Author Topic: No firing Barret in mid-air / Weapon Restrictions  (Read 7305 times)

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
Re: No firing Barret in mid-air / Weapon Restrictions
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 02:02:15 pm »
All these suggestions will just make the barret a camping only weapon ...
Why should there be a decrease of accuracy while firing in mid-air, if you are already moving?
It's hard enough trying to aim while moving, why should it be even harder? I thought the problem with the barret was camping :s

We have it like tis so it isnt like back when barrets where way overused because they were a one hit kill pistol basically.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 03:28:29 pm »
the barret is perfectly fine, hell, whenever i try and camp with it i miss more often, becuase im used to implementing my moving position into my shot. with camping, im still and i can't do that.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 03:33:11 pm »
I also don't like this idea although I would like an overall decrease of accuracy when in midair, that means also when proning in midair, which seems to avoid the penalty the barret already gets.

Yeah, and that's the problem. It's too easy to prone and/or stop movement to negate the movement penalty right now. There's nothing wrong with having a setting to force the Barret to be used primarily as the sniper rifle it is. Really, a weapon should largely dictate the player's approach to the game. The Barret is too useful, too powerful, too effective, too accurate, too far reaching, and so on, when compared to most other weapons in Soldat. Ideally, better movement penalty and bink implementation would fix it so that other weapons would have a reasonable chance against the Barret.
It has plenty of movementacc and bink. It's fine. It's only too easy to use when it's used for camping. It's quite hard to use it when moving/under fire.

Sorry for any unease I may have caused you, but I still think there should be some sort of accuracy negation for moving around.

Seems with all the fuss I've caused, you've all missed my other idea, or would that completely screw up the game as well?
Read above.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Azzarr

• Major
  • I eat children
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 03:10:12 am »
*gasp*  :o How could you kill off the mid-air Barrett? Shooting it in midair is all part of the skill, since it's hard to aim one when flying.

Balth

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 09:44:51 am »
i'm with you with -100%, in other words: barret is the most hard-killing weapon in the game, men who use it have to got very good aiming skills to kill with it, 'cause you have to wait about 5 seconds before you can shoot one more bullet.
so my point is: NO
/barret-user

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 09:12:25 am »
How about we make all other weapons one hit kill anywhere on map, make the bullets seek out barret users and pass trough walls?

*Cough*

No. Barret is already nearly impossible to shoot when in a wide open/narrow closed space. A single bullet from a TEAMMATE ruins the bullet for you unless you can wait nearly a reload. It's also easier to lag trough barret shots compared to, say, HK MP5 shots.

And the other idea is something I, for one, don't think we need.

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 12:43:43 am »
Remember midair LAWs?
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 05:15:33 am »
God I loved those ;(

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 09:24:49 am »
lol, I wish I had started early enough to experience that.  I friggin love the LAW.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 10:50:06 am »
It annoys me that some people jump around with their one-shot kill Barrets, while not actually using them as a sniper rifle.

Unfortunately for you, that is an issue of skill, not weapon balance.  There will always be a weapon that's very powerful because people are good at it.  The sniper rifle isn't overpowered.  I think with the startup time, it's a very balanced weapon.  The people who jump at you and kill you do so because they are good with the Barret.  It's not the easiest thing in the world to hit someone while you're in the air.

Let me guess...It also annoys you when people throw the knife at you instead of stabbing you?  Or throwing grenades instead of shooting you?  That's all part of the game.  Try to learn to avoid or take advantage of that sort of situation, instead of complaining about them.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline kevman

• Major(1)
  • Proud Member of |SSN|
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2006, 01:24:05 pm »
Ugh no, the barret would be the most underpowered wepaon in the game if this happened

good, it needs to be so lame no one uses it, its ridiculous good idea, i been sayin this for a long time
|SSN|Kevman

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 01:29:38 pm »
That's right make the barrett worse.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Lunerfox

• Major
  • Lol in the Box.
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 01:23:37 am »
I think the barret has it's right uses at the right time. The only reason it might seem overpowering sometimes is when a whole team uses it (in a pub, not a clan war) and the other team either doesn't know or refuses to collectively change their strategy to counter the new threat (For instance, I once had a server where one side used barrets and the other side just stuck with shotguns.). It's not the fault of the weapon to be overpowering in certain situations, as that is what different weapons are designed to be: A device that would deal the most amount of damage in a certain situation. Therefore, the idea that the barret is powerful is only in the mind. Only by thinking through your situation and making an attempt to make use of what you have will you see that the barret (or any other weapon) is not unbalanced, just more advantagous in that situation.
-[ILOA]-
---
Project Survival: An independent game development project.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=23390.0

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 07:55:33 pm »
Absolutely not , the gun is crippled as it is.

5th_account

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 09:04:51 pm »
Like there would ever be such restrictions...

*locked*