Author Topic: NOOB PROBLEMS!!  (Read 5778 times)

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
Re: NOOB PROBLEMS!!
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2006, 03:06:45 am »
Welll... play realistic man :P

I'll say. People are always complaining how many noobs are around, and how little their choise of weapon as well as playstyle(camping) varies. I play realistic only, and I don't think we run into this at a great deal in the realistic community. Sure there are alot of guys running around with sniper, because they believe they can just pwn at a great distance without any skill, and will never have to actually join the fight, but they soon know better. I'm actually amazed how much progress some of the new guys are doing in realistic.

Try it out[Realistic], and you will find it that we're much more of a big, cozy family than those normal-playing peops. :)
Thanks
echo_trail
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline godTM

• Major(1)
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2006, 01:46:49 pm »
Ok, as a noob(I've only played for a few hours today alone >_> ) I noticed that the M79 was a good weapon that helped me to stay alive for more then a minute at a time and defend the flag and flagcarriers. 

I don't know what there is about it, but it is a definite noob magnet.  It's powerful, has an OK reload time, and it's a one-hit-killer.  So?  People like me will use it because it is good.  So maybe it's not good to be against, but it's good to play as.  I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but adapt. 

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2006, 01:51:22 pm »
I've just got a few things to say...

When you see an M79er, use Ruger from somewhat afar...
When you see a Barret user, try to lay down (on ground or midair) and use Steyr/grenades. it works

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2006, 02:18:52 pm »
When you see a Barret user, try to lay down (on ground or midair) and use Steyr/grenades.

The LAW gets the job done pretty dang well too.  I know this as both a sniper and as a sniper-hunter.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline godTM

• Major(1)
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2006, 03:10:07 pm »
I dunno, people try to range me from afar when I've got my M-79 out, but I just sorta flick underneath all of it and get up on them and hit them when they're attempting to dodge, but I haven't even shot yet.  =)

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2006, 03:47:45 pm »
Heh, well common mistake for people who try to dodge M79 is they jump striaght up. No, you wanna jump back with a back flip so you get away from the m79 and now you're in the air so you can rain hell on him/her.  ;D its a simple yet extremely effective plan.

And about barrets..I'm no so good at dodging them...just remember...the little boxes you can crouch behind ARE YOUR FRIENDS...they are so underrated...if you hide behind one you can take out a Barreter easily.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 03:49:20 pm by Commander Kitsune »

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2006, 03:49:13 pm »
Heh, well common mistake for people who try to dodge M79 is they jump striaght up. No, you wanna jump back with a back flip so you get away from the m79 and now you're in the air so you can rain hell on him/her.  ;D its a simple yet extremely effective plan.

That doesent work you still get blown away, just stay still and make a taunt that Says ''Please don't Shoot'' And hope for the best
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2006, 03:51:07 pm »
Ah, not quite...if you jump right you catch the edge of the explosion...rocketing you hopefully upwards with minimal-medium damage. THATS where you rain hell down...

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2006, 03:52:50 pm »
Ah, not quite...if you jump right you catch the edge of the explosion...rocketing you hopefully upwards with minimal-medium damage. THATS where you rain hell down...

Well doesen't work for me because I always have 200ping So that makes me 200ms Slower >_<

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2006, 03:57:23 pm »
Hm, ok then, for you who have the burden of high ping...I can only say one thing, and it only works at a very specific range from the M79er. Roll. Roll towards the M79er and  hopefully if you were close enough/timed it right the grenade will go right above your head. then...you know what next.

*EDIT: And no offense 2big4u but Bully doesnt seem like that great a game... Kinda choppy graphics...seemingly bad storyline. (OMFG A BULLY FTW!?) And it Overall just doesnt seem to interesting.
It seems like Rockstars losing ideas...FAST.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 04:01:33 pm by Commander Kitsune »

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2006, 04:00:39 pm »
You get blown away No matter what, Noobs + M79 = Homing Bullets, They just always Hit xD

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2006, 04:02:47 pm »
Well I don't normally get hit by them..but like what O.R.I.O.N. said...LAWS are great.

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2006, 04:08:08 pm »
If it wasen't for M79's I would get alot of 0 Death DM games.

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2006, 04:13:10 pm »
I'm not really a DM person so I wouldnt know. ¬¬

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2006, 06:05:58 pm »
give me my trusty AK an knife, and i fare just fine
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2006, 11:29:50 am »
Did any of you read my post? it explains how to dodge a 79 shot, and involves  actually getting in thier face. Go read my post on page 2,  then go  try it out, or watch me play in a pub sometime.
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.