Author Topic: Extremely Odd Moment (glitch?)  (Read 2053 times)

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
Extremely Odd Moment (glitch?)
« on: September 03, 2006, 03:59:54 pm »
so there I was; average day, average game (or so I thought). the map was big falls, team deathmatch. all the teams had 2 people on em except for alpha (which had 1 guy), so I joined alpha. i took a second to select my weapon, but suddenly realized something wasnt right. I was moving, but I wasnt pushing any keys. upon further investigation I noticed that my soldat was indeed following my other teammate. I watched in awe, as when he fired, I fired. when he ran right or left, I ran the same way. if he jumped, I jumped too. wherever he went, I zipepd right there. every time someone threw a nade at us, or shot us, I took the blow and died, while he remained fine (though his newfound human-shield was no longer there to protect him). then, when I spawned, Id immediately zip right over to where he was, through walls and all. he soon acused me of hacking. I tried to type "no im not, I have no clue whats going on!" but when I pressed enter, nothing happened. I tried typing other things aswell, but to no avail. it then occured to me that if he could control my movements, perhaps I could too. and, much to my amazement, I could indeed make him stop dead in his tracks, jump, and even fire when I did. I played around with it for a bit, we both got slaughtered like pigs (though he got a few kills thanks to my body taking all the hits).

don't believe me? think Im totally B.S.ing? think again, for I now know how to record demos, and my friends, this is quite a demo to be seen. click here (1,550 kb) to watch this mind-boggling event, and please, if you know what the heck happened, lemme know. Ive never heard of this glitch before, and never had it happen any other time to me.
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Iq Unlimited

• Flagrunner
  • mr. foobar2000
Re: Extremely Odd Moment (glitch?)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 04:04:44 pm »
I think its a screw-up in the Soldat Programming, or the Server waz extremely screwed up, because it's happened to me too on U13 TM at 1 point, I waz like WTF?????? and the server kicked me for cheating -.-, dont ask me though, its happened to me, but It also has happened to me so that I jsut couldnt control my Soldat in a regualr DM and the dude waz pwning who waz suing me -.-

Its strange, why not ask Michal about it :P

Iq Unlimited

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 04:07:57 pm »
Has happened over 3 times for me, Its pretty cool if you try to move it looks like you can control him but it just warps back to where he is
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 04:10:03 pm »
no, lol, like I could actually control him. I could move him when I pushed a button, but then if he pushed one itd do whatever he was gonna do. maybe we were like chienese siamese twins or something... *dun dun duuunnnnnnn*
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 04:12:08 pm »
Yeah, it Looks like you can control him but actually you arn't atleast all the times this hapepned to me I couldent it would just warm back to where he was heading
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline godTM

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 04:53:18 pm »
That's pretty crazy to be honest.  I want it to happen to me, seems like it could be a fun time =D

Although, if both of you were pushing in opposite directions, you'd stand in one place and get slaughtered, right?  Or does it take whichever action prompted is newest?  Sorry if that sounds weird. . . will it just cancel eachother's actions out, or take whoever presses a button last?

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 05:20:38 pm »
this has happened to me atleast 6 times. it hasnt happened recently to me but i have an idea of what happens wrong. this almost always happens when someone joins or switches teams, i think that basically there is are 2  arrays that has 0-31(there is too to prevent some packet loss issues) and each layer is set to true if there is a player, then there is a couple variables set to each number such as name a position from 1-50 and another 1-50, then some that determines exactly where and other variables that relate to the soldat. the problem is that too characters get the same identifier(0-31), so then your positions are close to each other and when one dies it sends the stuff back to its array which then is sychronizes with the other array. NOTE:this is just my programming mind kicking in, it may be completely wrong but most likely it has some revelance to what is happening.

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 05:30:27 pm »
Moved to bugs.
o/

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 05:55:24 pm »
This has happened to me twice before, and luckily, both times someone recognized that I wasn't hacking, it was just a strange bug. :D

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 07:15:37 pm »
Yes, 'tis a bug...I forget how it happens...I used to think it was when 2 people join the same team at the same time. I think the only way to fix is to leave then rejoin.

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 07:28:04 pm »
This happened to me a while ago.

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=2295.0

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 09:31:50 pm »
I think the only way to fix is to leave then rejoin.

eh, I tried that, but no luck...

Offline kingof gamez

• Major(1)
  • Zelda
    • SoldatMega
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 02:41:39 pm »
OMG U WERE HIJACKED!!!

Date Posted: September 28, 2006, 03:32:33 PM
foe exzample u r player A and u have a ip: 10.0.0.0 and player B has a ip: 10.1.1.1 u join the game or respawn at the same time and then the sever gets confused and think that player A's ip was player B's so player A was Player B and Player A copys what player B does so thats how people hijack u or u can hijack other people
Ingame Names/ Uncle Jimmy/ {THE REAL ADMIN}/ Ray/ Tyson/ Computer Mod By Ray/
http://www.soldatmega.tk

Joako

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 09:54:51 pm »
OMG U WERE HIJACKED!!!

Date Posted: September 28, 2006, 03:32:33 PM
foe exzample u r player A and u have a ip: 10.0.0.0 and player B has a ip: 10.1.1.1 u join the game or respawn at the same time and then the sever gets confused and think that player A's ip was player B's so player A was Player B and Player A copys what player B does so thats how people hijack u or u can hijack other people

<smites>

That has happened to me a few times. I usually rejoin a few times and it gets fixed.

It's pretty fun, though.

ArmedManiac

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 04:58:24 pm »
i have so had it happen, it = bug