79 and barret) without skill... this is obvious. Maybe just let some pros try it on pub for some days/1 week then you will get answer if it needs skills or buffing if you don't like me saying this. ;p
How can you state that one weapon is more op than other just by the amount of kills when you know that ak isn't even picked often and those secondary weaps are?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:44:33 pm by Ygrek Starmagedon »

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 06:55:07 pm »
Seriously. You can analize those things at the gathers. 3v3, a lot of 1v1s at some routes and situations. Saves time and gives you the exact result. You'll see guys at the same level (sometimes the highest level you can find nowadays) fighting each other. On pubs you fight random guys. I'll never know if the guy that is using an AK and dying to me is skilled enough to compare anything.

I'm not playing gathers or at the competitive scene anymore, but I know everyone who's playing over there knows which guns wins some gunfights. It's like each player has a huge database of information provided of these 1v1 situations. Playing 3v3s is basically winning the 1v1 situations and capturing the flag through this gap.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 06:56:52 pm by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 05:52:44 am »
Ok, I played some time with AK for now and from my observation playing with it is more relaxing, it has more ammo and bigger stopping power so even if you get less accuraccy you are unstoppable in direct confrontation against any close-range to mid-range weapon. Playing with Steyr is more stressful because not only you have less ammo and need every shot count but the quicker you shoot the more aim you lose, you need self-control all the time. And don't get me on that Steyr vs AK because clearly AK wins here in face to face confrontation, AK shoots at bigger distance and you can aim more precisely due to slower but more powerful bursts. A bit of matter of practice, but I might agree it's easier to play for dedicated Steyr user with AK than someone who played AK through all game versions and now having hard time to adapt.

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 09:53:59 am »
players of AK it was too difficult for dar dar and be weakened, also barrett it was too difficult and be bosted ahahahhahahaahaha

Offline soldat-game

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 09:56:55 am »
Maybe it was him encountering noobs instead being skilled. AK is nerfed and it's been told for many times.

grenades depends only on whether the server has active granadekite and how much max granade is available statistics are not influential.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 02:22:35 pm »
AK just harder to aim, which is why it will not be used on public mode. Some maps it is very good on without any issue :)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat