Author Topic: Another Day In Soldat: Revisited  (Read 1573 times)

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
Another Day In Soldat: Revisited
« on: August 31, 2006, 01:43:31 pm »

IN A WORLD DOMINATED BY WAR, YOU WAKE UP TO ANOTHER DAY IN HELL.
WELL, SOMETHING LIKE THAT ANYWAY.
... WHO THE HELL IS WRITING THIS SCRIPT?! THIS IS TERRIBLE.

Hello! For those of you who remember me, I'm back! For those of you who don't remember me and/or never knew me, I'm back! For those of you who could care less, well, you couldn't care less what I'd have to say!

So, I find myself sitting around at college with nothing better to do at times and a desire to play Soldat again, just because it'd be a nice way to pass the time. Alas, I cannot download Soldat onto the computers, and my laptop hasn't got a proper internet connection. Sadness.

So, what shall I do to fix this problem? Absolutely nothing! I will, however, begin a comic just because I can! Some of you may remember my brief stint with "Another Day In Soldat" from awhile back; I managed to get a grand total of four episodes in and fizzled out.

Well, I've taken my old style for that comic, updated the shiznat out of it, and put myself to some fun-loving work. Yes, as you may be able to see, I'm exploiting brushes on Photoshop to create my backgrounds. I am not an artist, my style requires very little work, I just spiff it up to make it look pretty >_>

Anyway, onward! I've comics to make! And thus I shall present to you all the first episode of a slew of oncoming episodes that might put me at *least* a mile behind Zegovia and Napalmi, because I doubt I'll be getting either of their type of recognition any time soon :P

Let us begin!

As you can tell, by the way, the first comic is more of an intro to the series. I shall continue onward with more from here, I'm just posting it to see coments on the style :D

EPISODE LIST

LATEST EPISODE

Soldat Name: Kazuo Kiriyama

Offline Sande24

• Major(1)
    • Windowns
Re: Another Day In Soldat: Revisited
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 02:07:22 pm »
lol runescape!
I DID play runescape some time ago. I quit just after bunny ears were first shown.
I wonder how could bunny ears kill you? Running into someone like a mad cow (bull) or flying like a superman and piercing someone to death?
It must be something like a rambo mode i think.

BTW.: Nice graphics.

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:24:21 pm »
It's not so much a reference to Runescape as it is a reference to Evil-Ville and his "RISE OF THE VEIKHICLELSLCL" comic, which is by far the one comic on this forum that has made me laugh the most just because of the style.

<3 Ville

Offline SoNNy

• Soldier
  • Whoosaaa
    • Soldat gamepark
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 03:28:43 pm »
Nice graphic style. keep up to good work. Cant wait for next part :)

92% of teens have moved onto hip-hop. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 04:48:21 pm »
lol, just gotta love teh bunneh.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 07:24:49 pm »
Too much stroke on the "revisted."
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline NorrisScott

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 08:07:31 pm »
I know, that was intentional :P

It was supposed to look poor and hastily thrown together, to contrast the rest of the comic. There's no chance in hell I'd ever do the things I did for this logo in a serious attempt, there are way too many things wrong with it XD