Soldat Maps & Mapmaking > CTF/INF maps

[CTF] Blood for the Blood God

<< < (2/4) > >>

Aeronic:
Ugh, I had an issue where I had to replace that "missing" scenery file and I named it incorrectly.  Thanks for pointing this out, other feedback I'd seen showed other people must have still been using the old graphic!

I've replaced the attachment and adjusted the download link accordingly, but if you've already downloaded the map you can simply rename ay-crystal to ay_crystal and you should be good to go. 

As for the other issues:

1. The only people who've had difficulty seeing the statue in the past in my experience had animated scenery or background scenery disabled.  It's not animated, but it is background.  I didn't realise this would be a problem when making the map, and will make sure all necessary scenery files are not set to be in the back in the next revision.  It looks like you're missing some other key graphics, too. 

3. As for the uneven texturing, I didn't even think anyone would bother to notice, but you're right.  I will improve that in a future revision. 

4. Could you describe what you mean in more detail?  Those platforms on either side of the missing graphic crystal should simply have higher poly count to make them look better? 

Aeronic:
I've made some further changes, hopefully doing enough to address your concerns. 

Scenery instances are now properly set so that people who have disabled background scenery from loading will be able to see all important ones, and can now actually be able to properly play the map. 

There are some other tweaks and fixes as well, e.g. some minor poly adjustments, adding nades to roof of the top route, etc.. 

Copied the alterations over to the hns version, too. 

Let me know how it turns out :)

homerofgods:
That middle statue is the coolest thing I've seen in Soldat in a while :) https://i.imgur.com/sOXPruY.png
We have this statue where I work btw (Colosseum Cinema) https://i.imgur.com/UxMM1wi.jpg

If I wanted to give further feedback this might be it:

1.Make the ground lighter perhaps to get more contrast between the awsum background and the ground you're walking on
2.Make the slope on each side slippery so that you can slide over to the other side. You can even do some visuals on that (maybe some toxic waste or sewers leaking out of some pipes on each side)

Aeronic:
(New version uploaded)

Hey, thanks for the further feedback.  Cool statue :)  I'd already thought of colouring the ramp area, it needed that so good spot.  I've also included your suggestion for the icy polys, seems like something good for the HNS version even if it proves too fast for CTF, but it's there in both for now. 

I never felt comfortable with how the middle area of the map was in the first release version.  Had some time recently, so I've made some big changes, greatly opening the map up, and I think it plays a lot better as a result so far. 

There are numerous other tweaks, including not being able to walk through the pipe on the forward spawn locations, visual changes, improved waypoints, etc.. 

Check it out ;)

Aeronic:
Another smaller update. 

Mostly includes visual enhancements, but also some bug fixes and minor tweaks as well.  The HNS version is further diverged from the CTF map, with a couple of jump pads further increasing movement opportunities in the bases, and a bloody waterfall in the middle of the map because why not (credit: Crasher's Junglefall map). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version