Author Topic: )2ESIDENT EVIL ~ Soldat  (Read 27967 times)

Offline Pierce

• Major(1)
    • )2ESIDENT EVIL ~ Soldat
)2ESIDENT EVIL ~ Soldat
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:59:18 am »

*Final Update*

-Now that I've moved this thread to the new forums, there's really nothing left to do with the mod, so it's time for me to move on. I would like to thank everyone who posted or emailed me for their feedback and help, I hope RE Soldat continues to stay as popular as it has been. Good hunting.

========================================

Hello everyone. To celebrate the Resident Evil series' 10th anniversary, I'm releasing this mod I made.

Installation:
Unzip the Mod into your Soldat folder, and click double click the )2ESIDENT EVIL ~ Soldat Batch file in the Soldat folder. This mod makes use of the 'Mods' folder in the directory for relatively easy installation, plus all of your original files won’t get overwritten. HOWEVER, for some reason it doesn't work with the Interface-gfx folder or the taunts file, so I suggest renaming those to something else before unzipping, or you can just let it overwrite the files if you don't care.

What has been changed?

-Interface
-Weapons.ini
-Default Text
-Nearly every graphic and sound

What has been added?

-)2ESIDENT EVIL and )2EAL SURVIVAL Custom Interfaces (For Registered players)
-Zombie/Ganado/Character Bots (Oh my!)
-'Zombie Blastage' Minigame (A Bot co-op game)
-Ability to add armies of Zombies and Ganados (Hit "Alt"+"1" or "2" a bunch during gameplay. Very fun)
-Mansion Maps (The original Resident Evil Mansion, good for zombies)
-Zombie Maps (The zombified versions of the official Soldat maps)

There is so much other information, I dare not post it all here. You can read the online manual for more:
www.resoldat.com

So check it out and tell me what you think:
http://resoldat.com/files/RESIDENT_EVIL_Soldat.zip (10MB)

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: )2ESIDENT EVIL ~ Soldat
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 12:41:54 pm »
As I said when this was released, you and Field Marshal are the two best modders I've ever seen.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Field Marshal

• Soldier
  • Generalfeldmarschall
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:56:46 pm »
Thanks seth :)

I hafto agree with you about pierce, this mod is very cool. I have a folder with soldat copied and this mod in it whenever I want to play zombie match ;)

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:21:38 pm »
The angle that you made these weapons is amazing. Any other mods in the works?

Offline Didimow

• Soldier
  • 4x4s Suck
    • endless forest
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 01:38:25 pm »
Nangtastic. I anticipate other mods from you.

Offline Proxy

• Major(1)
  • ChonoNub :C
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 06:04:42 pm »
Woo, I use this thing all the time with friends. Make a modern weapons/enhanced Soldat mod, I bet it'll be amazing.
I change my ingame name constantly. Look out for my colour scheme, it's the only way you'll recognize me.

Or I could just keep a list...

Current ingame name: Proxy/Running Man

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 01:39:08 am »
I love this mod! 3D perspective is awesome!

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Vaughn

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 07:42:48 am »
nice, dude amazing ;)
[image removed; read forum rules]
(NOW Effekt Ingame)
Australian? Join http://www.aussoldat

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 10:50:44 am »
Very nice i have to say

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 02:56:44 pm »
It's great, but what I really love is the manual. It's bigger than Soldat's manual and functions as a Resident Evil 101 course for people like me who've never played it. The icon is also pretty sweet.
And of course, the 3-D perspective is unlike anything I've ever seen. You even show how to do it.
Also, those are some of the best M79 sounds I've ever heard. It actually "feels" like I'm shooting explosive death.
I'd love it if you made another mod.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 09:03:01 pm »
This has to be one of the greatest mods ever.  I look forward to your next project.

Offline Pierce

• Major(1)
    • )2ESIDENT EVIL ~ Soldat
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 01:48:42 am »
Haha, I was expecting this topic to fade away quickly, as the mod has been out for a while. Nice to be wrong.

I don't have any plans to make anymore mods for now. I actually kind of made this for myself, as the 10th anniversary of RE was played pretty low key from both fans of the series and Capcom themselves. In fact, I've made several Soldat mods for myself over the years since my first mod that have never seen the public light of day, a modern weapons one and a Final Fantasy series themed one, but I deem them too dull to be published.

With RE Soldat though, ideas just sprung from nowhere: using direct sounds from the games, making character and monster bots, custom maps, inventing a mini-game, etc. I went beyond the comparatively simple idea for just a graphical overhaul and decided early on that I was going to show this to the Soldat community.

It's kinda funny that the thing that people seem to like the most are the perspective menu guns.  My guns were originally linear as most Soldat guns are, and it was really an after thought to make them angled. I didn't think they'd turn out very good, but I wanted to give them a distinctive look, so I gave it a shot.

RE Soldat was a huge project for me, I got the idea for it one week before the official anniversary and I wanted to publish it exactly on that day, which I did. So I made this entire thing (Excluding the updates in the weeks that preceded) in a week, after that I wanted to document everything while I remembered it, so the online manual was born. I also threw in an 'About RE' for people who didn't like or play the RE series, but liked the mod. There's a Meet the Cast type section about the personal quirks and profiles of each character bot in 'Bot Info' just for laughs from the RE fans. I rather like the look of angled guns and to encourage my fellow modders to try it, I typed up a short perspective tutorial in 'Weapons Info'.

I made a whole website for RE Soldat, so why is it whenever I start posting, I type a damn essay about it. Geez, I feel like spell checking this post. To recap:

Thanks for the nice comments, they are always good to read. There are no other mods currently in the works from me. (Though a perspective guns remake of the default Soldat ones does sound quite TEMPTing...hmmm)

Offline armorfox255

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 03:00:47 pm »
very cool, i am downloading it right now

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 03:30:44 pm »
Another amazin mod

Offline Eden

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 02:49:37 pm »
Excellent
Is that what you ordered?

Offline Father Grigori

• Soldier
  • Multigaming: Sniper
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 02:26:25 am »
Wow. Gotta say this is best of best. Dont like President Evil but hey this mod rocks....
Never seen such detailed guns. And the angle. Wow. 10/10 . Maps seem alrite. Now to the new mod of yours!!!
-blessing-

·F·E·A·R·
Fluffy·Eurasian·Alligator·Rabbit

Offline Blue Wolf

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 07:54:16 am »
It`s GreaT!!! one of the best mods ever  ;)

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 01:37:12 pm »
Hey pierce.

I just got back from florida! :O

On-topic: I still love the mod.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 02:56:40 am »
I wonder... What about making some non-overpowered weapons, Magnum for example?... And if i recall the rocket launcher in Resident Evil had 2 rockets :D <insert devil smilie here>

Besides, very nice mod :D but i still love to pwn zombies with cucumbers :>

EDIT: Defence Grenades, not Defense... i think...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 03:00:59 am by Foley »
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 12:31:38 am »
coll weapon mod(the weapons are a little desiquilibradas me to all good  ;))