Author Topic: ideas for weapons  (Read 1915 times)

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
ideas for weapons
« on: September 03, 2006, 03:09:54 pm »
when you create a map you would decide that weapons could be used in it, (type, if the player wanted to make a map alone of barret, or one alone of smg) and to place the possibility to have weapons in the soil when you she initiated the map

it would be good for adding to a weapon with the option of bust fire (former. garil) and a tactical shield similar to the one of cs.1.6

sorry, I am using a translator xD

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: ideas for weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 05:14:50 pm »
I dislike the first idea.  It would bring complications.

Burst fire would be a-okay, but tactical shields?  Nah...

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Lucky

• Major(1)
  • Lucky
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 11:30:31 pm »
I would like the tactical shield alot, in fact that would be awsome.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 03:35:15 am »
I disagree with all of it, no offends.
One thing, amongst many, that makes soldat great, is that you never know what comes ahead. Well, I mean in terms of a possible sniper or perhaps an AK'er. I just don't think it'd be that interresting. Ever tried a Barret only server? Woah, talk about boredom. It's fun in 5 minutes, then the happyness is instantly killed. Sorry, I just don't go for this one.

Burstfire, eh? Well, It's an interresting idea, but I don't really see the use for it. In normal mode you have to pump half your clip into a soldat before he dies, that's 15 bullets. Imagine if you had to push the fire-key 15 times, let alone hit with all of them, in order to kill? That'd be rather useless against someone just holding down the button with a fill automatic weapon. I vote no.

About the tactical shield, I'm not sure I fully understand what exactly that is, unless you mean that shield you can only wear alongside a secondary. If so, I must negate this one as well. It's been suggested before, and it's been declined just as many times. This simply isn't suitable for soldat. Sorry buddy.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline PeteBone

• Soldier
  • Son of a b*tch!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 10:12:22 am »
omg, i absolutly agree with the first option, each team with each weapon, i wanted make one time thinking about that too, blue team uses ussocom,streur,knife,minimi and red team using ak.74,deagles,law,chainsaw. <-- example xD
but would be ver cool.
shield, cool idea too, but like a bonus, but already have the vest... on the weapons menu i think everybody gonna choose shield heh :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 10:14:19 am by PeteBone »

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 12:30:26 pm »
but the shield would have a resistance (as it was a bar of life), that after taking some shots it would break.  or, it so would function with the lowered soldier or lying (similar to law) and the bar of resistance would recharge with the time (type the bar of Jet)

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 12:52:07 pm »
i like the idea of the shield, and i supported it when it was suggested last time, but i dont htink it has enough support to ever be implemented
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline CaptainDamnit

• Major
  • Al Roker need brains!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 07:09:28 am »
You can just go into options and cancel out the ones you dont like. But then again you need to change it back...
Burst's are always nice.
In 2d the sheild would just be a DarkGrey Line.
Current State: Partially Dead

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 08:03:04 am »
Nice thoughts, but I have to say no to all of them. The first one is complicated...ish
Burst would be nice, but eh.....and sheilds...isnt that what bullet-proof vests are for?

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 01:31:01 pm »
Wouldn't mind this at all. Still, the tactical shield is not soldat. Notice the word Tactical.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 12:59:16 am »
Soldat is a rather tactical game at the right level of play (after a certain level, a tactic or strategy can be the deciding factor between 2 teams of equal brawn)

Burst fire is achievable with a slight tweaking of the WM

Tactical shields, however, would drastically slow down the game play, with it being nothing more then a simple novelty.
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline 001 Amped

• Major
    • New Zealand Soldat Forum
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 02:31:47 am »
Burst fire sounds ok, but still im fine with just not holding down shoot

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 06:59:10 am »
Really? I thought all we do is run around and shoot at eachother.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 03:51:37 pm »
the tactical sheild should not be added, soldat is its own game, it should not become cs. Soldat needs to be it's own orriginal game, with new original features. There is already CTF and survival and tons of stuff added from predator movies. Who would pay nine dollars for a game that is a total rip off of other games? Soldat is 2 dimentional so it would be difficult to match or surpass any game just by ripping off it's features. Soldat can only improve itself with improvements, not rip offs. If anything we should start replacing some of the modes that arent so great. Replace teammatch with a mode that would be more popular, and replace hold the flag with something that would be interesting and fun. like if you where to merge teamatch and hold the flag into one gamemode, that would be more interesting than two empty modes.

try comming up with ideas to enrich the game and make it a longer lasting experience and not only attract more gamers, but keep them.

besides, no new weapons.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 04:55:17 pm »
I support burst but maybe only for minimi(which would be awesome!) but the sheild is a liltle iffy.