Author Topic: New Games: Kill the general-Duck hunt  (Read 7335 times)

Offline Blastero

• Major(1)
  • ARGENTINO HASTA LOS HUEVOS
New Games: Kill the general-Duck hunt
« on: September 02, 2006, 10:46:01 pm »
Well, before everything, i don't speak English very well, so if i do a mistake, please correct me or try to understand me. I´ll do my best.

These are 2 games i have been thinking:

Kill the general:
This game is about killing the enemy general.  It´s a mix between hold the flag and CTF. There are 2 teams, red and blue. Each team as a general which is designed random. The general hold a golden gun or something like that, that gun is very powerfull. When he´s killed, another of the same team can pick up the gun a he will be the new general.

The score will be:
If a soldier kills a soldier: 1
If a soldier kills a general: 5
If a general kills a soldier: 2
If a general kills the other general: 20

If the general trows the gun, he will be dismissed to a soldier.
Duck hunt:
i don´t have the map maker, but i can give you my idea. The game will be an infiltration. The red team will spawn very high to the upper left. They must cross a pit to get to the flag on the upper right and bring it back to the base. But the blue team will be in the bottom of that pit, armed with Barret. That place is covered with trees, so they can hide. Also up the trees there´s a wall which the bullets can get trough, but the soldiers don´t, to avoid close combat. The only way to shoot the "ducks" is using the scope, so the blue team can see them, but the red team can´t (because they are flying). The red team also is armed with barrets, but they can´t use the scope down there >:(.

I hope this will be usefull
"When you are thinking in kicking a noob, remember once a time you were one"

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: New Games: Kill the general-Duck hunt
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 08:13:06 am »
Duck hunt sounds like a good subgamemode.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 08:20:11 am »
Duck hunt sounds awsome! Someone make a map ASAP
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Blastero

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 10:04:48 pm »
I forget something, in duck hunt there´re no grenades.
And also i forget other thing, if a guy form the red team is flying back with the flag and you shot him down, the flag will fall in that wall up the trees, and the blue team can´t reach it to bring it back to base :o. I think we can fix the problem doing that wall not like this -----------, you can make it like this ^^^^^^^^^^^, so the flag can easily be recovered by the blue team.

Offline Cato269

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 10:43:49 pm »
duck hunt is an insult to the game on nes, but a good idea notherless.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 10:54:44 pm »
I like the duck hunt idea, but if Bravo has a sniper that means Alpha can select one as well...

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 11:09:59 pm »
Generals is a great gamemode idea (yea, I think it would be better off as Generals than Kill the General, heh)! But HTF & CTF? Bad references, man. :P You're thinking of something more like Team RamboMatch, where the generals' Golden Guns are illuminated (that's the only way I can see how this would work, since the ranks are so crucial). Your scoring is poor, tho'; 'soldier kills soldier' should be 2, and 'general kills soldier' should be 1 since the general's weapon is so easy, being one-hit kill.

As for the Duck Hunt game mode, it doesn't seem like much more than sniper practice, really, and people would stop playing it because it's too hard for Bravo (or it's too hard for Alpha, when put up against expert snipers ;D).

But I really like Generals. Heheh... if one team gets both Golden Guns... better protect that general, then! 8) That's awesome.

EDIT I just read the very top sentence of your post. You know better English than some people I know who are native to it ;)

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 11:31:13 pm »
what if the general throws/drops the gun like into a spike pit or some other place that kills instantly upon impact? will the gun respawn after like 5 seconds of being unused, or just sit there? lol
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Blastero

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 04:00:34 pm »
OK, iwill anwser all your posts.
Cato 269: Tell me why is an insult. And please be honest, if you don´t like the game, ok, i´ll understand. But if you still thinking that (insult), tell me why? everybody kick the noobs in a game, but they forget when they were noobs too. I say this so you can take an example of bullshit and ignorance. (apologise my vocabulary).

Gold: The idea is: The alpha team also can choose the berret, but they can´t see the bravo team, remember, the only way to see the other team is using the scope, also the bottom of the pit will be covered with trees and bushes, so the bravo team can´t be seeing. That´s the idea.

Keron cyst: kill the general: yeah, i know, there´s  a lot of things wich must be changed in this game mode, i just give the idea. But i agree wih the idea "soldier kills a soldier 1" general-solider 2. So the general is motived to move around and shoot. Otherwise, he will camp or hide around there.
duck hunt: Yeah, i didn´t think about it. We can put some obstacules on the sniper way, or something like that, and remember, everybody always join the alpha team, because if they capture the flag, 20 score. If is too hard for alpha and bravo... GREAT, this game won´t be easy.
Remember, dodgeball is just trowing the knife around there, it´s very simple, but there gonna be tournament of that. This game just started with in one half, red team, in the other half, blue team, and a few knives. And look know, there´re around 10 or 15 differents game modes to play dodgeball.
Thanks a lot for the last sentence, yeah, i practice too much. I´m from Argentina

-WillBill-: If nobody pick the gun in 10 seconds, it will respawn in another random place in the map, and if nobody pick the gun again , it will respawn in another place of the map, etc etc.

CAUTION: If nobody picks the gun, there ins´t a general, and if a team don´t have the general, no score untill someone pick the gun. Is that clear? :P. The team can´t íck up the enemy gun, but they can defend it  ;D

IMPORTANT NOTE: If somebody do a duck hunt map, please send it to me : de-zona-sur@hotmail.com (don´t worry, i have antivirus >:()

Date Posted: September 04, 2006, 04:53:56 PM
I forget something, THANKS A LOT FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES (speccialy cato :P). And thanks the other for reading this.

Offline Kaine

• Major
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 07:51:07 pm »
both of them seem quite interesting

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 08:18:01 pm »
duck hunt seems nice adn teh general soldier game sounds good too

Offline Blastero

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 09:36:23 pm »
OK!, so..., what are we waiting for? Somebody can give me the mail or something of a mapmaker? So i can tell them the idea and send drawings or pictures of my idea.

And the Kill the general (KTG :P) idea must be analysed by the god of soldat, yeah, Michal Marcinkowsky. Maybe for the next version.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 09:38:49 pm »
polyworks. check in the fan apps section.

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 09:42:35 pm »
You can use Polyworks or Soldat Map Maker, look in the Fan Apps section for Polyworks, and go to www.soldat.pl to download Soldat Map Maker

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 11:00:00 pm »
Blastero, just use Paint to draw up a rough sketch of a map. :P It'd be good enough for me, at least.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 08:18:44 am »
if there is a wall between the red and blue team to prevent close combat, how can red team get through to the flag and win? sounds like infiltration slaughter to me.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Fluffy

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 08:29:25 am »
Duck hunt sounds awesome, and I can't see anything that would prevent it from being only a submode.

Long live Nazi-Communism!

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 08:42:24 am »
Someone make a duckhunt map NOW!!! ;D

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 10:56:57 am »
I'ma making one Basic to see if i get the idea, Will post in hour

Date Posted: September 05, 2006, 09:53:57 AM
You guys thinking something like this?

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5425/hhdghehdfhfdgdsfsdfdfdsfdfey6.jpg

I know its not pretty, Just a test
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline Blastero

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 11:57:33 am »
I'ma making one Basic to see if i get the idea, Will post in hour

Date Posted: September 05, 2006, 09:53:57 AM
You guys thinking something like this?

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5425/hhdghehdfhfdgdsfsdfdfdsfdfey6.jpg

I know its not pretty, Just a test
Yeah, just do the pit more deep, so the only way to see the red team flying is using the scope. Also you can put some obstacules in the way of the red team or just plataforms to reload the jetpack. And use the mod to change the barret reload time, so when you shoot, you must wait at least 6 o 7 seconds for the next shoot. Also you can put more damage in the shoot so you just kill him with a single shoot.

Date Posted: September 05, 2006, 12:52:13 PM
a 4 year old: Read very carefully what i said. I repeat, i don´t speak english very well and maybe you don´t get my idea. The flag is in the upper right, and the red team will apear in the upper right, so the way to capture the flag is flying to there, the bravo team wil be in the bottom of the pit. Thah wall is in the bottom of the pit, adobe the trees, so is a guy from the red team fall into that wall, he will be sitting duck :P to the enemy fire, and bravo have advante becasue all the place is covered with trees.. But also the bravo team can´t fly to catch the ducks, because they also can´t get trough the wall.