Author Topic: Skin color  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
Skin color
« on: September 02, 2006, 01:27:07 pm »
A soldat's head and hands are tan-colored in the Gostek gfx, and skin tone is defined by assigning a shade of grey, basically, right?

What color could I use to counteract the tan color and make a bot's head and hands grey without changing the gostek? Is it possible with Soldat's color blending method?
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Skin color
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 01:27:45 pm »
You could always use the skin changer in the Fap Apps section.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 01:33:31 pm »
But if I tell the app to give me grey skin (to copy over to a bot), won't I appear as tan anyway because the gostek is pre-colored?

Remember than in default Soldat, when you choose skin color, it just gives you a shade of grey (except the black skin color).
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 08:34:42 pm »
i find the skin changer to be a waste of space, no one really pays to much attention to ur skin
 ::) :-\

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 11:36:36 pm »
I use SSCC to make my head dissappear, kinda makes me look... like a headless person :O!

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 11:39:17 pm »
NO
NOT A HEALESS PERSON
lol
thats cool, i guess, but really, what good does it do for ur comp

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 03:51:12 pm »
Idle curiosity, mostly... I saw someone post a "Combine" bot and wondered if I could make it look like a real Combine soldier without making a new Gostek.

Offline Anna

• Soldier
    • my dev blog
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 10:31:57 am »
RGB(112, 142, 213) works pretty well for a darkish grey.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 03:34:22 pm »
Ah, there we are. This reveals about what kind of blending Soldat uses on skin. Thanks.