Author Topic: Finger Guns Mod?  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Wunderbear

• Major(1)
  • He's Mad!
Finger Guns Mod?
« on: August 21, 2006, 09:48:46 am »
Hello there.

Now, i'm sure at least a few of you have seen the banned advert for the Xbox 360. You know, the one where a "shootout" occurs in a trainstation? If you have not, see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF833-lpJDU

Now, I just watched this, and wondered; has anyone ever made a mod like this for any shooters? Then I thought of Soldat.

So, I come to you with an idea. I am not the proactive type, so I will probably be unable to make this mod myself. However, I am sure that some talented modders out there with a shortage of ideas may find this an interesting prospect.

So would anyone be interested in making a finger-guns mod? Discuss.

Date Posted: August 21, 2006, 03:35:51 PM
Some thoughts:

Obviously, the easiest part would be the weapon game pictures. Ie, you wouldn't really need them. Perhaps some graphics to change the arm positions of the soldaten, maybe, but not much else. (Grenades may also be invisible; harder, but funny)

Of course, the interface pictures would mostly be similar; perhaps just pictures of hands and arms holding invisible guns (and for pistols, the pointy fingers).

Of course, for special effects (muzzle flashes, explosions, etc.) we'd do something like the effects from XIII. IE, little *BANG* words popping up. You could have different ones; *BABLAM* for twin deagles, *BRAKKA* for the ak, *BANG-KACHAK* for the shotgun, etc. The explosion could just be the word

*BOOM*. And there wouldn't be any blood or gore, to represent people flinging themselves. :D

Sound effects would be hardest; we'd need a few people to record themselves doing gun sounds, explosions, dieing, etc.

Post your comments.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: Finger Guns Mod?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:19 am »
Haha, that would be pretty funny, I'd help if i had a good mic.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 02:16:48 pm »
I was going to make that once. Ended up making a a simply modern guns (MP7's Steyr AUGS's) but I made the level. I think I lost it now though, pretty rubbish anyway.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

iTakeYourHamsters

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:44:03 pm »
lol, that would be little a cartoonshow!! Cool.

Thrax

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 12:03:40 am »
Haha.. I seen that advertisement before it was taken off for some reason... Ill love too do a mod like that, except I don't know how to make any weapons.. gosteks.. If anyone knows how to make mods and can give me some advice Ill love to try this..

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 08:57:05 am »
Reminds me of this. Probably since that's a parody of that ad. Anyway, you could do it by having people do beatbox SFX for all the stuff, like you said. I've got some ideas. And make the blood something like *PAIN*. Fun idea.

EDIT: And this.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 02:31:28 pm by xtishereb »
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 09:05:50 am »
rofl, that's great.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 10:30:13 am »
I can do some sounds!

But is anyone else going to do anything for this mod?

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 11:09:43 am »
I've been thinking of doing this. In fact, I think I have a started version somewhere on my computer...
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day