Author Topic: soldathq.com - Soldat Files & Downloads  (Read 12567 times)

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
Re: SoldatHQ
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 10:55:34 am »
Do you guys have any ideas/suggestions towards these scripts or the site?
I think MAD might be better if it listed the maps like this. Notice the sorting, tiny overview clip, pagination, multiple site themes, etc.
I'm in support of this (but probably more like 50 per page, and only display screenshots of people who have uploaded screenshots for it or something like that (wouldn't work well with the tons of maps tho)), but due to the number of pages, you could have a filter up top by map name, file size, physical size of the map, etc.

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 02:20:43 pm »
(Just noticed a search for db_ will include ctf_Stupidblum...  :-\)
Try using RegExp (click advance under search box and change search type) and it will work ;)

Do you guys have any ideas/suggestions towards these scripts or the site?
I think MAD might be better if it listed the maps like this. Notice the sorting, tiny overview clip, pagination, multiple site themes, etc.
I'm in support of this (but probably more like 50 per page, and only display screenshots of people who have uploaded screenshots for it or something like that (wouldn't work well with the tons of maps tho)), but due to the number of pages, you could have a filter up top by map name, file size, physical size of the map, etc.
Hey Curt, havent spoken to you in ages... Hows your scripts going? :)
Yeah uploading screenshots wouldnt work :/ as there would have to be some kind of moderator... meaning it wouldnt be automated anymore...
Ok I might add pagination later on... but I still dont get the point of browsing through hundreds of pages, when you could just search for a map  ???

Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 03:20:50 pm »
Ok I might add pagination later on... but I still dont get the point of browsing through hundreds of pages, when you could just search for a map  ???
In that case, at least make the master map list page generate faster than it does now, you may even consider caching that page altogether so you don't have to wait for it to generate.

And if your main intention is being able to search for a map easily, make it so you've got an ornate little AJAX search box and when you start typing a map's name, results start coming up below it which you can click on and select with the up and down arrow keys. (think of how google, yahoo, and facebook do it) And once you've got this set up, make it so you have to specifically click something to get to the huge maps list instead of being forced into it.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Frenchie

• Camper
  • SoldatHQ
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 05:50:58 am »
In that case, at least make the master map list page generate faster than it does now, you may even consider caching that page altogether so you don't have to wait for it to generate.

And if your main intention is being able to search for a map easily, make it so you've got an ornate little AJAX search box and when you start typing a map's name, results start coming up below it which you can click on and select with the up and down arrow keys. (think of how google, yahoo, and facebook do it) And once you've got this set up, make it so you have to specifically click something to get to the huge maps list instead of being forced into it.
Yes I might cache the full map list :p

But I really like that AJAX search box idea :D Ill look into that.

I'm interested, because there already is a specific link to get the whole map list, how are you 'forced' into it?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 05:53:37 am by Frenchie »
Soldat Lobby Avec Players -New Release! - Updated AGAIN!